Answered

Arc TV sound cuts in and out.

Show first post

752 replies

Please I need some ideas.  I have a Samsung 98 inch Neo QLED QN90A (QN98QN90AAFXZA) and a sonos ARC with two ERA 300 for surround and 2 Gen3 subs.  The Arc is connected to the tvs EARC port.  I get sound find and I am able to pass through Atmos, and dolby digital plus and others. I tried to stream from my nvidia shield 2019 and via plex I get sound cutting out. I have tried it via netflix same thing.  I also get the audio cutting out on Youtube and plex on the native TV apps.  Here are the steps I have tried to fix this:

1-Replaced all HDMI cables

2-Tried different input ports for shield

3-Replaced my ARC with a brand new one (up to date with latest firmware as of 4-27-2024)

4-Replaced my shield with a 2nd one around the house(up to date with latest firmware as of 4-27-2024)

5-Tried testing it directly from tv app vs shield same issue

6-Tried messing with the settings on the tv like earc auto and off, pass-though on and auto

7-Adjusted the delay to sync the earc (this seems to help but not fix the issue)

8-I tested the adapter of toslink with the hdmi and I think this works but is not viable solution as I cant get Atmos or control the sound very easily

The only thing I can think of is that maybe the port is bad on the TV.  Please someone out there has to have a solution.  At this point I am willing to buy anything to fix. I have already spent a ton of time and money and I cant get to the bottom of the issue.

Is there a fix for this yet? I have a Samsung TV and an arc, sub and 2 x SL ones.

Sound on arc cuts out for about 2 seconds every 15 minutes or so.