Just got the Arc and have it paired with 2 Play:1’s and a gen 3 sub.
Samsung Q80R tv.
The sound from the tv will play for around 5 seconds and then cut out for around 1 second, play for 5, out for 1, on and on.
I’ve swapped out the hdmi cable twice, tried unplugging the tv, switched between PCM and DD+ and switched between different apps on the tv.
The sonos app shows that I am getting an atmos signal
Was running a beam with the Play:1’s (but no sub) before just fine.
Not sure what I should try next.
Best answer by Krishma M
Hi folks, thanks for reaching out and appreciate all the details and sharing the feedbacks. Let me now help you with this.
For Samsung TV users, check the steps below.
- First, check if the issue occurs when using a different HDMI cable.
- If the issue persists, we then want to eliminate any other bad HDMI devices that could be causing the issue.
- If you have multiple HDMI connected devices and inbuilt apps, does the issue occur without all the HDMI devices connected, if not, add one HDMI device back to the TV at a time until the combination is found that causes the issue?
- Else if the issue persists without any other HDMI sources connected or just the one primary HDMI source, check the workaround/s below and let me know the Samsung TV model.
- Reboot the Sonos ARC.
- Hard reboot the TV ( disconnect the TV from the power for a minute or two) then reconnect power.
We have reported the issue to Samsung and that we are working with them to address the issue.
For Sony TV users:
Arc is experiencing TV playback interruptions when playing DD+ format content from Sony XBR950G TV apps.
Adjusting TV audio settings to DD or PCM audio format will be our workaround if you have the same problem.
For LG TV users:
When using an LG C9 with the output set to eARC, and playing DD+ Atmos content from the inbuilt apps, the audio will be frequently interrupted. For now, disable eARC on the LG C9 OLED TV for Inbuilt DD+Atmos Content.
We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate the patience and understanding. Our engineering team is currently working on a fix. We don’t have the exact timing to share at this point and will update this thread when we do.
If you all have a different problem, create a new thread, or find a similar thread that would be helpful to your concern.
Just let us know. We and the community are always here to help.