Skip to main content

The new Sonas app is awful. It typically will not connect to music even when the music is playing, hence I cannot switch the music of,

but worst problem is trying to control the volumes of the various sonas speakers. Even when I adjust the volume in the app it mysteriously changes itself back to the other setting.

trying to adjust volumes is almost impossible and VERY VERY frustrating.

fthis app should not have been released in such a dismal and poor state. It really damages Sonas reputation and brand.

when will these problems be fixed..?

... so it will unfortunately be a network related issue. Not that there is anything wrong with your network

Very well phrased, @Rhonny, this is a really important point. Those of us trying to help fellow forum users need to keep this in mind. Subtle differences in home networks can result in “it works here, but not over there” … and the differences may be something that a user cannot ‘fix’.

Sorry I disagree with some of the comments as the App is simply rubbish compared to the last version 

If it was the same for everyone, I’d say yes. But many people have it working fine, and we know this sort of loading issue is linked to device discovery so it will unfortunately be a network related issue. Not that there is anything wrong with your network, but the Sonos speakers and app are not finding what they need on your network to move beyond that point in app loading. 

i think from all the comments most people are having the same issue.it says it can't find the system,then obviously can as the speakers appear on the 4th attempt. i try using the volume on each set and as always i turn one set up the others go down  i try the main volume and both go down . I try EQ balance etc and nothing.one minute the play 3's are at the top,then the play 1's...I could always fine tune the balance on a room with 4 speakers,almost 3D stereo,now I just get a reasonable volume and just turn it up and down with spotify on my phone.

i think we are beyond making escuses about networks and discovery issues...just sort the app before everyone switches and you rep goes down the shitter...I have many friends here in spain with the same issues,they have bars and restaurants and Sonos is starting to affect their business. Deaf customers cos of the huge increase in volume or barely audible ambiance...I know you're on the front line Rhonny,but the excuse book must be getting pretty thumbed and weary by now.

If it was the same for everyone, I’d say yes. But many people have it working fine, and we know this sort of loading issue is linked to device discovery so it will unfortunately be a network related issue. Not that there is anything wrong with your network, but the Sonos speakers and app are not finding what they need on your network to move beyond that point in app loading. 

i think from all the comments most people are having the same issue.it says it can't find the system,then obviously can as the speakers appear on the 4th attempt. i try using the volume on each set and as always i turn one set up the others go down  i try the main volume and both go down . I try EQ balance etc and nothing.one minute the play 3's are at the top,then the play 1's...I could always fine tune the balance on a room with 4 speakers,almost 3D stereo,now I just get a reasonable volume and just turn it up and down with spotify on my phone.

i think we are beyond making escuses about networks and discovery issues...just sort the app before everyone switches and you rep goes down the shitter...I have many friends here in spain with the same issues,they have bars and restaurants and Sonos is starting to affect their business. Deaf customers cos of the huge increase in volume or barely audible ambiance...I know you're on the front line Rhonny,but the excuse book must be getting pretty thumbed and weary by now.

Just to say, I’m no more on the front line with Sonos than you are. I’m no Sonos apologist either. But there was a great extensive article written by one of the forum members which went into great detail as to what has caused the issues. One of which was a fundamental change Sonos made that impacted device discovery at a local network level. I was just mentioning it for context that’s all. 

... so it will unfortunately be a network related issue. Not that there is anything wrong with your network

Very well phrased, @Rhonny, this is a really important point. Those of us trying to help fellow forum users need to keep this in mind. Subtle differences in home networks can result in “it works here, but not over there” … and the differences may be something that a user cannot ‘fix’.

So why does it say "can't find system" yet my two pairs of speakers are there underneath that message?? I've uninstalled the app 4 times,I've rebooted speakers, unplugged, reconnected (as we all know,Sonos speakers are temperamental beasts at the best of times when unplugged) and still f****d.

I think if we read the 11 pages of negative comments before we start blaming the client,we night get somewhere. 

the App was fine now its * ,that aint down to the customer.

sorry !

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

Sorry I disagree with some of the comments as the App is simply rubbish compared to the last version 

Yes, but don’t forget you haven’t joined the forum to learn anything, only to complain.

Very well phrased, @Rhonny, this is a really important point. Those of us trying to help fellow forum users need to keep this in mind. Subtle differences in home networks can result in “it works here, but not over there” … and the differences may be something that a user cannot ‘fix’.

So why does it say "can't find system" yet my two pairs of speakers are there underneath that message?? I've uninstalled the app 4 times,I've rebooted speakers, unplugged, reconnected (as we all know,Sonos speakers are temperamental beasts at the best of times when unplugged) and still f****d.

I think if we read the 11 pages of negative comments before we start blaming the client,we night get somewhere. 

the App was fine now its s***,that aint down to the customer.

sorry !

No, it’s not down to the customer. That is the whole point! Some people just happen to unfortunately have a network that the Sonos speakers and app can’t cope with currently. I’m not suggesting it’s the customers’ fault, I’m explaining what the problem is - it’s compatibility currently.

Yes, but don’t forget you haven’t joined the forum to learn anything, only to complain.

I had a perfectly good working system before the App update with the same network & don’t have any issues when playing from Spotify but the Sonos app is just beyond complaining now as they don’t seem to listen to their customers at all

So, haven't checked out this community for a couple weeks...and well...the same issues exist...nothing is seen to being done...what a dreadful company Sonos is.

We've all spent 000's of €, $, £,  and still we have to live with an app that they have ruined without a word of apology,  no eating of humble pie and reverting back to the old app..just disgraceful.

For months now I have offered feedback. The music channel is stuck in preference to TV on a channel. This is with ARC HDMI connected properly. I have to join all my speakers together MANUALLY each time in the living room to the TV on S2 on Macbook Pro to over-ride the new app on my phone! Last night something bizarre happened. Two deep beeps on my right channel surround followed by ladies laughing LIVE! This was VERY creepy as though ‘Alexa’ was taking over my settings! I’m losing the will to live on this! The app is c--p! PLEASE RECTIFY ASAP or I will be taking litigation in the USA / UK for misrepresentation of a product! This is barmy! I WOULD be prepared to pay for a ‘doctor’ to come in to my system and see the problems and then trying to solve them! This would restore my sanity.

With all issues of the new app and the response of the company I lost my trust in the product.  
will not go on with this stuff…

sad sad sad 

The advert above is my home town in Spain,below just a guy in the same feed !! it's obviously getting to people now ! sad sad sad is an understatement...but with you all the way mate !! I'm gutted,i loved this product !

We have had Sonos for years and have always been happy with it. That is until the latest ‘upgrade’!

The system is now slow, won’t play, starts playing but claims it’s not connected so you can’t turn it off, the volume is erratic etc. etc. 

Why are Sonos not addressing the valid points raised on this thread and why are Sonos sending me ads for their new headphones? There is no way I would spend money on any more Sonos products when the system is essentially broken!!!!

Seriously thinking about binning the whole lot and going to a competitor as clearly Sonos are disinterested in sorting out a basic problem.

Come on Sonos, listen to your customers or you won’t have any!

I have come here to add to this thread.

What SONOS have done here is disgraceful.  A fully working system turned into trash with one update.  I cannot access any devices since this update, and nothing works.  A JOKE.

I have come here to add to this thread.

What SONOS have done here is disgraceful.  A fully working system turned into trash with one update.  I cannot access any devices since this update, and nothing works.  A JOKE.

totally agree,the biggest joke being a lack of response from Sonos themselves..this has been going on for so long now...yesterday it partially worked ..then i had a phone call and couldn't turn off the music ...no volume control whatsoever...I had to go into the street to take the call because i couldn't just pause the music or stop it...nightmare!

Every time I open the app , yes I can force stop it to fix but shouldn't need to !!!

Hi - how do you ‘force stop it’. I get the same message which currently means Sonos no longer works !  Thanks

I said on here, weeks ago, that we should, as customers do something en masse to bri g this to the attention of the wider consumer population.  A couple of Smart Alecs (do they work for Sonos ?) almost questioned my sanity...but this i a serious demise of a once great product.  There must be more to this than meets the eye. Are Sonos in financial difficulty? Is there a takeover on the cards ?

I have tried bringing this to the attention of the UK's "Which?" consumer magazine/champion..not sure if they've picked up on it.  But this is serious malpractice by Sonos..their acts rendering hundres of thousands of products not fit for purpose. 

If you have contacts for local consumer bodies please advise them of what is happening (or mot happening to be more accurate) with Sonos.  Its a disgrace. 

I have ditched the Sonos app & deleted it from my iPhone & ipad

speakers working fine using Apple music or Spotify but I would have preferred using the old app as all worked fine until the crap update.

Clearly Sonos don’t care about our comments so if this crap app is not fixed or rolled back Sonos will get no more sales from me & I have the full house with Sonos.

would have considered upgrading to newer Sonos products but no way with the faulty crap app 

Sonos, when will you fix the new app? It’s absolutely terrible. Massive delays when changing songs, volume & speakers. Additional music services don’t work. 

is it possible to use the old app? 

Absolutely terrible app..... 2 months since the update and I still can't access the app. It comes up with an error 1000. Which doesn't exist in its fault codes.. how can a company as large as your, upset so many of its customers???? 

Have following products

Sonos 1 x2 paired

playbar

Sonos 3

used to all work - sometimes - not always.

very unstable product.

now can’t find any products.

i don’t think it is worth the money.

Absolutely terrible app..... 2 months since the update and I still can't access the app. It comes up with an error 1000. Which doesn't exist in its fault codes.. how can a company as large as your, upset so many of its customers???? 

Error 1000 codes can usually be overcome by installing the desktop app for Windows or Mac from the Sonos website and then Check for Updates.

https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/downloads

I found a solution to the missing PLAY button in the Sonos App. I subscribe to Idagio for streaming classical music. The current Sonos App is missing a PLAY button. I can play one track of an album at a time but there is no way to play an entire album.

The temporary solution is to use the Idagio App to start playing an album on your phone. Once the album starts, click on the progress bar at the bottom of the screen. A speaker icon appears. Clicking this then casts the streaming to your Sonos speakers. You can then just use the Idagio App to select new music, create play lists, etc. Volume control still requires opening the Sonos App.

What is going on with this new app? Every time you close the app, while watching the TV it resets the speakers. The sliders don’t work as intended. And I have to constantly reset my speakers which is quite annoying. Whoever designed this app needs to be fired and put the old app back in place. There was nothing wrong with it. It worked flawlessly.

What is going on with this new app? Every time you close the app, while watching the TV it resets the speakers. The sliders don’t work as intended. And I have to constantly reset my speakers which is quite annoying. Whoever designed this app needs to be fired and put the old app back in place. There was nothing wrong with it. It worked flawlessly.

welcome to page 12 of complaints!!