Answered

Intermittent Alexa Voice Assistant.. Sonos Voice Control all OK!

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

151 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

@Ken_Griffiths I also see same, intermittent light goes out on wake up on ERA-100. You may additionally now experience the occasional  “sorry, something went wrong”.

Sonos support have 3 or 4 diagnostics from me after as per:

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Same issue for me as well, I have two Era 100’s in stereo mode and it always seems always to be the third attempt of using the Alexa wake word that it finally responds. The first two times the light comes on and immediately off again, as others have mentioned.

I’ve had my speakers a while now and they were fine before so it must be a dodgy software or firmware.

i hope they fix it soon ?

Userlevel 2

Glad to hear this was not a ‘me’ issue, but sorry to hear others are experiencing this also. I tried everything my end I could and got nowhere with Sonos support. As mine was a brand new out of the box Era 100 and this was my 1st experience with Sonos I have returned my unit to the retailer and they are processing a refund. Bit gutted really as the hardware and speaker quality are superb but this issue was a showstopper for me. (Especially for a brand new product) Unlucky timing perhaps! :/ Hopefully this is acknowledged and fixed soon.

(BTW I’m in the UK)

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Just to add I have a Sonos Roam as well, no such issues.

@Ken_Griffiths I also see same, intermittent light goes out on wake up on ERA-100. You may additionally now experience the occasional  “sorry, something went wrong”.

Sonos support have 3 or 4 diagnostics from me after as per:

I will keep an eye out for it @craigski - not seen it so far, (early days), but I am seeing what @corky123 has mentioned, in that Alexa/Era 100 now only responds after about every three tries, or so.

Since reinstalling Alexa, the responses are somewhat intermittent, but otherwise has worked with the few instructions tested so far.

Anyhow, I will certainly report back here if I get the “sorry, something went wrong” feedback too. 

@Ken_Griffiths

Btw… does EN support still use diags from the community? Sadly german support stopped this about 2 years ago and diags only can be used for chat or phone support. :-(

I don’t expect the Sonos Staff to reply back to me @Schlumpf, but I still post the diagnostic reports after I encounter an issue, as it at least lets them perhaps see the causes. It may help the developers too.. and at least I can come back here and get the report references if they are ever required.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@drbabbers 

Indeed bad timing… I just can tell you that before this occurred Alexa worked absolutely fine with the Era100. As I were you I would have waited some time to get this fixed by Amazon/Sonos. 
Maybe you will give it a second chance soon. 😉

Userlevel 2

Can say the same! The combo with Alexa really did work and the sound is just such a huge upgrade compared to the Echo themselves (or the nightmare of connectivity issue we call Bluetooth)

Hello, I also have same problem with my new Sonos One .. With my Sonos roam I don‘t have such problems.

Are there any news?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello, I also have same problem with my new Sonos One .. With my Sonos roam I don‘t have such problems.

Are there any news?

@aklos

Hi… not sure if you are running into the same problem as the other users here reporting about Era100. For me I can say it only happens on the Era100. All other devices inkluding Sonos One work fine with Alexa. 
So maybe there’s a different kind of problem with your Sonos One. Did you try all the standard troubleshooting steps like reconnecting Alexa to the One, reactivating the Sonos skill and first of all deleting the device from your Amazon account?

And I don’t think there will be really news about it the next few days, because the issue is really known and reported by some users since yesterday. Imho it will take some time to figure out the reason and to release a fix. 

Are there any news?

@aklos

Hi… not sure if you are running into the same problem as the other users here reporting about Era100. For me I can say it only happens on the Era100. All other devices inkluding Sonos One work fine with Alexa. 
So maybe there’s a different kind of problem with your Sonos One. Did you try all the standard troubleshooting steps like reconnecting Alexa to the One, reactivating the Sonos skill and first of all deleting the device from your Amazon account?

Will give it a try and let you know what happend. thank you

Userlevel 1

Hey everyone, I did not want to bump the issue simply with “I have this problem too” but I really do have this problem, and it has frustrated me for weeks so I am glad to have come across this.

I am not sure when this issue started occuring to me but it definitely started occuring after a certain interval, because I did not have this issue before, and it is happening to me recently. It is insanely frustrating to say Alexa 4 times to get something in, and it is not about talking fast or slow, Alexa even asks a question to me and immediately stops listening.

Hopefully we can make enough noise so this is looked into. Please all push for the support and show this thread if you have to, because otherwise I will be returning the speakers (what a shame)

Here is the video of this happening. You can see it just stops listening after being woken up and sometimes decides to listen:

Userlevel 3
Badge

Glad to know we are not alone with this issue

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Glad to know we are not alone with this issue

Yes… 👍🏻

And @all: 

Don’t forget to contact Sonos support and give them a diagnosis you sent after this happened. 

Userlevel 1

Hey everyone, I did not want to bump the issue simply with “I have this problem too” but I really do have this problem, and it has frustrated me for weeks so I am glad to have come across this.

I am not sure when this issue started occuring to me but it definitely started occuring after a certain interval, because I did not have this issue before, and it is happening to me recently. It is insanely frustrating to say Alexa 4 times to get something in, and it is not about talking fast or slow, Alexa even asks a question to me and immediately stops listening.

Hopefully we can make enough noise so this is looked into. Please all push for the support and show this thread if you have to, because otherwise I will be returning the speakers (what a shame)

Here is the video of this happening. You can see it just stops listening after being woken up and sometimes decides to listen:

Here is my diagnostic code, I am sorry for posting again:

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Here is my diagnostic code, I am sorry for posting again:

No problem… this just pushes the thread. 😉

But please contact support team via chat or phone and tell them the diagnosis number. 
https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/contact
Or (as I can see in your user profile you live in the Netherlands) if you prefer contact dutch support. 😎

https://support.sonos.com/nl-nl/contact

There’s also a dutch community…

https://nl.community.sonos.com

Might be worth a read of Diagnostics - How do they work? thread.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Here is something to try and report back:

Go to Alexa App on your phone, click devices on bottom, select the Sonos device and check the setting for ‘Adaptive Listening’ if it’s set to ‘off’, set to ‘on’, this could help with this issue.

https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=23623518011

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Might be worth a read of Diagnostics - How do they work? thread.

Thx @Airgetlam 👍🏻

EN community is not my daily playground. 😉

I didn’t know about this thread until yet. 
Will keep it in mind. 😎

I suspect keeping all the various places that Sonos has with the same info is challenging. The ones I know about are German, French, English, Nordic (I assume multiple languages, that is a generic name), and Reddit. I imagine there may be more?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Airgetlam

Yes, of course they are present at many several places. This has its good but also bad points. For us on DE it’s quite familiar but also big enough to help each other and to share and discuss important issues. 
Sometimes I visit you guys over here to get more information or just to meet different people. 😎 But I have to say… it’s a different kind of speed and various content. 
A member of german Sonos support staff called it a „shark pool“. 😅

But don’t worry… I still like to visit and learn. 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Here is something to try and report back:

Go to Alexa App on your phone, click devices on bottom, select the Sonos device and check the setting for ‘Adaptive Listening’ if it’s set to ‘off’, set to ‘on’, this could help with this issue.

https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=23623518011

Thanks for your advice and suggestion… but sadly this doesn’t seem to help. I activated the option for my Era100 but the issue still persists. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Thanks for your advice and suggestion… but sadly this doesn’t seem to help. I activated the option for my Era100 but the issue still persists. 

Yep, same for me. I made the setting change yesterday, and thought I would try it out. It made little difference on my ERA-100, was still worth a try though..

Just noting exactly the same issues. Terrible voice recognition on the ERA 100 product, which is so dissapointing as it’s an otherwise excellent product and we were encouraged to buy this based on our excellent experience with other Sonos products that work fine with voice control (e.g. Sonos move). 

Considering simply returning the product and trading up or down. 

UK

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Famill 

I really can not share your experiences… for me besides this bug discussed here the voice control of Era100 worked well.