Skip to main content

In the new 2024 Sonos App :

Where are the alarms settings? 

Where is the Last.fm service?

Where is the Android widget?

This is a real nightmare. I hope Sonos will fix all that asap because what they did releasing this not finished app is scandalous.

The first comment is likely correct, that app is absolute cr4p. I have multiple systems at different homes and have to constantly get the app to connect to a new system when I switch between them. The app is a total disaster and there’s zero sign of Sonos giving two sh1ts that it is, so long as they can flog some headphones that basically replicate what others have already done. When I get around to it I’ll bin the kit and go somewhere else.

The headphones are pretty basic zero reason for them to exist except Sonos has seen big decline in unit sales and the wifi speaker market is shrinking say some analysts. So they need them to help the bottom line. Big mistake imo but we’ll see if this pays off. If you buy the headphones careful which power adapter you use, you might brick them. 

I still have issues. Today Recently played wouldn't work at first. It wasn't until after I played music for quite a while that it came good and I could start playing from Recently played. If it happens tomorrow I will screenshot it.

Adding to queue still doesn't work for me. These are very annoying things for me. Searching my library is also something I want back eventually but I am not in a hurry for it.

Not happy Jan!

The roadmap page has been updated. Looks like they might be learning some lessons regarding testing. And indeed, communication. 

-----

Coming soon

Local library search and playback delayed to July in order to address feedback from beta testing.

Local music library search and playback: July

Improved playback settings including Play Now: July

Create and edit local music library: July

Improved Autoplay settings: July

Improved Sub audio settings with Amp: July

Snooze ala rms: TBD

The roadmap page has been updated. Looks like they might be learning some lessons regarding testing. 

-----

Coming soon

Local library search and playback delayed to July in order to address feedback from beta testing.

It’s inevitable with so much on the development roadmap that some things may perhaps not always get through their testing stage - I’m surprised the library search wasn’t pushed back even further till August, for example, as otherwise the fix (whatever that may be) and any further re-testing is only likely to hold up the other development/testing anyway (I guess), unless the plan is to kick some other things further down the road later, perhaps?

Anyhow I’m personally more than happy to wait patiently. I’d rather it be right - the things now missing in any event are not now causing me an issue, but I guess some may still complain about the delay.

Anyhow I’m personally more than happy to wait patiently. I’d rather it be right - the things now missing in any event are not now causing me an issue, but I guess some may still complain about the delay.

Glad you're happy to wait. I find it appalling having to wait on restoring functionality that shouldn't have been removed in the first place and that I was used to on a daily basis. It's gone for several weeks now and its restoration has been postponed for some more weeks. It's a disgrace, for lack of other words.

I agree with Ken Griffiths.   We don’t even know if  waiting will yield positive results.   Right now I can get no radio stations which I would like to listen to on my Port and which I was able to access seamlessly before the arrival of this dud App.  We don’t even know that, if the new App ever does work (doubtful),   it will be as easy to manage as previously.  Retailers should be informed if they sell Sonos.

The roadmap page has been updated. Looks like they might be learning some lessons regarding testing. 

-----

Coming soon

It’s inevitable with so much on the development roadmap that some things may perhaps not always get through their testing stage - I’m surprised the library search wasn’t pushed back even further till August, for example, as otherwise the fix (whatever that may be) and any further re-testing is only likely to hold up the other development/testing anyway (I guess), unless the plan is to kick some other things further down the road later, perhaps?

*Except Ver 16 works fine.

There are zero reasons why users can’t do any of the things listed above, outside of Sonos’ refusal to release ver 16 as an option.

They can take it down when 80 is good and ready.

-----

Coming soon

And to that point, they should have waited for the app to be fully functional, tested and signed off before releasing it. 

If they'd done that, this whole sorry episode would have been avoided. 

Glad you're happy to wait. I find it appalling having to wait on restoring functionality that shouldn't have been removed in the first place and that I was used to on a daily basis. It's gone for several weeks now and its restoration has been postponed for some more weeks. It's a disgrace, for lack of other words.

The functionality is LITERALLY still there. Sonos just won’t let you use it because they won’t release the functioning ver 16.1 on the app stores.

Its effectively, objectively, their ego that’s blocking you from using your gear. 

New version just made available 

Not sure it will appease anyone on here. 

New app features.

Bug fixes and improved performance.

————————

Improved accessibility for configuring alarms with Talkback

Added autoplay setting for analog devices using line-in

Added support for SonosNet channel selection

Improved control for Home Theater swap with Sonos Ace

Improved notification for player firmware  updates

New app features.

————————

That was a while ago - see any updates and release notes here:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/release-notes-for-sonos-software-updates

As mentioned, some may still complain about the delay. I must be psychic.

New app features.

————————

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/release-notes-for-sonos-software-updates

No, it's new today.

That release Web page has not been updated yet. 

New app features.

————————

No, it's new today.

That realase Web page has not been updated yet. 

Not sure if those are Android release notes for today’s release, but certainly the iOS release notes (80.04.04) state some differences (i.e. VoiceOver instead of Talkback):

New app features. Bug fixes and improved performance.

Improved accessibility for configuring alarms with VoiceOver

Added timezone settings

Added the option to forget a system in order to connect or create a new system

Added multi-product setup for professional installers

Improved support for older iPad models

Improved control for Home Theatre swap with Sonos Ace.

No firmware update today though.

New app features.

————————

New app features.

————————

New version and STILL no ability to search or navigate Local Library – why on earth not?  This really isn’t difficult code to write – why should there be some kind of hostility toward allowing us to use functions that we actually bought in to Sonos to use in the first place?  Where’s the acknowledgement for the grief this has caused?  It’s like living in a bad dream . . .

New app features.

————————

New app features.

————————

New version and STILL no ability to search or navigate Local Library – why on earth not?  This really isn’t difficult code to write – why should there be some kind of hostility toward allowing us to use functions that we actually bought in to Sonos to use in the first place?  Where’s the acknowledgement for the grief this has caused?  It’s like living in a bad dream . . .

It’s to keep people interested.

“Tune in next week for another exciting instalment of “App Nightmares: Pt 17 - ‘Who Decided Those Fixes Should Be Prioritised?’” !!

The page here mentions the library search was put back and delayed to address some feedback from beta testing - so it’s a case of us waiting a little longer, but it’s still due this month (all being well, I guess).

The page here mentions the library search was put back and delayed to address some feedback from beta testing - so it’s a case of us waiting a little longer, but it’s still due this month (all being well, I guess).

^^Oh the total and absolute loyalty runs deep in this one… ;-)

I’m just glad they are listening to Beta testers again.  

They field tested the new search for over a year on the streaming apps.  but hadn’t included local library search at all. In hindsight it was probably a mistake as they scramble to add it without the benefit of months long testing it’s inevitable there will be issues. 

For today's update, can anyone who has implemented comment? What is the new software number on iOS and what differences are you seeing (beyond what's above)?

For today's update, can anyone who has implemented comment? What is the new software number on iOS and what differences are you seeing (beyond what's above)?

80.04.04. No difference noticed. 

New build number on iOS is 80.04.04. 

Thanks. Odd behavior noted, update available in app store but checking in-app still says up to date. Whose fault is this, Apple or Sonos?

Release notes for Android are a little diferent:

New app features.
————————
Improved notification for player firmware updates

Where was it mentioned they were listening to beta testers now?

EDIT: found it.

If only they’d listened to them a bit more over the last few months it’s possible we wouldn’t be in this mess now.

From the above link, this is hilarious:

“For its initial rollout, we focused on how we could answer some of the most common requests from our customers, including increased reliability, performance, and faster access to music.”

Imagine if they’d been focussing on other things 🙈

I’d say they’ve currently delivered on none of those and we’re being drip fed ‘Improvements’ and ‘Requested features’, all of which were in the previous version.

….Whose fault is this, Apple or Sonos?

If there's a choice there's only one answer…😉