Play 5: gen2 Vertical wall mounts

• 6 August 2020
  • 7 replies

Badge

I wish to buy a pair of Play:5 gen 2 speakers (white) and am advised that they are best mounted vertically.  However, I seem unable to find a suitable wall mount. I contacted Flexson, who did make one, but it’s been discontinued due to very low demand.  Not having brackets is a showstopper for me. Does anyone have any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Any reason you couldn’t put a floating shelf to hold them? Or even a non floating shelf?

In past homes, I’ve used this to hold up speakers that I didn’t have mounts accessible. 

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/lack-wall-shelf-white-50282177/

Badge

Thank you for your response Bruce.  That is a potential option, as long as they would support the weight., However, we really would prefer to have brackets that you can’t really see. The speakers are quite attractive and it’s a pity to detract from that..  I’m not sure my wife would approve of shelves either, so we may have to pursue a different audio option, which is a shame.

Userlevel 7

Hi @Pellucid 

I don’t know why someone told you the Play 5’s sound better mounted vertically as Sonos makes no such claim. To your question the mounts are available from Sonos at this link.  Granted the white brackets are back ordered; but I see no reason why the darker mounts could not be painted white. Just use a good metal bonding paint.

Cheers!

Badge

Hi AjTrek1,

Thank you for your comments.  I was under the impression that if you have two speakers in stereo mode they are better if mounted vertically. This is from the forum. for example 

“Best answer by ShaQ

Here's what I've came across when trying the setup with a pair of play 5's which might help you decide:
* A pair will ALWAYS give you stereo imaging regardless the positioning as long as they are setup as stereo pair.
* If setup in a mid sized room, try vertical orientation with about 8ft distance between speakers and 12ft where you'd be listening from. This would provide crisp and tight stereo imaging for midsize room, as horizontal setup makes the highs a bit too harsh for smaller rooms (vertical setup turns off/down the outer tweeters).
* For large rooms with bigger stereo imaging horizontal is best
* Try trueplay tunning if possible”

However, if horizontal is equally good then that does open up some options.  

Thank you.

I too have the same issue, as I’m unable to locate any vertical wall mounts (my preference is vertical - I appreciate the various discussions about horizontal and vertical). 

I’ve seen Vebos brackets but not 100% sure they’re as secure as the Flexson. 

I’m UK based so any help would be greatly appreciated (I don’t want to use shelving). 

Hello
Did you find a solution ? I am also looking for vertical wall brackets