Skip to main content
Question

problems with new Sonos app

The new Sonas app is awful. It typically will not connect to music even when the music is playing, hence I cannot switch the music of,

but worst problem is trying to control the volumes of the various sonas speakers. Even when I adjust the volume in the app it mysteriously changes itself back to the other setting.

trying to adjust volumes is almost impossible and VERY VERY frustrating.

fthis app should not have been released in such a dismal and poor state. It really damages Sonas reputation and brand.

when will these problems be fixed..?

Has anyone had a reply from Sonos?

It’s the worst it’s ever been and so close to moving away to a new platform, as I can never control my music or access the app!!

New app shows playlists and track playing but no sound from speaker. Rebooted everything. No improvement- total disaster! Extremely dissatisfied with Sonos. Old app was clunky but worked!

where’s the support Sonos?

I had this with a playlist, so instead I chose another random song from elsewhere (even another streaming service), then another, and then went back to the playlist and it played fine that time. It was a temporary glitch. 

So play something other than that playlist, and then return to the playlist.

Thanks Ronnie, yes I did that and it played a song picked at random from Napster.

Then still wouldn’t play playlist or any other random songs from Napster.

Restarted everything and still no joy. 25 min wait to talk to uk tech support. 5 mins online chat ending with ‘call tech support’.

Have abandoned Sonos and playing Napster via iPad and Bluetooth speaker.

internet full of people complaining their system won’t work with the new app. Sonos have got this badly wrong 

Thanks Ronnie, yes I did that and it played a song picked at random from Napster.

Then still wouldn’t play playlist or any other random songs from Napster.

Restarted everything and still no joy. 25 min wait to talk to uk tech support. 5 mins online chat ending with ‘call tech support’.

Have abandoned Sonos and playing Napster via iPad and Bluetooth speaker.

internet full of people complaining their system won’t work with the new app. Sonos have got this badly wrong 

Yep, there is truth in that...

Very disappointed in the new app. I have been a Sonos customer coming onto 10 years and I have updated my speakers when the new ones were released.

This new app can never find my network and I have to close the app and open it again just so the app can find my speakers.

Bring back the gold app!!

New app is not good, very unfriendly, plus everything else that has been said. 
FIX IT!  

Emails on surveying problems from Sonos today

”We love listening - especially to our customers. If you have a minute, we'd love to hear about your Sonos experience.”

I suggest you all let them have it. They asked so let them know. 

I didn’t get the email, yet. I wish all their energy was put into beefing up customer support lines and fixing the app.

Does anyone know when the broken app will be fixed and fully functional? I haven’t been able to use my Sonos system since May. It’s insane that Sonos WILL NOT release it’s prior app version for iPhone users so we can actually use our systems—which many of us paid hundreds or thousands of dollars for. 

NOT ONLY did Sonos approve the release of a broken app so that their customers can no longer us the expensive systems they paid for (a form of malpractice)—Sonos also told their tech support reps to LIE about it. It took 4 separate phone calls with tech support (1-2+ hours each), for one of them to finally admit the app is dysfunctional.

Obviously, I will never buy or recommend Sonos again. That’s a gimme. BUT I should be able to use the system I paid for. 

Where is the fixed app? Where are the announcements for customers with updates on the situation? Where is the compensation?

Don’t be greedy, Sonos. It will bite you in the _______ in the long run.

I created a new thread but no replies yet. I have the new App and a Beam 2. I cannot shut the App off The EQ, height, loud and voice enhance all reset to factory. This is an intermittent event. I never know when it will happen.      

I’m not sure this happened with the old app. Regularly I swipe all open apps to keep things tidy but now I have to remember not to close Sonos. It is a tad annoying.   

I left the App on, powered the iPhone down/up and my settings held. I did not expect that but I’l try that a few times just to see.  

I have yet to test what happens when I leave my place. If app is on, stays on while I’m away will it keep the settings when I get back.                          

I created a new thread but no replies yet. I have the new App and a Beam 2. I cannot shut the App off The EQ, height, loud and voice enhance all reset to factory. This is an intermittent event. I never know when it will happen.      

I’m not sure this happened with the old app. Regularly I swipe all open apps to keep things tidy but now I have to remember not to close Sonos. It is a tad annoying.   

I left the App on, powered the iPhone down/up and my settings held. I did not expect that but I’l try that a few times just to see.  

I have yet to test what happens when I leave my place. If app is on, stays on while I’m away will it keep the settings when I get back.                          

Have you tried rebooting the Beam at the wall? The app is just the controller - the Beam’s settings will be in the speaker itself, so the app being active or not shouldn’t affect the speaker’s settings. 

Have you tried rebooting the Beam at the wall? The app is just the controller - the Beam’s settings will be in the speaker itself, so the app being active or not shouldn’t affect the speaker’s settings. 

Yes I did a hard reset for the beam itself. I can try that again. I have excellent WIFI as we are in a condo and it is about 20ft away. My TV is set to 5 GHz and I’m getting almost 300 MB/s. Noting ever drops out. 2.4 GHZ is better through walls.                  

I unplugged the Beam. I deleted the app off my phone, powered it down and up. I installed the app. I then powered up the Beam doing a hard reset. I’ll keep an eye on it over the next few days.

While adding the Beam it asked me to connect to the TV, which I did but is that necessary? My cable box remote is paired to the TV so I use it for station changes and volume. Same if I use the Sony remote or the Beam app. The TV speakers are off and it says sound system when I increase/decrease volume using all methods which is the same before I reset everything.                              

A silly question. I don’t like the status light so I turned it off but I know it should not matter. Asking just in case. When we did trouble shooting at work we never ignored any possible cause, no matter how obvious. It often was the simple things that caused the problems.                        

No, status light shouldn’t impact anything like the main settings.
Keep an eye on it and post if the settings disappear again …

No, status light shouldn’t impact anything like the main settings.
Keep an eye on it and post if the settings disappear again …

Thanks  

My Sonos for the past dozen years:  AWESOME, LOVE IT, WORKS PERFECT EVERY TIME.

My Sonos since the ‘app’ came out:

• Sometimes starts.  Sometimes does not start. 
  • About 80% of the time says my ‘System is not Found’.
  • Volume sometimes works, most of the time lags about 3-4 seconds which makes it difficult/basically impossible to set a volume correctly.
  • Sometimes selects various speakers and groups without me doing anything.
  • Sometimes is impossible to de-select speakers - and/or lags so long in doing so it screws you all up.

Worst part of all of this and why it is obvious this is totally screwed up on Sonos end is the randomness of it all!!!  In a nutshell, my AWSOME, PERFECT $10,000 SYSTEM now officially S-U-C-K-S.

When is this going to be remedied????????? 

New Sonos app is so bad I won’t buy anymore sonos products until it’s rolled back or improved to be as good or better as the last version

The new Sonas app is awful. It typically will not connect to music even when the music is playing, hence I cannot switch the music of,

but worst problem is trying to control the volumes of the various sonas speakers. Even when I adjust the volume in the app it mysteriously changes itself back to the other setting.

fthis app should not have been released in such a dismal and poor state. It really damages Sonas reputation and brand.

The app is embarrassing and so frustrating!

It has a mind of its own and does not do what you want it to. I have different music playing from different speakers as it lags behind and starts old music at the same time as new.

The app is embarrassing and so frustrating!

It has a mind of its own and does not do what you want it to. I have different music playing from different speakers as it lags behind and starts old music at the same time as new.

Sounds like you’re not using the grouping screen to play music simultaneously on different speakers (i.e. you’re not on the screen where you tick the speakers and press Apply)...

Hi there, I am a long time user of Sonos and the last 6-12 months of unnecessary iOS app updates has ruined a once very enjoyable music system. It is reaching the point of needing to take action to recover the cost of the speakers from Sonos as the changes to the iOS app have made product is no longer fit for purpose. It quickly becomes laggy and unresponsive leaving a user unable to change volume or change or stop music. Please fix ASAP.

It appears to me that Sonos are not listening to their customers at all as I don’t see anything from Sonos saying that this will ever be fixed.

Why did they ruin a perfectly good App & give us a completely new version that does not work well at all.

My next purchase will be Bose 

Nice to see things still the same with the app,how long do we wait ? or do we just try sell our gear to an unsuspecting person who still thinks Sonos has a good rep ? 

If it was the same for everyone, I’d say yes. But many people have it working fine, and we know this sort of loading issue is linked to device discovery so it will unfortunately be a network related issue. Not that there is anything wrong with your network, but the Sonos speakers and app are not finding what they need on your network to move beyond that point in app loading.