Skip to main content

New SONOS App - Adding to queue

I’m unable to add an album to existing queue. Is this feature gone or am I missing it?

323 replies

Userlevel 1

….oh and I left out my other new favorite - when Sonos app shows music is playing on a zone, replete with the song progress bar moving along, but there’s no music from that zone at all. So, you back out and start all over again and hope and pray it works this time. No?? Then try again I suppose. And again. 
Hope should not be part of your customer experience, Sonos. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

What’s also annoying is if you have created a playlist and then switch to radio you lose the playlist. Fortunately I have also got the SonoPad app which retains the playlist.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Something else missing in the queue, that I assume would return with the return of “Clear”  “Edit”  “Save”, is the scroll bar for quickly moving down the queue.  

Userlevel 1

you lot are lucky!!! i cant even accept the terms of use so can’t launch the new app.( yes ive scrolled down to the bottom and also read on the browser and reinstalled) 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Another annoying thing is when I’m playing a track not on the first page of the queue the queue still shows the first page.  If I’m playing the 50th track in a queue that’s where it should take me when I look at the queue.

What the hell is going on?  Had to update the app on my phone today, and now I can’t edit the queue, reorder the queue, or even clear the queue.  How can such a basic and OBVIOUS feature be REMOVED in an update?!?  Who was so ignorant they thought this was a good idea?!?

What the hell is going on?  Had to update the app on my phone today, and now I can’t edit the queue, reorder the queue, or even clear the queue.  How can such a basic and OBVIOUS feature be REMOVED in an update?!?  Who was so ignorant they thought this was a good idea?!?

It’s been that way for over 2 months.

3 months on and still no update to editing the queue.  The old queue was great. Different people could add albums or playlists to the queue, then you could edit and delete tracks you didn’t want by a simple swipe.

I’d expect to be able to re-order tracks by pressing on the track, then moving it up and down, removing my finger to drop it in place.

Userlevel 2

I really miss the ability to manage the queue in this pathetic App. Lately when I build a queue using play next and add to the end of the queue, it is replaced by random songs from my Apple music library. It's been infuriating since the new version of the app. I've experienced so many problems with connectivity and the horrible design of the app. Music cuts in and out and the app is clunky and slow. I have spent hours trying to get the system to work properly and at this point it just doesn't seem worth the effort. Before the update at least the system worked. I don't see how they manage to stay in business. I'll never buy another Sonos product!

Looks like they've added another wonderful new feature to this abysmal app. I just added a load of songs to the queue. When I went to review the queue, I was presented with an unable to.load error.…genius! I can play whats in the queue, I just can't see what's in it. Another one to add the the ever extending list of woes guys! Fix one thing, break two more. Hope we're not still lamenting this app next summer! Please sort out the local Music Library issues as a priority, it's the reason I invested in a Sonos system in the first place. I hardly stream anything.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Looks like they've added another wonderful new feature to this abysmal app. I just added a load of songs to the queue. When I went to review the queue, I was presented with an unable to.load error.…genius! I can play whats in the queue, I just can't see what's in it. Another one to add the the ever extending list of woes guys! Fix one thing, break two more. Hope we're not still lamenting this app next summer! Please sort out the local Music Library issues as a priority, it's the reason I invested in a Sonos system in the first place. I hardly stream anything.

It says try again. Did you?

Of course I did, several times. I even tried joining my Port to my Sonos 5 so that the queue could move to another device. But it still had the same error on the 5. Although, when I set up a queue directly on my Sonos 5 earlier, I could see that, but not on my Port. This is minor inconvenience compared the the rest of the issues. I'm fed up of getting the System not found message and having to go into System Settings before it rediscovers the system, the lack of any album art work showing from my extensive music collection, the loss of the compilation albums so I have to use folder view if I don't want to see 100 album entries for 100 Hits of the 80's, the inability to update playlists etc etc. 

I just thought I'd highlight the issue here in case it had not been noticed by anyone else and can be looked into. Thank you.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I just thought I'd highlight the issue here in case it had not been noticed by anyone else and can be looked into. Thank you.

I have not noticed this because it’s not happening to me. So obviously the issue is not that they have added “another wonderful new feature to this abysmal app” but rather a problem that you are having with the app.

I also hope that, as you are trying to fix it, you do simple things (like clearing the app cache) first before escalating to drastic measures like reconfiguring your speakers. Good luck.

I have not noticed this because it’s not happening to me. So obviously the issue is not that they have added “another wonderful new feature to this abysmal app” but rather a problem that you are having with the app.

I also hope that, as you are trying to fix it, you do simple things (like clearing the app cache) first before escalating to drastic measures like reconfiguring your speakers. Good luck.

Why are you defending the absolute monkey circus that is the Sonos Dumpster Fire of an app update?  For the record, I have the same problem.  I can add things to a queue, but then I can’t see the queue, and, yes, I tried over and over on different days and under different astral signs but all to no effect.  Why?  Because the app is a flaming turd designed by folks who can no longer lay claim to whatever might serve as the basest level of competence.  Additionally, all the album art for my library disappeared.  But, to make up for it, the Sonos app now shows about 50 copies of every album.  However, only some of those albums are actual albums, so I have to play peek-a-boo with my music library until I find the album that actually has the songs in it.

None of this happened under the old app.  Here we are, how many months since the implementation of this fetid stench they call an updated app, and they’re posting about how “don’t worry folks, we got night mode working again!”  They could’ve rolled back to a previous version of the app, said “Woah, we really screwed that one up, but don’t worry folks, you can keep using the old app while we do a LOT more testing and development of our new app” and things would be hunky dory.  But it turns out their chief strategy officer and their marketing department are just as pants-on-fire stupid as the app developers.

I actively encourage people to avoid Sonos. I will never buy another Sonos product again.  And I wish the company nothing but absolute bad luck and misfortune until everyone involved with this utterly unnecessary travesty is fired.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Why are you defending the absolute monkey circus that is the Sonos Dumpster Fire of an app update?  For the record, I have the same problem.  I can add things to a queue, but then I can’t see the queue, and, yes, I tried over and over on different days and under different astral signs but all to no effect.  Why?  Because the app is a flaming turd designed by folks who can no longer lay claim to whatever might serve as the basest level of competence.  Additionally, all the album art for my library disappeared.  But, to make up for it, the Sonos app now shows about 50 copies of every album.  However, only some of those albums are actual albums, so I have to play peek-a-boo with my music library until I find the album that actually has the songs in it.

None of this happened under the old app.  Here we are, how many months since the implementation of this fetid stench they call an updated app, and they’re posting about how “don’t worry folks, we got night mode working again!”  They could’ve rolled back to a previous version of the app, said “Woah, we really screwed that one up, but don’t worry folks, you can keep using the old app while we do a LOT more testing and development of our new app” and things would be hunky dory.  But it turns out their chief strategy officer and their marketing department are just as pants-on-fire stupid as the app developers.

I actively encourage people to avoid Sonos. I will never buy another Sonos product again.  And I wish the company nothing but absolute bad luck and misfortune until everyone involved with this utterly unnecessary travesty is fired.

I was pointing out to the other user that, since the queue works well for some, the situation is salvageable; that the best way to get things working is to start from the least invasive steps; and to proceed to more invasive interventions only if needed. Ripping apart and reconfiguring the system is more likely to create new problems than to solve the existing problem.

Hopefully the other user finds my approach somewhat more helpful than your approach of actively campaigning for the downfall of the company and wishing for job losses for all of its people.

“Ripping apart and reconfiguring the system is more likely to create new problems”

Tell that to the Sonos devs.

And Sonos, through their own galactic-sized idiocy, is doing a much better job of bringing about the downfall of the company than I am.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

“Ripping apart and reconfiguring the system is more likely to create new problems”

And Sonos, through their own galactic-sized idiocy, is doing a much better job of bringing about the downfall of the company than I am.

I guess you can just be angry instead of pragmatic but I don't think that will get your queue back any faster.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

I can’t imagine that queue editing would be that difficult to implement.  Sonos did it already in S2.  The queue as it stands now is useless.

I guess you can just be angry instead of pragmatic but I don't think that will get your queue back any faster.

Seeing as how blind, limbless warthogs are apparently in charge of app development at Sonos, pretty sure nothing I do or don’t do will help get my queue back.  I mean, when the app developers are such gargantuan imbeciles as to REMOVE queue editing from the app, what exactly is the “pragmatic” thing I’m supposed to do to override their idiotic train wreck of an app and get my Sonos system working again?  Do you have actual advice?  

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Seeing as how blind, limbless warthogs are apparently in charge of app development at Sonos, pretty sure nothing I do or don’t do will help get my queue back.  I mean, when the app developers are such gargantuan imbeciles as to REMOVE queue editing from the app, what exactly is the “pragmatic” thing I’m supposed to do to override their idiotic train wreck of an app and get my Sonos system working again?  Do you have actual advice?  

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

Skip and play next can be used as workarounds for now.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Still no movement on this. App up to date and no option to do anything other than ‘add to Sonos favourites’. 

Empty platitudes from Sonos doing nothing to paper over the cracks of an ineptly handled change to the app which, in no circumstances, could ever be described as an upgrade. 

I’ve been using SonoPhone which at least gives me instant access rather than waiting through the inevitable crashes and ‘something went wrong’ dialogues which are the norm for the now useless Sonos product. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Your request is in a queue… your business is important to us, but unfortunately at this time we can’t edit the queue we’ve put your request in… 😁

Your call is important to us. Please stay in the queue until your call is no longer important to you