Skip to main content
Question

New SONOS App - Feedback

In the new 2024 Sonos App :

Where are the alarms settings? 

Where is the Last.fm service?

Where is the Android widget?

This is a real nightmare. I hope Sonos will fix all that asap because what they did releasing this not finished app is scandalous.

Sonos latest update is a disaster. I will not be telling my friends about Sonos like I did in the past

If Sonos doesn’t bring back the previous app within the following month, I am going to sell all Sonos products. This is not the first time and Sonos demonstrated perfectly that they don’t care about the customers. Unbelievable. I hope others will boycot Sonos as well. 

who do you think is going to buy your Sonos?

I have to say as a long time sonos product lover and advocate and long time beta tester the new app falls so short. Nothing that I was beta testing. The total opposite. This app should of definitely went through beta testing before launch. The app is completely broken sorry to say.

SONOS. You must add the fixed/variable volume option back to system settings. This has to get fixed asap or I will not be selling your products anymore. Ridiculous. 

The updated app will not connect my One’s to my Arc, and after I connect the One’s and press the apply button the sound goes to 0, and the speakers are not connected.

The new app keeps telling me that no system is connected to the WiFi. 

The last app worked properly. Give us a way to go back so I can use my $2500 system again.

when do you plan on fixing your Sonos app?  The latest update has RUINED it!  It’s So BAD that I have to use my Sonos speakers as Bluetooth speakers instead of on wifi with the app. So dissapointed that you would release an update this bad to the public. You’re entire development team should be FIRED!

I notice that the alarm function nicely allows me to choose the volume %age to start the music with.

Then I go to the currently playing music to see what %age the volume is currently at. There is no indication of the volume %age of the currently playing music to help me know what %age level I want in the alarm.

if you can add that, then I don’t need to guess.

thank you.

Sonos helpfully gives us his email address:

Get in touch with our CEO, Patrick Spence, at ceo@sonos.com

Very slow in all functions. The rooms disappear. Sometime you could not use the app because it does not work. If I use Airplay than the system looses all the coupled rooms. The volume controllers do not work properly. You move the cursor and nothing happens. In my opinion this is the worst version since I started using Sonos. Not acceptable!

Looks great but confusing af to actually use.  Brutal.  So bad I’d probably not buy Sonos if I knew this was the software to use with it … but I’m currently stuck due to how many I have.

I just want to play music from my YouTube.  Before it was simple.  Click an item to play.  Now, it might be in a queue, it might not.  Click multiple pages to figure out what is playing in what room.  Remember to click the small dots to clear a queue, or otherwise my current desired play item won’t load.  Whoever designed the ‘look’ hit a home run with the new app.  Whoever designed its function should be fired.  Sorry, but it’s inexcusable.

My main issue same as yourself is number 3. But I wanted to warn you - DO NOT BUY A NEW NAS. Reason being that I have one and that is where my Music Library is stored but since the updates I have been unable to reconnect. Tried everything such as deleting library re-adding etc. Just to be clear, this was working fine for years, and I can connect to the NAS drive through every other device that is not Sonos. 

I just would not want somebody wasting even more money buying a new NAS drive thinking that will fix the problem, as it will not. It’s a pure issue with Sonos. 

This might work for you. It worked on my Mac;

https://www.reddit.com/r/sonos/comments/1cuasf1/comment/l4qucju/?context=3

The downside is that the xml file has to be exported and renamed whenever changes are made. But at least I have my music back.

Thanks @krez56 I actually finally got this working over the weekend using my NAS and Apple Music, dropping the XML into the root of the NAS and re-uploading to Sonos on the Mac Controller. 

Shame you don’t work in Sonos App dev team!!

Quick question for you, did you ever get the Music library to appear on new Sonos IOS app? Basically it still doesnt appear on “Sources” but can access and play music on devices throgh Mac Controller and actually now using SonoPhone on my Iphone to access through my phone. 

Crazy that Sonos can not simply fix this on their own app. 

The new app is awful! Slow laggy and not user friendly! Bring back the old SIMPLE app that things happen when you press them! 

I’ve come here just to say this and now reading through the comments everyone is feeling the same, new app awful! Been a Sonos user for 10+ years and absolutely love it! Until now… bring back the old app! 

since the upgrade my s is unusable so many bugs rooms don’t sync volume goes up and down on it’s own and room completely drop in and out of there own accord it is atrocious please revert to old app till you fix this app i have always stuck with sonos but if this isn’t addressed quickly i am loosing faith with sonos 

Please scrutinize your app development team. I think the latest app upgrade can only be industrial sabotage. There can be no other explanation. You produce some of the best hardware but the software is slowly crippling it. I strongly suggest you suspend the whole of your app development team and start an investigation.

Is there a way to revert to the old app (I am using an Iphone 13)?

Also, as there are other apps that can be used with Sonos(?), which one(s) can you recommend (I am interested both in function, but also security)?

Is there a way to revert to the old app (I am using an Iphone 13)?

Also, as there are other apps that can be used with Sonos(?), which one(s) can you recommend (I am interested both in function, but also security)?

You can’t roll back on iOS unfortunately. 

SonoPhone works well as a Sonos app replacement. 

The new Sonos app keeps switching back to my backyard speakers. So for example, I’ll open the app and select my two living room speakers start some music next I reopen the app to say press next to play the next song switched back to my backyard speaker annoying but I change the speaker by clicking, the bottom button selecting the checkmarks next to my living room speakers and hit apply and then this stops the music so there’s no way to just skip songs on my living room speakers because it just keeps going back to the backyard speakers ridiculously terrible. It makes me not want to use or purchase any other solos products. 

Video of what I’m talking about

The new app sucks! It now takes two steps to do everything and lots of bugs. I don’t mind changes, even if there is a learning curve, but not when they don’t work! 

Yes, SonoPhone is a paid app with a somewhat outdated design but offers all the functionalities you’d expect from it (at least as far as I’m concerned). It’s currently better than the official app

When are you going to sort this out! Utter garbage, unworkable, 

why break something that was near prefect.

I may be forced to go to Bang and Olufsen

So I bought this system based on what I heard in a wired environment in Costco.  It took some time (years??) to work most of the bugs out.  Now that it seems to be working I really see this type of system does not live up to my expectations- what recourse do I have?? Ebay - Craigs list???

Yes, SonoPhone is a paid app with a somewhat outdated design but offers all the functionalities you’d expect from it (at least as far as I’m concerned). It’s currently better than the official app

100% I’m now using SonoPhone….so poor that Sonos can’t match the capabilities. They are clearly not listening to their users. 

It seems they are flooding the media outlets with articles about their new headphones. Somewhat hiding the fact they have pissed off their existing user base. 

My main issue same as yourself is number 3. But I wanted to warn you - DO NOT BUY A NEW NAS. Reason being that I have one and that is where my Music Library is stored but since the updates I have been unable to reconnect. Tried everything such as deleting library re-adding etc. Just to be clear, this was working fine for years, and I can connect to the NAS drive through every other device that is not Sonos. 

I just would not want somebody wasting even more money buying a new NAS drive thinking that will fix the problem, as it will not. It’s a pure issue with Sonos. 

This might work for you. It worked on my Mac;

https://www.reddit.com/r/sonos/comments/1cuasf1/comment/l4qucju/?context=3

The downside is that the xml file has to be exported and renamed whenever changes are made. But at least I have my music back.

Thanks @krez56 I actually finally got this working over the weekend using my NAS and Apple Music, dropping the XML into the root of the NAS and re-uploading to Sonos on the Mac Controller. 

Shame you don’t work in Sonos App dev team!!

Quick question for you, did you ever get the Music library to appear on new Sonos IOS app? Basically it still doesnt appear on “Sources” but can access and play music on devices throgh Mac Controller and actually now using SonoPhone on my Iphone to access through my phone. 

Crazy that Sonos can not simply fix this on their own app. 

If you are referring to me, all I did was haunt the various Sonos threads here and on Reddit, trying all suggestions until I found one that worked for me. 

Fortunately for me, I mainly use the desktop app, which remains functional - at least, after I was able to get my music library back. When the iOS app is working, my library does show up since I got it back, though accessing it remains challenging. What was once fairly intuitive now requires tapping pretty much every option, until I finally make it to what I want. I’m going to stick to the desktop app for now, and only use my other devices for AirPlay. 

But more often, when I open the app, it can’t find my speakers and/or my music.

I have been exporting and renaming the xml file ever since the S2 controller first appeared on the scene - it was the only way to get my playlists available in the Sonos music library. Now, I am still playing the playlist that was running when all this update started - I can’t see it, Sonos says I don’t have a music library but the music plays. I can see the Sonos system accessing the ac4 files on my NAS from its management system so it clearly knows where to find the files.

I am nervous about clearing everything out and starting again as I may lose everything but it is incredibly weird not being able to control what’s happening.

I don’t actively dislike the new app’s design, I just wish it worked. That is nothing whatsoever to do with disliking or being averse to change.

Let’s at least know what the plan is.