Is your music cutting out? Or are your players disappearing from the app?

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

385 replies

Hey there,

a couple of days ago I bought a set of new IKEA shelf speakers and do like them quite a lot.

Unfortunately i have experienced TuneIn acting very unreliably, having intermittent hiccups. The speakers also diappeared repeatedly from the menu. Right now I am testing Spotify and performance so far seems fine.

I have the Sonos Boost installed (Wifi-data deleted), so the connection should be stable.

Diagnose number is 1011473832.

Thank you for any help.
Hello Sonos Support,

I haven't heard back on the above in a few days. Is there nothing else you can give me to try?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hello Sonos Support,

I haven't heard back on the above in a few days. Is there nothing else you can give me to try?

Please try clearing the wireless credentials from your Sonos speakers. This may help them stay in communication. If that doesn't help, send along a new report.
I have cleared the wireless network credentials but still the same issue persists. Here is another report from tonight 2074826438.
Can I have an update on this please?
Badge
Got issues with mye setup as well.
Playbar, sub, two Play:1.
While playing music my two Play:1 speakers, and sometimes the sub, drop out. They come back on after 5-20 seconds. They do not disappear from my setup.
I'm on a Airties wifi-mesh system. My routers wifi is disconnected and is hardwired into a mesh-node, so is my Playbar.

My diagnistics is: 181192106
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
I find my Sonos system stops working when I am using IP TV - I believe this is due to a STP (spanning tree protocol) issue but I've not identified a solution to it.
Badge +1
After adding two Play 3's to my system that was working great, I'm now getting chaos with Apple Music...constant drop outs, speakers going on and off. After about 10 minutes of that things settle down and play fine. Then if i try to skip a song or put something else on, chaos happens again. App controls stop working. I have a few turntables hooked up to connects that seem to work fine, don't get the dropouts on that. Any time i'm using the app and try to change room speakers this happens, but when I have just 4 speakers or so on things seem to be fine. Also browsing Apple Music through Sonos apps on phone and iPad the app consistently crashes after a minute or so. Doesn't happen on the laptop. Diagnostics 326072758. Thanks!
Userlevel 2
Diagnostics submitted.(7769777) My sonos playbar and (2) play 1's are cutting out. One of the play ones makes a weird clicking noise. Some assistance would be appreciated. Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi folks,

If you're having trouble streaming from iOS devices, please see my post here about the fixes included in version 9.1, released today.
System unusable after airplay updates. Worked without any problems the last years. Music from surround speakers cutting out constantly (tunein and spotify), this morning the tv setup disappeared. I had to reconnect them all. I changed wireless channels on my router and sonos. No change. Dropouts all the time.

Diagnostic: 543670153
Badge
I have a Beam, a One, and a Play:5, each in their own room. The Beam and One are frequently paired. All have gone missing from my Sonos iOS and macOS apps, and are also unavailable through Spotify Connect. Alexa can't find them either. I've tried selecting a dedicated 2.4GHz channel on my Apple Extreme Base Station. Diagnostic report: 705591946. Advice?
Badge +1

Before you try to fix the wireless issue, try the wired, closed network if you can. All you need to do is simply wiring any of your Sonos products to your router, and your system will switch over automatically. You will need to keep one of your Sonos products wired to your router permanently in this configuration. Your easiest solution to wireless issues may be to switch to the wired network!

Hi @Ghmd_S.

I have taken a look at your diagnostic report and I do see discarded packets of information coming from Airplay 2. This usually indicates that Sonos is not receiving a reliable line of communication from the music source via Airplay 2.

You have said that this happens when you add the music to your queue with Airplay 2. Are you adding the music to your Apple Music app, then casting the music via Airplay 2?

Hi @Ghmd_S.

I have taken a look at your diagnostic report and I do see discarded packets of information coming from Airplay 2. This usually indicates that Sonos is not receiving a reliable line of communication from the music source via Airplay 2.

You have said that this happens when you add the music to your queue with Airplay 2. Are you adding the music to your Apple Music app, then casting the music via Airplay 2?

Correct. I am using the Apple music app on iOS. And casting through AirPlay 2 to a Sonos Speaker or Amp.

it happens very predictable when adding a song or album to the que. it’s not random. I have no problems with streaming in any way. Besides this and  sometimes the second Sonos One comes in a little behind the first one (in a stereo setup).

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have a Beam, a One, and a Play:5, each in their own room. The Beam and One are frequently paired. All have gone missing from my Sonos iOS and macOS apps, and are also unavailable through Spotify Connect. Alexa can't find them either. I've tried selecting a dedicated 2.4GHz channel on my Apple Extreme Base Station. Diagnostic report: 705591946. Advice?

Hi there,

Please check your computer's firewall and antivirus settings to make sure it's configured for Sonos. If that doesn't help, check out this guide to getting reconnected to your speakers.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
I've already sent them a diagnostic and explained the issue several days ago. With of course no reply.

Moderator Note: Removed profanity

Hi adam-jack34, my apologies for getting a late reply to your outreach. I've reviewed the diagnostic from your original post and can see the error for a PLAYBAR issue being discussed in a different thread. I have flagged your system for an update that should help. Please run the update and let us know how it goes.
Thank you Jeff.
I called them up and they will now replace my Playbase.

System unusable after airplay updates. Worked without any problems the last years. Music from surround speakers cutting out constantly (tunein and spotify), this morning the tv setup disappeared. I had to reconnect them all. I changed wireless channels on my router and sonos. No change. Dropouts all the time.

Diagnostic: 543670153

Hi abiffi,

Thanks for sending in the diagnostic report. It looks like there's an issue with the wireless card on your Playbase. This would explain why you're having issues with the surround audio as those speakers connect through your Playbase's wireless signal. It would be best to reach out to our phone team who can take over from here. Please call us up, our phone number is found here.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Gavilan – Welcome to the community and thank you for posting all of that information as well as the diagnostic. There is a high amount of wireless interference around the BOOST at your location, which could be contributed to the problem. As you’ve already changed channels, can you let us know what other devices are within a five to ten foot radius of the BOOST? What kind of surface is the BOOST sitting on?

azumafuji – Welcome to the community as well. Thank you for passing along the diagnostic as it’s allowed me to determine the root cause. One of PLAY:1s is connecting to a wireless repeater/extender at your location while the other is connecting directly to the wireless router. Although network extenders are great for passing certain network traffic, they don't reliably pass all network traffic. We advise using the BOOST setup when network repeaters or extenders are present. Is it possible to permanently wire one of the PLAY:1s to the router at your location?

My apologies extend to you as well for getting a late reply to your posts.
Hi Support,

I have a play 3 that is connected at outdoor having disconnecting issue.
I have submitted diagnostics : 1294358331.

Please kindly look into it.

Thanks
Userlevel 2
Thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Danlim. The issue is that there is a poor WiFi signal where your PLAY:3 is situated. Stands to reason, I suppose, if it's outside and your router is not.
Thanks for the response. This was very helpful.
The boost is on top of a cabinet that is about 3 foot high.
I have an Xclaim AP that is about 2 feet from the boost.
I also have a cordless phone near there but it is not one that works on 2.4Ghz.

I will move it to a new location tonight is it OK to be near other Sonos Players? do they cause any interference?
Does the bosst create a true mesh network where the boost only needs to be near one player that can complete the connections to the other players as long as they are relatively near to one another?

Thank yo so much for your response.
Hi Edward,

Thanks for your reply.

Poor wifi signal should not be an issue cause im getting full bar from my phone outside exactly where the speaker is placed.
Is the wifi card used for Play:3 up to date?

Thanks
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Thanks for the response. This was very helpful.
The boost is on top of a cabinet that is about 3 foot high.
I have an Xclaim AP that is about 2 feet from the boost.
I also have a cordless phone near there but it is not one that works on 2.4Ghz.

I will move it to a new location tonight is it OK to be near other Sonos Players? do they cause any interference?
Does the bosst create a true mesh network where the boost only needs to be near one player that can complete the connections to the other players as long as they are relatively near to one another?

Thank yo so much for your response.

As a general best practice we advise to make sure the BOOST or any other Sonos player have about two to three feet of space when near another device broadcasting a wireless signal. Moving the BOOST next to another player shouldn't be an issue, but I would still advise having a bit of space between them. Since moving the BOOST have you noticed an improvement?

Yes, the BOOST and any other Sonos player that is wired to the network will create a true wireless mesh network (BOOST Setup) for all other Sonos players to communicate over.