Skip to main content
Answered

New SONOS iOS app (May 2024) is TOTAL RUBBISH!!

The New Sonos iOS app is absolutely terrible. If you haven’t upgraded yet please please don’t. There are so many missing features and bugs to boot. It looks like an pre-Alpha version of software rushed to market without being properly tested or checked.
PLEASE PLEASE  PLEASE Sonos bring back the S2 app for download on the App Store. If I could downgrade I would do it in a heartbeat. I’m a long time user and fan of Sonos products but frankly this is a big miss a disaster. This new app is almost unusable. This is Sonos’s Windows Vista moment. 
Please listen to your users Sonos, negative feedback is everywhere now. Please give us back the S2 app whilst this one goes back to the drawing board or perhaps the trash can.  

The only thing to understand now is why they are doing this absurd move, and what result they are trying to obtain?

It is clear to everybody that the new app is a total mess both for Android and I.O.S and  that in no way it will  be fixed in a short time.

So if they are insisting on this line there must be something real big to get, so big that it doesn’t matter if they loose forever most of their current clients. I

Is there anybody who can figure out what this could be?

What in God's name have you done

This new app does  not work end of.

How in gods name can you do this..

I have been with sonos from the very start 

I now have a full house system  because it used to work very well.

Now I have a full system that is total crap.

If I am lucky it will work but I now can't find anything that I used to play. When I do it says error unable to find system. Or error has occurred 

Total utter junk my £2500 a complete waste of money I don't even understand how a company is allowed to do this. Would I recommend  anyone to sonos no no no no no  no no no no . Daylight robbery 

Playlists vanished

Total disaster.

This company has lost its way.

Management should experience consequences for such an insult to their loyal clients. 

Yes--like get your butts over to my house and fix my system. 

What in God's name have you done

This new app does  not work end of.

How in gods name can you do this..

I have been with sonos from the very start 

I now have a full house system  because it used to work very well.

Now I have a full system that is total crap.

If I am lucky it will work but I now can't find anything that I used to play. When I do it says error unable to find system. Or error has occurred 

Total utter junk my £2500 a complete waste of money I don't even understand how a company is allowed to do this. Would I recommend  anyone to sonos no no no no no  no no no no . Daylight robbery 

Have to agree with this. Why did I upgrade from the previous app that worked . Completely lost faith in Sonos

They are more concerned about you buying more of their products than fixing problems. The app engineers, marketing and sales missed the mark this time, rush rush rush a beta product into the consumers hand. 

They should at least be smart enough to stop sending emails hawking their new $500 headphones.  The CEO should be tracking those of us having a really bad time, ask for forgiveness and give us a free set.

I completely agree that the new app is garbage.  It has converted my Sonos speakers into expensive paperweights.

Couldn’t agree more. Really regret that I upgraded. This is a shockingly useless App - probably the worst I have experienced  Sonos should be ashamed of this amateurish product. It doesn’t even interface properly with music services like Apple Music. Absolute crap. Sonos have ****** up big time - totally disgusted with their product. 

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

“Something went wrong” 

“Something went wrong” 

Yes, your thought process if you think repeatedly spam posting leads to anything but removal. 

Yes, your thought process if you think repeatedly spam posting leads to anything but removal. 

Yes, a brilliant tactic.  Waste the mod’s time deleting this jack wad’s posts when they could be helping others.  They should delete this account, and the original account this obvious sock came from. 

The automatic update of the new App removed my ability to use my Apple Music library - my main source of music. It has rendered all my Sonos gear unusable. How can this be? Sonos advertises that its products will play personal libraries and we pay top dollar for their products. Then, after years of customer loyalty, they remove this function with no warning. Two courteous emails to their CEO merely produced a rote PR response and failed to provide any usable information. It’s as if they don’t care about their customers - astonishing! 

The automatic update of the new App removed my ability to use my Apple Music library - my main source of music. It has rendered all my Sonos gear unusable. How can this be? Sonos advertises that its products will play personal libraries and we pay top dollar for their products. Then, after years of customer loyalty, they remove this function with no warning. Two courteous emails to their CEO merely produced a rote PR response and failed to provide any usable information. It’s as if they don’t care about their customers - astonishing! 

You can add the library back using the PC/Mac app:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/add-your-music-library-to-sonos

I have followed your instructions for the last hour - repeated attempts - and can still not access my library. I’ve tried calling your customer service and there is a 55 minute waiting time - with no option to book a call back. 

It’s awful!  Love the sluggish crappy performance and gui bugs, can someone tell me what volume the kitchen is playing at?

Eek. Have you updated the app and speakers since today’s lasted update came out?

Yes.. that was after the update today

Looks like an app glitch, either force close your app or restart your phone. Or both

Rubbish is too kind!  I have never been so frustrated as I am tonight using the new app.  So confusing and no need to go through all of the maneuvers needed to find my TV in the app!  Crazy!  Have called tech support twice in the past week to relocate my TV!!! And waiting for over an hour to speak with someone.  Apparently I am not the only person having issues with this.  One should not have to be this frustrated and angry, ready to stroke out using this bleeping thing.  I look forward to relaxing in the evening, not relearning how to use my equipment!!!!  Bring back the old app!!!!

I’ve been suffering with the new SONOS app since they pushed the beta nightmare into my life about a month ago.  Since they I have not been able to see any of my Qobuz playlists or favorite artists.  I have incredible latency and now I keep getting a note about “something went wrong, try again later.”  I’ve called SONOS support several times as well as Qobuz.  Nothing seems to be getting done.  Therefore, I plan to sell my SONOS Connect and Boost and move on to Bluenode or some other streamer.  The team that came up with the new app and the execs who ok’ed the “upgrade” should be fired.

Rubbish is too kind!  I have never been so frustrated as I am tonight using the new app.  So confusing and no need to go through all of the maneuvers needed to find my TV in the app!  Crazy!  Have called tech support twice in the past week to relocate my TV!!! And waiting for over an hour to speak with someone.  Apparently I am not the only person having issues with this.  One should not have to be this frustrated and angry, ready to stroke out using this bleeping thing.  I look forward to relaxing in the evening, not relearning how to use my equipment!!!!  Bring back the old app!!!!

It’s not hard to find the TV… You just select that speaker and then you’ll see TV on the Home Screen under Your Sources.

The app and support have been absolutely rubbish.  Not only isn’t it user friendly but I haven’t been able to add my music library for 2 months now.  That’s the only reason I have this system.  Spent hours on the phone with support - was told to make an appointment for Level 2 Support online - not one time slot available for the next 4 months.  Are you kidding me?

I am having success using SonoPad for iOS.. It does cost $3, but it does work with my local NAS-drive hosted music libary, which the Sonos app does not.

Just got another email the schedule a callback from level 2 support.  Just checked every day thru February 2025 - no appointments available.  The worst.  Any word on lawsuits?