Skip to main content

In the new 2024 Sonos App :

Where are the alarms settings? 

Where is the Last.fm service?

Where is the Android widget?

This is a real nightmare. I hope Sonos will fix all that asap because what they did releasing this not finished app is scandalous.

I think sonos are going to be in big troubles with the antics of this app debarcle…..to many bugs and to long to fix. Next step is for all us consumers to take legal action to reimburse all our hard earned cash on sonos products being made redundant by there app that works it all

New app in eu update 25/06/2024

Broken the whole app now on iPhone

Not so much. Works fine on my iPhone 14+.

Did you also update your speakers with the system update?

No update to speakers 

But the app used to work with any iPhone iPad android phone or such now it's all over the place 

No update to speakers 

But the app used to work with any iPhone iPad android phone or such now it's all over the place 

Are you able to see what version the speakers are running.

You should be able to find this on the about my system.

Latest is Version: 16.2 (build 79154060)

I had to wait for over an hour to hear a human voice to help with the dud new Sonos App.   A very frustrated but patient from Sonus tried unsuccessfully to help.   That failure took over an hour.  

I think we must start a class action in the courts to get Sonos to refund the cost of all our Sonos equipment because it appears that their components  are now not fit for purpose.  If enough of us want to start litigation against Sonos, we shall each not need to contribute very much.   Perhaps that is the only language Sonos will understand

I had to wait for over an hour to hear a human voice to help with the dud new Sonos App.   A very frustrated but patient from Sonus tried unsuccessfully to help.   That failure took over an hour.  

I think we must start a class action in the courts to get Sonos to refund the cost of all our Sonos equipment because it appears that their components  are now not fit for purpose.  If enough of us want to start litigation against Sonos, we shall each not need to contribute very much.   Perhaps that is the only language Sonos will understand

Good luck! Though after you agreed to this, I don’t see it happening:

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/legal/terms-of-use

Class arbitration and collective relief waiver.

YOU AND SONOS ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, EXCEPT AS SET OUT OTHERWISE IN THIS SECTION 13(c) AND SECTION 13(g) BELOW, ANY ARBITRATION SHALL BE CONDUCTED IN AN INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY ONLY AND NOT AS A CLASS OR OTHER CONSOLIDATED ACTION AND THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD RELIEF ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO RESOLVE AN INDIVIDUAL PARTY’S CLAIM, UNLESS SONOS PROVIDES ITS CONSENT TO CONSOLIDATE IN WRITING.

Is that legal? 

Is that legal? 

Hmm, I wonder if they ran it past their legal team..?

Sigh…

Anyone else agree that the new app is awful. All the good functionality is gone and its extremely cumbersome and slow to use! I am completely turned off of SONOS now. Used to love them.  I cant even control volume on my phone without going straight to the app. Please fix or im gone. 

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Enough already Sonos! It’s taking longer than ever to download, you still have not fixed the Top Tracks, and I haven’t read anywhere that you are providing any feedback….come on, enough!

Enough already Sonos! It’s taking longer than ever to download, you still have not fixed the Top Tracks, and I haven’t read anywhere that you are providing any feedback….come on, enough!

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/the-new-sonos-app-and-future-feature-updates

I just need to vent. 

This new app is so disappointing. Way too complicated and buggy. I can’t figure out how to do the simple things that I used to love about Sonos such as listening to different audio in multiple zones. Simply adjusting the audio in different zones has become complex. It just doesn’t work for me.  I’ll gladly take the old app back if you can help me do that. 

Sadly, it’s not going to happen.  They kept the S2 designation even though this is a “complete rewrite” of the app?  Because, they KNEW it was not ready for prime-time, deficient, lacking basic functions, on and on.   They knew it would cause tremendous negative feedback/reviews on all of the apps store ratings if it had been introduced as S3… that would crash the ratings to 1 star, thus impacting the potential for new buyers and the brand.  It takes a long time for the Apple App store, Amazon, and others for enough negative reviews to ding the overall rating and Sonos’ cynical and arrogant management team knows this! 

And please NO B.S. that Sonos couldn’t support multiple apps/interfaces for the time it would take to get S3 ready.  That’s nonsense.  These are Bluetooth headphones, they don’t need a complete software rewrite, but monetizing our use through their servers, now maybe that’s where the motivation is! 

Plus P.Spence’s ego is still smarting from the last debacle when he had to actually apologize and reintroduce S1.  NOPE, not going to happen again especially when he promised the investors that his shinny new Bluetooth headphones would staunch the lagging revenue stream. 

If we could collectively bill back Sonos for the hours and hours of trying to get their audio system to even work as promised, they’d already be in bankruptcy.  Sadly, they have more expensive legal teams than any individual consumer could match, so they just keep abusing us and too many of us just keep on coming back for more. 

Great speakers, terrible leadership!

The new app is simply dreadful. I had at least twenty saved playlists which vanished upon updating the app. There isno way to search for albums/artists/songs as in the past. The volume controllers don’t work properly; I have five Sonos speakers and it’s spotty at best when I try to adjust volume.

There seems no way to get the old app back, which was wonderful. Why on earth did Sonos make such a horrible change? Did they not Beta test it? Or just push it through without testing?

If I had another option, I would go for it, but with five Sonos speakers I am kinda stuck.

Boo, Sonos. Do better.

The new app is simply dreadful. I had at least twenty saved playlists which vanished upon updating the app. There isno way to search for albums/artists/songs as in the past. The volume controllers don’t work properly; I have five Sonos speakers and it’s spotty at best when I try to adjust volume.

There seems no way to get the old app back, which was wonderful. Why on earth did Sonos make such a horrible change? Did they not Beta test it? Or just push it through without testing?

If I had another option, I would go for it, but with five Sonos speakers I am kinda stuck.

Boo, Sonos. Do better.

Your playlists haven’t vanished (unless you reset your entire system).  They are still there (you can see them in the PC/Mac app).  Eventually, Sonos should fix the mobile app so you can see them in there also.  Not what you want to hear, but all the work putting together the playlists is not down the drain. 

Sonos what are you playing at? 

Your updated App is totally useless! I can’t believe that a large company like Sonos could roll out such an extremely poor app, especially when the previous version worked so well.

The app is full of bugs and defaults to one of my Sonos Ports which is in my conservatory, this is useless because I have two Sonos 1s and a subwoofer in my Kitchen. This is annoying because I use the Kitchen system much more frequently.

Further and quite often now the speakers cut out. Sometimes the ‘left’ one plays and other times the ‘right’ speaker plays. Today neither speaker was playing, just the subwoofer!

The navigation of the new version of the app is awkward and counterintuitive.

Sonos please get your act together, customers should not have to have such a poor experience and service after spending so much money. Especially as the previous app worked so well!

Boo, Sonos. Do better.

Your playlists haven’t vanished (unless you reset your entire system).  They are still there (you can see them in the PC/Mac app).  Eventually, Sonos should fix the mobile app so you can see them in there also.  Not what you want to hear, but all the work putting together the playlists is not down the drain. 

I use the app primarily on my iphone, my husband on his android phone. Neither of us reset the system, and I can’t find it on my MacBookPro…????

I use the app primarily on my iphone, my husband on his android phone. Neither of us reset the system, and I can’t find it on my MacBookPro…????

Are you talking about playlists for your local library (called “Imported playlists), or playlists created in Sonos?

Are you talking about playlists for your local library (called “Imported playlists), or playlists created in Sonos?

Yes! I created many playlists, some from Amazon music, some directly from Sonos when the option to do so was available. Thank you!

2 words SLOW & UNRESPONSIVE. Hell using it. Slow in browsing Apple Music, no response when adjusting volume. Horror. 

You need to download the Sonos desktop app for Mac from the Sonos website. 

https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/downloads

Further and quite often now the speakers cut out. Sometimes the ‘left’ one plays and other times the ‘right’ speaker plays. Today neither speaker was playing, just the subwoofer!

I have certainly experienced this in a zone where I have two Play:3 and an Sub Gen1. However, I experienced this long before new app came out.

You need to download the Sonos desktop app for Mac from the Sonos website. 

https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/downloads

OMG! That actually works! If only I could get it to work on my iPhone and iPads now, thank you so so much!

I have certainly experienced this in a zone where I have two Play:3 and an Sub Gen1. However, I experienced this long before new app came out.

I should add that in my case it worked with unplugging and re-plugging all players in the zone. Not on a permanent basis, but the issue would come back in a week or two.

Don’t know why Sonos can’t keep around the old app until they get the new one working.