Is your music cutting out? Or are your players disappearing from the app?

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

385 replies

Badge +1
Similar issue to above, but maybe not exactly the same? I should also say it only seems to be occurring since we moved home (i.e. changed location, router and performed a recent software update) - TV sound plays via the fibre link into the Playbar, without any interruption. Other play devices (Play1s and Play3) grouped to this same feed all suffer frequent brief interruptions (Diagnostic 8038874)
Hi, my sonos beam is still skipping songs from spotify.
Have tried change all the channels, but still have the same issue.
I am using sonos beam and connected to wireless router.
Here is the diagnostic number 1549463178.
Connection problems which appear suddenly are often caused by network problems, not Sonos problems. The typical cause is duplicate IP addresses. These often show up after an update or power outage because a reboot requires the device to request a new IP, and the router, having lost track of current IP assignments, issues a new IP that is in use by another device. To cure this, do the following:

Reboot/power cycle your devices in the following order:

Modem
Router
Switches or hubs
Wired Sonos units
Wireless Sonos units
Computers/printers
Wireless devices - phones/tablets etc.

Allow each device to come back up before proceeding to the next. Note that you can permanently prevent duplicate IP addresses by assigning an IP to each device's MAC address in the router setup. See your router manual for details.
Last update RUINED my entire system. The UX SUCKS. I bet Sonos will be out of business in 5 years due to crap product. Your update DID NOT WORK. Your online help DID NOT WORK. Your app SUCKS. It wasted SO MUCH MONEY on this system. Maybe a SONOS GROUP LAWSUIT is in order?!?!
Badge +1
Thanks Jgatie... instructions followed and all seems good so far. Let's hope it stays that way.:8

Thanks Melvimbe. I’ll try that. 

Hi, my sonos system has become extremely unstable since the latest update. Please see review 8042496 and let me know what's going on.

Thanks!
Hi!
Still no reply on my problem and diagnostic. And my connect is still disconnecting.
I'd encourage both of you to read, and follow, jgatie's post above.
That may work if you have a simple network. I have 33 wireless devices on my WLAN. And those devices aren’t having issues. So can someone please look at the diagnostic and let me know what’s going on.
Hi there,

I submitted my diagnostics.
The reference number is 1116545308

I have one room, standard setup a playbar and a sub.
They are wireless connection to the router.

My sonos still keeps dropping out from my phone controller when playing music.

I have tried changing the wireless channel but it keeps happening.

Please provide some assistance when able.

It will work if you have a complex network, as well. Or, if you prefer, you could set up reserved IP addresses for all of your Sonos devices.

The simple fact is, 99% of the time, the issue is resolved by taking that action. It's entirely possible that yours doesn't, so on Monday when the forum staff is back in the office, they will hopefully take a look. Or, you could avail yourself of the 24/7 option of contacting Sonos, which is on the www.sonos.com/contact page.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
For example, if you had just made it possible to upload a few songs into the local memory of the sonos speaker, and let it play from its local memory, the songs would never have been interupted from the beginning! Even if the connection was lost!

What features are you willing to have removed from the speakers to allow room for local music storage? Memory is full so to add something something must go, like the CR-100 or Dock support to make room for the latest rounds of updates.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
It will work if you have a complex network, as well. Or, if you prefer, you could set up reserved IP addresses for all of your Sonos devices.

What's the recommended setup exactly? Group all Sonos in a dedicated IP range pretty far from all other devices on the same LAN? I've already worked on separating the Wifi Channels as far as possible, now looking into assigning IPs correctly.

So far, even with the two settings above, I have disconnections mid-song even playing songs in local, the playbar is wired to the router, which is wired to a NAS where the songs are stored, the rest is wifi.

At times, when I play in all rooms, the app becomes erratic and I end up having error messages on the app.

(Diagnostic 8047561) - Should I open a dedicated thread?
Hi. I’m having problems with the sub. Somethings it does not start playing before a few minutes after I put on music/tv. Recently happened again, diagnostic number 372836880.
Appreciate if you could look into this.
My Sonos setup also suffers from very frequent stuttering or even total loss of sound. I have 2 Sonos One speakers in stereo setup. They connect wirelessly, and I've already changed the channel a couple of times to no avail. I'm using Airplay by the way. Diagnostic reports:

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Yes, that would be my recommendation.

Thank you, I will reach out to Sonos. But first I will test with my new settings for a longer period to see how it goes and how often it happens. It's always been intermittent, even before buying a new router or changing any setting, so it takes time to judge if it's any better now.

Typically, it will work great for a few hours, and then it'll behave erratically for an hour. I really want to get to the bottom of this. I have invested a lot in these speakers and right now it leaves me with a feeling of unreliability. Not what I was hoping for.
I have a playbar, sub, and play 1 all in the kitchen (Across the house from the router, but we have strong wifi there). Last night it kept cutting out and losing various components in the app.

Can you let me know whats going on based on the diagnostics so I can try to remedy? I did change the band, and reset all the devices. It didn't seem to work till I reset the phones and then it would go out again after a while. Tried with multiple phones. I have only had the setup for a few days and its been a little flakey from the start.

Diagnostic 929056531

Thank you!
Understood. Once you've got this taken care of, they'll be rock solid. Mine have been so for 4 or 5 years now, and I'm quite happy.

Be sure to run the diagnostic within 10 minutes of a disconnect, so that the data about it will be in the log files that get submitted to Sonos.

Best of luck!
Hi there,

I changed my wireless channel and it still skips. I also tried with my record player through the connect and its cutting in and out.

Hello and Merry Christmas! =)

Loving my Sonos Beam and 2 Sonos Play 1s in my bedroom but when I use the Sonos app to play music from my iPhone it stops playing each and every song about half way through (sometimes sooner) without any reason.

When I use my Sonos system to watch movies or tv shows it runs smoothly without any issues

I did find a work around- I can play music from my iPhone airplayed through my Apple TV 4k without issue. I did notice using the Sonos app makes better use of the surround sound speakers though. The Apple TV 4k is fine but everything sounds deeper and richer through the Sonos app so it’s too bad it can’t play music properly

Here’s my diagnostic

Hi. Ive recently started with this similar problem. Ever since i added spotify to my system. I have a bridge, a play 1 and a play 5 gen1. The players keep vanishing from my system. Once i manage to add them, after resetting them, i have to add all my favourites and library back in. Diagnostic 806
Thanks lee
Was a huge advocate of sonos, recommended to friends etc. Over last 12 months or so had nothing but trouble, sent lots of diagnostics in, after leaving them to gather dust thought would download latest updates. Got them going and thought great. Now same old problems speakers disappearing from controller, having to set up again completely then goes, totally unreliable. Did the move stuff away from router, changed router channel's things, but same old same old problems. Going to give up Bose here i come! Ive lost too much of my life already trying to get them stable, they used to be so good!
Badge
Intermittently music has been cut off since version 8 of the controller app. Plus I have hot been able to upgrade the speakers to 8.2. The About My Sonos System states:
Controller: Version 8.2
Bridge: Version 8.0
Sonos Speaker: Version 8.1 (All 11 speakers)

Tried resetting the controller and bridge, but music still cuts off at times and can't upgrade the bridge and speakers.
Submitted a diagnostic, confirmation number 8101163.
Hi,
We keep having issues with the Sonos playback cutting in and out.
The internet speed is good (40mbps), and last night I went through and changed every wifi enabled device in the house that we could to 5GHz to reduce interference. So it is now pretty much just the Sonos on there 2.4GHz band.
I then scanned our area, and there are no other transmissions on Ch 6, so have set the Sonos to Ch 6. I have just rescanned, and the Sonos is the only device on that channel.
But this morning the music is still occasionally cutting in and out. Please help, its getting really frustrating.
Diagnostic number. 1500539342.