Skip to main content
Answered

New SONOS iOS app (May 2024) is TOTAL RUBBISH!!

The New Sonos iOS app is absolutely terrible. If you haven’t upgraded yet please please don’t. There are so many missing features and bugs to boot. It looks like an pre-Alpha version of software rushed to market without being properly tested or checked.
PLEASE PLEASE  PLEASE Sonos bring back the S2 app for download on the App Store. If I could downgrade I would do it in a heartbeat. I’m a long time user and fan of Sonos products but frankly this is a big miss a disaster. This new app is almost unusable. This is Sonos’s Windows Vista moment. 
Please listen to your users Sonos, negative feedback is everywhere now. Please give us back the S2 app whilst this one goes back to the drawing board or perhaps the trash can.  

Looking for a recycling center to take my Sonos speakers.  Any suggestion?  These are worthless and have been nothing but frustrating.

Agree with all, the new app is a nightmare.  I’m certainly not a techie, but this app is unusable!

Agree, mine auto updated and lots of missing features including no sleep timer anymore! Sonos please rectify asap! 

Omg - I have posted 4 times now. The app gets worse and worse. I reinstalled everything and thought it was sorted. But NO! I had the same song coming out of beam, play 1, beam and ones. All at different parts of the song. SORT IT OUT SONOS. This is utter *. I am so utterly * off

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

I am listening to albums mixed in the worse possible way. Cowboys from hell mixed with the next 4 songs. I am selling my hardware. What a loads of *. Whoever sanctioned this app needs to be * fired - it has ruined something that I absolutely loved. £5000 of speakers worthless. Thank you Sonos. 

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

No words for this. Initially could not even set alarm, fortunately it is back although far hidden. Room manageent is so bad, i cannot switch rooms and play music. I ended up buying Sonospad to be able to use my Sonos system again. So annoyed, if I had not spend all that money I would have ditched the system. Shame on you Sonos!

Did anybody read his? Especially the last part..  https://www.theregister.com/2024/05/20/sonos_app_update_borks_users/

Did anybody read his? Especially the last part..  https://www.theregister.com/2024/05/20/sonos_app_update_borks_users/

The arrogance.

I hope Mr. Spence hangs around long enough to see the impact this App “downgrade” has on the Sonos bottom line. Enough of us will be leaving negative reviews in enough places that potential customers will decide they need to look elsewhere. Sonos have a responsibility to ensure constancy with their products - but more importantly, basic functionality. I can no longer add songs discovered in Spotify to the active queue (or any queue actually). It feels as if an absolute idiot designed this and boy does it show. Never again with Sonos. 

Junk, junk, junk. How can a global brand get away with this awful software. 

The arrogance.

Wow…. I do NOT WANT THIS….

Suddenly, everyone's home Sonos devices are available via play.sonos.com using a simple username/password combination, without any thought as to the risks of this, with some users no doubt having recycled passwords that have been subject to data breaches on other platforms. There has been no suggestion that Sonos will provide multifactor authentication for these web services yet.

Agree. I’ve installed 10+ Sonos systems for clients.. I’m terrified about all the support calls I’m about to get.  

After all the fuss I had set my app to “no automatic updates” to keep 16.1

now it’s gone and done it anyway! Really? Annoyed doesn’t cover it 🤬🤬

I hate to be the only one to say this but no one gives a crap about these so called new features, we just want the old ones back that actually worked. We have paid thousands of $$$ for this SONOS system work, which did quite well until this half developed app rolled out. Please fix this piss pour attempt at an upgrade, any consumers are not retained customers..

I hate to be the only one to say this but no one gives a crap about these so called new features, we just want the old ones back that actually worked. We have paid thousands of $$$ for this SONOS system work, which did quite well until this half developed app rolled out. Please fix this piss pour attempt at an upgrade, any consumers are not retained customers..why now 

Dump this app. It is horrible. Please let us revert to the previous version. 

Best Buy should stop selling Sonos until the Sonos app gets fixed. 

The New Sonos iOS app is absolutely terrible. If you haven’t upgraded yet please please don’t. There are so many missing features and bugs to boot. It looks like an pre-Alpha version of software rushed to market without being properly tested or checked.
PLEASE PLEASE  PLEASE Sonos bring back the S2 app for download on the App Store. If I could downgrade I would do it in a heartbeat. I’m a long time user and fan of Sonos products but frankly this is a big miss a disaster. This new app is almost unusable. This is Sonos’s Windows Vista moment. 
Please listen to your users Sonos, negative feedback is everywhere now. Please give us back the S2 app whilst this one goes back to the drawing board or perhaps the trash can.  

The Android app is just as bad.

The faces behind the biggest strategic product failure of the year (going for the decade). Must be nice to have on your resume. If someone gives you a fact-sheet with the state of what the new app is and you still decide to push it you really did not read the sheet to understand what you are doing

https://investors.sonos.com/corporate-governance/default.aspx#section=bod

CEO literally just ignoring users and saying we need time to get used to change: 

https://livioacerbo.com/sonos-ceo-patrick-spence-addresses-the-companys-divisive-app-redesign/

wow - this! fourth or fifth article I’ve seen like this - the emperors clothes getting peeled back

Still shocking that they have reacted only by doubling down.  This whole great new experience they promised all a bag of worms and their answer - more worms.

Looking for a recycling center to take my Sonos speakers.  Any suggestion?  These are worthless and have been nothing but frustrating.

Google around for one of those tech buy/resale sites - we sold a bunch of S1 components when we fell for the upgrade to S2. You can probably eBay or Amazon them too if you want to deal with the hassle.

That guy Spence is a tool and a liar.

“Spence doesn’t have any regrets about Sonos making the leap when it did and says the company’s internal data shows that the new app’s benefits are very real and being felt by (less vocal) customers.”

What benefits? Seriously?  No regrets?  Right - that’s what his lawyers told hm to say.

“You need the app to be easier and more modern to navigate. It needs to have faster response and lower latency,” and all of these things.”

Really? Then why is it slow and glitchy? Does anyone find it faster?

It has delivered — we know from data and from feedback — that it is easier to navigate.”

BS - feedback from where?  Beta testers told them it wasn’t ready.

But the “why now” was because it’s actually much easier to navigate, more responsive, and just a better overall experience, and that is the thing for the 99 percent of customers that you’re never going to hear from as you go through it. 

Nope - more lies.  Why now - It was for the cans and roam 2 and the recent Feb shareholders announcements.  No way 99% of users think it is better.  It’s dreadful.

“The company is no doubt hoping that in six months, all of this will be a distant memory, the new app will have reached feature parity (and then some) with the software it replaced, and all will be forgiven among its loyal customer base.”

So the timeline is 6 months?  Wow.  Dream on you delusional fool.  Second time you guys have kicked customers in the balls.  You’re a ball kicker, simple as that. 

That guy Spence is a tool and a liar.

“Spence doesn’t have any regrets about Sonos making the leap when it did and says the company’s internal data shows that the new app’s benefits are very real and being felt by (less vocal) customers.”

What benefits? Seriously?  No regrets?  Right - that’s what his lawyers told hm to say.

“You need the app to be easier and more modern to navigate. It needs to have faster response and lower latency,” and all of these things.”

Really? Then why is it slow and glitchy? Does anyone find it faster?

It has delivered — we know from data and from feedback — that it is easier to navigate.”

BS - feedback from where?  Beta testers told them it wasn’t ready.

But the “why now” was because it’s actually much easier to navigate, more responsive, and just a better overall experience, and that is the thing for the 99 percent of customers that you’re never going to hear from as you go through it. 

Nope - more lies.  Why now - It was for the cans and roam 2 and the recent Feb shareholders announcements.  No way 99% of users think it is better.  It’s dreadful.

“The company is no doubt hoping that in six months, all of this will be a distant memory, the new app will have reached feature parity (and then some) with the software it replaced, and all will be forgiven among its loyal customer base.”

So the timeline is 6 months?  Wow.  Dream on you delusional fool.  Second time you guys have kicked customers in the balls.  You’re a ball kicker, simple as that. 

Agreed. It’s definitely not faster, not easier, and is missing heaps of basic things. Spence and the design team should resign immediately. Just give us back the app we want to use OUR own equipment. 

It’s 4 June just back from holiday and Sonus still haven’t sorted out their controller app . Sound control does its own thing , forming queue adding next , play last and other basics of previous app still not working . 
Have you all been on holiday too or wfh ? 
Oh no you’ve been there busy emailing users about your new headphones . I DONT want these , I just want my system back and working currently it’s the biggest waste of £ 1500 I’ve ever made  

The navigation in the new app is horrible. It appears to have been designed by 3 year olds. The Front End development team at Sonos should be fired for deploying such a cumbersome and user enemy app. I have been developing software for 30+ years so I understand good vs bad apps. This one wins the bad app award. Please add the old app back so people can revert back to something that makes sense and doesn’t aggravate the end user every time they try to add a speaker to the speakers currently playing, change the source, find their favorite stations or just about anything at all. 

Another nice touch was while trying to log into this app it said the username was already taken. It made me click the “accept terms” checkbox again as if I changed my mind just because the user name was already taken.