Skip to main content

New SONOS App - Adding to queue

I’m unable to add an album to existing queue. Is this feature gone or am I missing it?

My so is app says nothing in the queue so can’t play anything. How do I get a station in the queue. 

The que still does not work when using the latest version of the app. I notice that the Windows desktop Sonos has the missing Que features, but they don't seem to actually work on the speakers. For example, I can't add programs to the que or I can't place them at the end of the que.Two questions. Does the Windows desktop app have to actually be left open for the selected que features to work? My desktop shuts down after a period of disuse.  Secondly, I have learned from troubleshooting past program dropping issues that it is beneficial to turn all of the Sonos products off and on. Would such a hard reset feature facilitate the full functionality of the upgraded app?

Unable to add to the queue from some of my Spotify playlists because the list seems to be limited to a total of 50 (yes I did count it) and is based on most recently created nto last used.  As I have 121 lists with some of my more popular ones being the oldest they cant be played from the Sonos app.  I appreciate you can cast them from the Spotify app but you miss out on some of the Sonos functionality and why should I now have to do that when before it was all workable from the previous app. 

Personally I do like the new UI but without some of the basic functions it really isnt good enough, not when people have spend thousands of pounds on their systems.

Hi,

On the old version of the Sonos app you could play the “top tracks” of an artist from Deezer. It would achieve this by adding the top tracks to the queue automatically. 

Since the new app launched it has not been possible to play the “top tracks” of an artist on Deezer. After playing one track it stops, and there’s no way to add anything to the queue. 

I was hoping that the reintroduction of queue management would fix this, but it hasn’t. 

Will the ability to play the “top tracks” of an artist on Deezer be reinstated, or is this a feature which has been permanently deprecated in the new app?

I look forward to seeing a reply. 

Thank you. 

The latest release notes on the Apple Store include "Added “play next” and “add to end of queue”

Try as I can I have failed to achieve either of the above on iOS. I am so fed up with this farce of an app.

I have zero trust in Sonos (along now with many thousands of others) simply because the Sonos execs treat their customer base with contempt and also because their notes on the App Store appear to be untrue. We know the new app is utterly appalling. We know many thousands have been shafted. All complaints have resulted in patronising replies. So Mr Moderator, refer this to the top knobs in your now disgraced company and let them know there appear to be untruths in the public domain. I am now referring this to each official watchdog in the UK

1,000 up votes for bringing back all the queue functions. July can’t come soon enough.

I’m also not happy about losing the ability to search through my personal music library. Search functions only go through my services (Spotify, Pandora, etc.). I have a ton of songs from local bands - including my own - on my iTunes library on a connected server but I have to scroll through the whole thing to find artists or songs. In the old app searching would show me results from my connected services PLUS my music library. Took me a while to even find where they buried it but there’s no way to search like I used to.

Please add this to the punch list of things Sonos needs to bring back!

Hi - updated app now has the ability to add songs to a queue so thank you, I guess, for restoring that basic capability. 

However it is soooo slooow . It is taking 5 seconds from the moment I click the 3 dots until the song has been added to the queue. 5 seconds may not sound like a lot until one tries hitting a button and counting “1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi, 3 Mississippi. 4 Mississippi, 5 Mississippi” while waiting to move on.  Now imagine trying to add twenty songs.  (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi … )

Is anyone else having this problem?  I’m on Tidal.  

In addition, is there any ability to delete a song from the playlist queue? I feel like I’m missing something obvious - however given past history with this tself-edited to save the moderators the trouble] app, it is entirely possible that it’s the app, not me. 

How do you add to a queue using the new app?

In TIDAL (and Spotify) in Your Services, click on the three dots. In addition to “Save to Sonos Favorites” and “Replace Queue”, you’ll also see “Play Next” and “Add to End of Queue”.  

Works for individual songs, playlists and albums..  

I’min Sonos Build 80.02.04, released on 3 June.  

So I can add to end of queue, play next, or replace queue, but I can’t play NOW (and keep the queue).

seems the only way to do this is to hit a song which will play now but it deletes the queue and replaces it with that song or the whole album (depending on your search).

Frustrating, or am I missing something?

Hello Rohan, thank you for the reply. This seems to be the issue as in this new version of the App when one taps the three dots the only option offered is save to Sonos favorites or Start a station. Gone are my familiar “Play Next” and “Add to End of Queue”. Is this not possible using this latest version? 

There no longer is an option to add a song or album to the end of my queue when I long hold an icon. Is there a new way to add songs and albums?

This is the reason I loved Sonos.  It was a jukebox at your fingertips.  I would not buy this system now and it is not cheap.  I’m a long-term user of Sonos and am very disappointed now.  I had started using my computer to add music to a playlist but that is not working now.  

In TIDAL (and Spotify) in Your Services, click on the three dots. In addition to “Save to Sonos Favorites” and “Replace Queue”, you’ll also see “Play Next” and “Add to End of Queue”.  

Works for individual songs, playlists and albums..  

I’min Sonos Build 80.02.04, released on 3 June.  

I do not see this.

The play next, add to end of queue options that I had with the previous release about 3 days ago have now gone. I also just get only the ‘save to Sonos favourites’ or ‘start a new station’. Back to playing a single album, song at a time. Might as well just listen to vinyl albums and singles.  I’ve now got the 80.03.06 release on iOS.

I would imagine Sonos will be customer focused and get this feature returned SOON. Thank goodness I didn’t follow my friend and also bought the shares. How to go forward 1 step and 2 backwards 

The play next, add to end of queue options that I had with the previous release about 3 days ago have now gone. I also just get only the ‘save to Sonos favourites’ or ‘start a new station’. Back to playing a single album, song at a time. Might as well just listen to vinyl albums and singles.  I’ve now got the 80.03.06 release on iOS.

Hmm. Over the last few months, I’ve updated the app whenever I see the chance to, thinking “It can’t possibly go backwards.” Looks like that’s wrong.
Interestingly, I can no longer find where to see what release I’m on on my iOS app. Has that now gone missing?  

If I was a new Sonos customer and bought a new unit at Target, and the ‘add to queue’ feature was not available, I would have immediately returned the product to the store and never gone forward with building a system. Has anyone been able to revert back to the old app version after updating to the latest app?

I can't believe this issue still hasn't been rectified.

It has been rectified.  Almost 3 weeks ago.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/release-notes-for-sonos-software-updates

80.02.07 (Android)
80.02.04 (iOS)

Release date: 6/4/2024

In this update:

. . . 

• Added “play next” and “add to end of queue”

I can add to a queue, but still cant press next when playing an artists top tracks list on Deezer.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/release-notes-for-sonos-software-updates

80.02.07 (Android)
80.02.04 (iOS)

In this update:

. . . 

Editing the queue is still not available and I have the latest update. If you pick a playlist with a few songs you want to either not play or rearrange the order of, you’re out of luck.

when will add to queue be updated for all Content Services?

80.02.07 (Android)
80.02.04 (iOS)

In this update:

. . . 

until you can add to the queue from all services. it is not fixed. to date they still have not enabled adding to queue on most services. this was supposed to be sorted in June.

Where is the queue clear on Android, I have a google pixel phone. I have the clear queue feature on  my PC, microsoft. It was available on the previous platform

Really unreal that a company could lose its way so spectacularly. Every night when I use my Sonos I just end up cursing it and giving up. Not being able to manage the queue the way that I could in 2007 when I bought my first Sonos products and fell in love is just beyond the pale. And that’s if I can get music to play at all and don’t get the “something went wrong, try again later” message. 
12 zones at my home.  
6 zones at my business. 
But it’s over. 
Sorry Sonos, we’re getting a divorce. A bitter, acrimonious divorce.