Skip to main content

In the new 2024 Sonos App :

Where are the alarms settings? 

Where is the Last.fm service?

Where is the Android widget?

This is a real nightmare. I hope Sonos will fix all that asap because what they did releasing this not finished app is scandalous.

For today's update, can anyone who has implemented comment? What is the new software number on iOS and what differences are you seeing (beyond what's above)?

80.04.04. No difference noticed. 

Thanks. Odd behavior noted, update available in app store but checking in-app still says up to date. Whose fault is this, Apple or Sonos?

What do you mean ‘checking in app’? Do you mean system update? There wasn't a system update on the back of this app update. 

For today's update, can anyone who has implemented comment? What is the new software number on iOS and what differences are you seeing (beyond what's above)?

Thanks. Odd behavior noted, update available in app store but checking in-app still says up to date. Whose fault is this, Apple or Sonos?

What do you mean ‘checking in app’? Do you mean system update? There wasn't a system update on the back of this app update. 

When I was on 80.03.07, the Apple App Store showed 80.04.04 available, but within the Sonos app itself, no update was available. In other words, I was forced through the Apple Store for the update. Didn't used to be this way IIRC.

On Android there are some new items in the settings menu. 

I don't know about ios though. 

When I was on 80.03.07, the Apple App Store showed 80.04.04 available, but within the Sonos app itself, no update was available. In other words, I was forced through the Apple Store for the update. Didn't used to be this way IIRC.

They are different things. 

The update within the app is for firmware of the products. 

The updates on the app store are to update the apps themselves. 

One does not necessarily rely on the other. 

I don’t recall ever being able to call an update of the app from within the app though, on iOS? The only update you could check for in the app is a System Update. (Sometimes the system update would prompt you to also update the app if one was available though, to make the system update work. So there was that.)

No difference noted after updating app. Still truly awful. Give us back our older app please!!!

It’s a mess. 
if you change volume from a speaker it applies several seconds later. 

^^Oh the total and absolute loyalty runs deep in this one… ;-)

Ah thanks, and please keep highlighting that fact, as it might help to stop the Mods deleting my posts and @Bumpers too.👍

Folks (who I’m not naming) let’s cut out the personal commentary/attacks. I’d like to think that long-time forum members can take the high road here, and let the ‘newbies’ have the last word?

I’d also like to think that everyone on these forums can “let the pitch go” as opposed to replying to disagreeable posts just for the sake of arguing?

I know, I know, crazy talk! Back to our normally scheduled programming.

Ready to sell a dozen Sonos devices -- all because of the apps. It’d be a no-brainer for me if Apple speakers weren’t somewhat kludgey.

There are business decisions going on here that are antithetical to providing customers with a good experience, quite possibly from the top down. Admit the mistakes, formulate a public plan to fix the problems, and regain our trust.

The positives:

• The hardware has been amazing and rock solid.
  • The general design of the new apps is fine -- it’s growing on me despite all the technical problems.

I don’t want to blame the developers (developer?) for missing features and bugs, but rather eviscerate the decision makers. 

1. Non-native apps result in a mediocre experience and a lack of integration. The decision to not go native for mobile devices is a significant problem, IMO.
  2. Making the apps essentially a web interface to something, the speakers?, that cannot perform adequately, especially with music services. 
    1. S1 and S2 didn’t appear to suck as much as the current app. 
    2. Data needs to be cached or you noticeably wait for pages to load.
  3. The requests, like Artists and such, to music services appear to be paginated -- there’s no integrated search, and you can’t click a letter to quickly scroll to the designed section of the list.
    1. Again, requests need to be cached. Push the music services to provide time delta data.

Sonos is now in a competitive market and their decisions are about making money at the expense of the consumer. It’s not a good place to be, and I have no ideas how to solve their economic problems, but if you look at Apple, people buy their stuff because they are overall very customer friendly (except the nerds who want to tinker and have full control of the hardware and devs who they continually s*** on).

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

80.04.04 just crashes on my iPhone 13 Pro.  Only see the Sonos logo then it’s gone, so I’m not seeing anything new.

And I now have no access to my Sonos system unless I go with the 3rd party app (which I’ve resorted to - it is functional!)

80.04.04 just crashes on my iPhone 13 Pro.  Only see the Sonos logo then it’s gone, so I’m not seeing anything new.

And I now have no access to my Sonos system unless I go with the 3rd party app (which I’ve resorted to - it is functional!)

I had the same issue. Deleting then reinstalling the app fixed this on my phone. Worth a shot. 

Worked as intended on my iPhone 12 

Today’s App update is working fine on my older iPhone XR. My first impression is it opens slightly faster than the earlier version on my Home setup here, but I need to play some more to see what else has improved.

...as it might help to stop the Mods deleting my posts and @Bumpers too.👍

That might just be so they can reduce their carbon footprint by not hosting your gifs accompanying almost every post rubbing it in how fast your App is. 😂 (joke!)

I’m seeing weird behaviour in the queue. Loaded a playlist ~120 tracks, shuffled. Now Playing shows the correct track playing, but if I go to the queue it has the wrong track identified.  Hit next track, new song plays,Now playing updates, the queue moves to a new song but it’s still wrong. 

Tapping a specific song in the queue and it starts playing a song but not the one I’ve tapped. 

ETA Working bug free in SonoPhone, of course. This new app is buggy AF. 

Still can’t edit the queue after the July 1 update.  Which is the entire point of a queue, right? 

That might just be so they can reduce their carbon footprint by not hosting your gifs accompanying almost every post rubbing it in how fast your App is. 😂 (joke!)

lol, yet what about the carbon footprint Sonos now contributes to by pushing all this onto their/or leased servers when most of this was controlled locally? 

My family has been noting more app/control lags during peak daytime use vs. night’s and weekends (on the west coast at least).  Anyone else see a pattern of slower control response depending on when they are using the app?  

It’s possible Sonos will eventually decide to lease more server power overtime... still, this was an avoidable disruption/negative impact to too many Sonos users. 

I’m seeing a general pattern of slowness 24/7 tbh. Don’t know if this is the expected app behaviour, b/c the app is still buggy AF or due to peak congestion.  

I’m just doing my level best to provide the evidence in support @sjw. It at least shows that if things are setup correctly, that the App works fine on an iPhone. So if anyone is experiencing something different it may encourage them to perhaps look a little closer to Home to solve their issue(s), particularly if it can be seen that the iPhone App is working okay here.

Ken you said you think the people with issues are exaggerating and trolling. People who’ve read that post know what you are about now. 

Ken you said you think the people with issues are exaggerating and trolling. People who’ve read that post know what you are about now. 

I think you perhaps need to re-read it again, in context @Bumper.

Nah the context is clear. 

The people that grumble about the state of the app are often derided as stirring the pot, but never the users that take it open themselves to dive into a thread specifically set aside for feedback, to be a contrarian against those submitting feedback they perceive to be anti-<Company>.

Nah the context is clear. 

It strikes me that you are simply trying to take this thread off topic @Bumper  - ‘New App Feedback’.

My posts above are just my own feedback on todays latest App update - you appear to perhaps have a different agenda.