Answered

Arc TV sound cuts in and out.

Show first post

750 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi folks. Here's an update for all users using Samsung 2020 QLED (LS03T) Range in the US.
Samsung released a firmware update version 1402.1 that may assist in mitigating the issue.
Currently, the update appears to only be available for US models and via a manual USB update.
Reach out to Samsung for further assistance and hope this helps.
We and the community are always here to help.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Krishma M , I have this TV QN85Q70TAFXZA, is this the (LS03T) Range?

Will it be available via wireless, does not make much sense it is only available via a manual USB update.

What is the fix in the firmware update?

Badge

Hi

I see all these threads about audio dropping but most seem to be short sound drops, in my case I have complete audio dropping and not coming back.

Anyone with the same issue, perhaps report it in here.

I have the LG CX and I lose sound all together when changing between sources, this can be simply exiting the Netflix app back to live TV or turning on my xbox and not having an audio outputting, all very random when it occurs.

Various things can bring back the audio, simple on/off off tv, or switching back and forth between sources.

So if anyone else has the same issue, I would love to hear, because I worry that I’m alone with this and it may be a hardware issue.

I’m getting a bit fed up with this issue, had the ARC nearly 3 months and just want to be sure its something that others experience, I don't mind waiting for a fix if that’s the case.

Why not just sell and go with different if you do hate the sound bar. At least you have one. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi

I see all these threads about audio dropping but most seem to be short sound drops, in my case I have complete audio dropping and not coming back.

Anyone with the same issue, perhaps report it in here.

I have the LG CX and I lose sound all together when changing between sources, this can be simply exiting the Netflix app back to live TV or turning on my xbox and not having an audio outputting, all very random when it occurs.

Various things can bring back the audio, simple on/off off tv, or switching back and forth between sources.

So if anyone else has the same issue, I would love to hear, because I worry that I’m alone with this and it may be a hardware issue.

I’m getting a bit fed up with this issue, had the ARC nearly 3 months and just want to be sure its something that others experience, I don't mind waiting for a fix if that’s the case.

Why not just sell and go with different if you do hate the sound bar. At least you have one. 

Where did I say I hate the soundbar?

What a strange comment to make. I simply said I am fed up with the issue I have and willing to wait and hope a fix comes and that if anyone else has the exact issue so that I know its not just me.

Thank you for the great response, lol.

Hello everyone, @Kyle A

I have had the sonos arc since release and literally today after 4 months I am encountering the issue for the first time where my sonos arc which is connected to my LG CX via the eARC hdmi port is intermittently cutting out for a few seconds and back on again. The message on the TV is 'HMDI 2 is now available again'. I am having this issue using the YouTube app and also Netflix, not tried other sources yet. 

Is the advice not to use earc and instead optical until this is resolved by a firmware update? Unplugging the hdmi cable and plugging back in doesn't resolve the issue. No other devices except a firestick are connected to the TV. 

Appreciate any help and advice

Same issues, tV is an insignia with HDMI arc. Spent hours on the phone with SoNo’s. they say it is my tv after lots of tests. Sound cuts out every 4 or 5 seconds when using it for the tv and using RAW. Instead I have to use PCM which does not allow for 5.1 or better. This thread shows this is a Sonos issue when designed. Not sure what to do next as I love the sound when playing music, and does not seem to be any more help from Sonos getting the tv sound fixed.

what else can we do?

I was on the phone to the sonos engineer and it seemed somehow my LG CX disabled the eARC capability in the sound input menu so once I enabled it and it seems to have worked. Have had no issue all day or night... Here's to keeping my fingers crossed

Although has anyone else noticed how other hdmi cables dont work when connecting the arc to earc on your TV? My cables are probably 3-5yrs old but still expected them to work... 

Hi 

I am using Sony 950G and issue reproduced 

Tried below and now drop off issue reduced and rarely happening now.

1. Connect Sonos S2 app to  2.4 GHz channel 6.
  2. Change 2.4 GHz  WIFI router settings from Auto to channel 11.
  3. connect your TV Network also to 2.4 GHz. I faced lot off drop offs when connected to 5G. I suspect may be my 5G WIFI signals were not healthy in where my TV placed. After connect my TV to same network as ARC (2.4GHz) it is reduced lot.
  4. Disable TV Audio output- Audio system prioritization
  5. Use HDMI cable as much smaller and make sure NO bend. I am using Monoprice HDMI 2 cable 2 ft

After all these changes, audio drops reduced and so far 2 times happened in a week . Earlier it used to be every hour or 20, 30 minutes randomly.

Agin this is just a week test report ( approximately 3 Hr continues runtime per day) and will update if any changes

I’m a new Sonos Arc owner and this is my first Sonos product. I set it up last night and it worked great! I was really impressed with the sound and quality! As I was watching my cable TV today, it started to cut out a lot while watching TV. I tired other channels to make sure it wasn't the cable TV channel, but it continued to do the same issue. I found this page while trying to find out if others were having the same issue. I did the reboot as stated above and it fixed the issue. I just hope it doesn't continue, especially with the price of this product! Plus, I ordered the Sonos Sub Gen 3 today and I’m hesitant now after the issue I ran into today with the Arc.

Hi there 

restart may help a while 

Next time if you face the issue , no need to restart any. Just change any audio settings on the fly that will pickup audio again

Like change audio output to tv speakers and then change back to audio device 

Spent hours on the phone to Sonos Support, only to be spoken to with complete disrespect by their level 1 support. After asking to be put through to their manager several times and being put on hold in excess of 20min they refused. I had to call back to be escalated to a Level 2 engineer.

The previous post relating to it being related to 2.4Ghz wifi is just eyebrow raising and makes no sense, sadly the first level support are pushing it and it’s so far from the likely culprit.

What is evident is the issue reoccurs after long periods of inactivity, usually after being idle throughout the day while at work. Changing input and audio settings on the TV have no impact. The only way to resolve the issue at this stage is to powercycle the Arc, which is getting old fast.

I’ve tried a new 4K HDMI cable, which has had no impact.

I’ve tried switching it to PCM mode, which has had no impact.

I’ve check firmware is up-to-date, and no software updates are pending.

I waited for the issue to reoccur and sent in a new diagnostic: 139438149

I will say 2nd level engineer was much more courteous, but I feel as though they might be out of their depth on this matter, seems to be a fundamental issue with eArc on the device, which sadly is the ONLY way you will get Dolby Atmos, so switching to Optical is not a good solution.

Starting to regret my purchase at this point…

I hope a solution is found soon otherwise this will be the most expensive phone-paired music player ever...

I should also note, doesn’t seem to occur when playing music via the sonos app from a mobile device, this issue is only occuring via the TV when directly connected via eArc HDMI.

It doesn’t matter what audio source, streaming or live tv via direct antenna, the result is the same. 

Perhaps it has to do with the device coming out of low power mode

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Same issue here, brand new Samsung Frame and Sonos Arc.  Sound for a few seconds, no sound for a second, back to sound, repeat.  Have spent HOURS ruling out everything from cables to bad karma.  It is definitely an Arc problem.   My new routine is now to unplug the Arc and plug it in before use.  Not good, Sonos!!  

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi folks. Here's an update for all users using Samsung 2020 QLED (LS03T) Range in the US.
Samsung released a firmware update version 1402.1 that may assist in mitigating the issue.
Currently, the update appears to only be available for US models and via a manual USB update.
Reach out to Samsung for further assistance and hope this helps.
We and the community are always here to help.

Has anyone with a Samsung TV update the version 1402.1 and the problem stopped?

Userlevel 2
Badge

I just saw an update and updated my Samsung TV to version 1402.

Is this the same as 1402.1?

Badge

My TV doesn’t have the update it’s 2019 series. Samsung wants me to spend money on their 2020 models instead of fixing it on 2019. 

The full issue can be seen here:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AnVWGteEsnzfg8E2yr4X3eIgKIMPgQ?e=1Ag8ak

In the video I can confirm, the Sono Arc is plugged into the eArc port on the Samsung Q95T HDMI-3 eArc port, no other devices are plugged into the unit.

The Sonos sound is cutting in and out, which is the typical daily routine now. After powercycling the Sonos, and turning the volume back up you can see the problem stops for a period of time.

I went into the menu to also show that HDMI-eARC Mode is OFF, and if i turn it to Auto the audio stops until I turn it off again, this doesn’t seem right.

I found this on the Samsung forums, as I have a 2020 Samsung 75” Q95T with the Sonos Arc attached : https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/arc-doesn-t-work-with-samsung-tv-q95t-if-you-want-dolby-atmos-avoid-samsung-flagship-tv-s-6844694

I’d really like someone from Sonos to comment and confirm if this issue is acknowledged and is being investigated or if this is something specific to this combination of TV & Arc?

The Diagnostic run for the above post video is : 1735547524

Hi there 

restart may help a while 

Next time if you face the issue , no need to restart any. Just change any audio settings on the fly that will pickup audio again

Like change audio output to tv speakers and then change back to audio device 

This just happened to me again and I tried changing the audio settings, which didn't fix it. I had to do the reboot again to get it to work properly. If this continues to be the every other day norm, I’m going to ask for a full refund from Sonos due to this product not working properly. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have upgraded to the latest 1402.1 firmware  on my Samsung Q80T TV and the problem has gotten worse, not better.  It happens daily now - and doesn’t seem to be any solution.  Very frustrating..  I will try and open a case, but it looks to be a week+ waiting time.. diagnostics submitted as 1549313765

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have upgraded to the latest 1402.1 firmware and the problem has gotten worse, not better.  It happens daily now - and doesn’t seem to be any solution.  Very frustrating..  I will try and open a case, but it looks to be a week+ waiting time.. diagnostics submitted as 1549313765

We are receiving abnormally high contact volumes, please expect increased hold times and delays of up to one week on email responses. If your question is not urgent, we recommend posting it on the Sonos community.

So hear I am..

Userlevel 2
Badge

@David_367, I upgraded to 1402 but have not had a chance to test out yet.  I assume 1402 and 1402.1 is the same, on my TV it says 1402 (not 1402.1).  Very disappointing that your problem has gotten worse.

@Krishma M  - wasn’t the updated firmware for Samsung supposed to fix this?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@David_367, I upgraded to 1402 but have not had a chance to test out yet.  I assume 1402 and 1402.1 is the same, on my TV it says 1402 (not 1402.1).  Very disappointing that your problem has gotten worse.

@Krishma M  - wasn’t the updated firmware for Samsung supposed to fix this?

@dk3 I’m not sure if its the same or not, but you can confirm the subversion under Support - About TV.  Main software update will just say 1402.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Still getting sound cutting out for a few seconds repeatedly on my arc, even after frame tv upgraded to 1402. Sonos needs to stop pointing fingers at TVs and fix their expensive broken gear.  

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you - I just did that and I see 1402.1

So I guess now I wait and see