Answered

Updates removed my local music library and now I get Error code 913

Userlevel 3

How do I fix it?  I have an iphone with the new app, and when I update my sonos desktop software, music library is gone. Never I buy again sonos each time is complicated

icon

Best answer by Updates removed my local music 17 May 2024, 18:52

View original

83 replies

Userlevel 1

Same here, everything is gone after installing the update. Useless

can not find my speakers anymore!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Music library returning in June. 

Userlevel 1

hello

i have the same pb since the last update ! impossible to reconnect my library on a nas with netgear AP on a same local area !!

what can i do 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

hello

i have the same pb since the last update ! impossible to reconnect my library on a nas with netgear AP on a same local area !!

what can i do 

Wait till June?

Userlevel 1

It’s incredible !! Why distribute a new version if it is not operative !!!!

thanks for your answer !

Userlevel 3

No I don’t wait until june I buy today a new speakers MARSHALL Bluetooth

adios amigos Sonos !

Very poor company

Userlevel 2

I too got the update today. When I tried to add my music library to my Sonos, I ended getting an error code 913. One of the reason I I went to Sonos was to play my Apple I-Tunes music collection through there speakers. The ability to play my music collection just went away today. I was able to play my music when the new app first came out. If this is how it is going to be, I will be very upset with Sonos. 

I lost my iTunes Music Library when updating to the new Sonos App for IOS 80.0. However my Sonos Controller for MacOs still worked until this morning.  You can no longer connect to your Music Library without a Sonos 913 error code.  

I’ve decided to listen to my library though Apple Air Play to my Sonos Port/Stereo & Speaker System and wait until (hopefully) mid-June when Sonos gets their not-ready-for-prime-time applications capable of connecting to and be able to use your iTunes Music Library. Not a good roll-out Sonos! 😣

Userlevel 4
Badge

Here is the fix for a PC. It takes two minutes:

1. Find a music folder that you want to “share” with SONOS (i.e. navigate to the folder on the PC).
  2. Right click on the folder
  3. Select “Properties” from menu
  4. Select “Sharing” tab
  5. Click “Share...” button (opens “Network Access” window)
  6. Select your SONOS system from the pulldown menu in the center of the window.
  7. Click “Share” button at the bottom of the “Network Access” window 
  8. It took SONOS 10 minutes to add my library of 10K+ songs

Userlevel 1

It’s incredible !! Why distribute a new version if it is not operative !!!!

thanks for your answer !

Sono’s didn’t realize the new version wasn’t operative. (You seriously didn’t consider human error as a possibility?)  The tests for the new version worked for the small team and the small set of configurations the Sonos user base has. But the Sonos engineering team and testing team failed massively.  The problem is that their New Version rollout strategy didn’t include all the configurations used by Sonos’s customers.  So it’s not that Sono’s knew it wasn’t operative but decided to release it anyway. Instead, they revealed they aren’t able to perform the job their paygrade needed. That’s interesting you thought they knowingly released a non-working product. You’ve led a charmed life, never having bought something and found it didn’t meet expectations. I guess jesus guides the choices of his faithful christians for most of their lives, guiding the true believers so they don’t get frustrated with choosing a faulty product or losing their money to the Madoff’s and the  crypto scammers. 

Userlevel 1

Scrubbrush resolve a part of this pb ! This is a pb to attribute authorisation (read, write, … ) at the folder !! This is ok for a library installed on pc local folder! But for a library installed on a NAS system running on local network ! It doesn’t run !!!

Userlevel 1

Thanks scrubbrush !

I attribute the right all to the NAS shared folders and when I restart the iOS application the library appears !! It’s really a pb of attribution of the rights (read,write, …) to this shared folder’s !! 
thanks 

Userlevel 1

Here is the fix for a PC. It takes two minutes:

1. Find a music folder that you want to “share” with SONOS (i.e. navigate to the folder on the PC).
  2. Right click on the folder
  3. Select “Properties” from menu
  4. Select “Sharing” tab
  5. Click “Share...” button (opens “Network Access” window)
  6. Select your SONOS system from the pulldown menu in the center of the window.
  7. Click “Share” button at the bottom of the “Network Access” window 
  8. It took SONOS 10 minutes to add my library of 10K+ songs

Thanks for this. It didn’t work for me - but going to the ADVANCED SHARING and adding Sonos wifi and ‘all permissions’ worked for me.  CAUTION. It did NOT work for sharing or permissions on a DRIVE.  I have multiple folders on an external drive. I had to allow share and permissions on each folder on the drive individually! Why Sonos why? Pain in the arse. Thanks for nothing Sonos. I was a fan but having chase down tech issues is NOT why I bought the system. The android ap sucks too! Good lord! 

Userlevel 1

Thanks a lot !

i have also a NAS system (usb key) on a switch netgear ! When the network down it is necessary to reapply those authorizations on the shared folders !! It not very simple !! 
best regards 

Userlevel 1

Its crazy that Sonos can figure this out. Another pain is the limit on folders! I can't remember but its 15 or so. Very limiting. 

Did as you suggested, and got it to share - but still the same issue when I go back to Sonos - 913 error ?

Userlevel 1

Did as you suggested, and got it to share - but still the same issue when I go back to Sonos - 913 error ?

I had that too...but i went back and checked the share abd permissions and they hadn't saved when I first did it.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Is there an alternative to Sonos system speakers?   I think I want to “bail out” of Sonos completely.  This is the worst.  In the past, there were problems of not being able to connect to amazon music services, of being unable to connect to the Music Library, but one could always delete and then add the Music Library!

I checked the sharing status of my music folder and it is shared to SONOS.  But I still get the 913 error.  I am also having an issue with Sirius XM, but haven’t checked to see if it’s fine outside of Sonos yet.

Userlevel 1

I checked the sharing status of my music folder and it is shared to SONOS.  But I still get the 913 error.  I am also having an issue with Sirius XM, but haven’t checked to see if it’s fine outside of Sonos yet.

Wow...its frustrating!

Userlevel 1

The NAS must be compatible with the norm « ready share » for windows !

The fix for this, and the only customer focused fix, is to role back to the app that worked and do not release a new app until it has been properly tested by people who know what they are doing. We all make mistakes in life and sonos have clearly made one here but instead of fixing it quickly, with an app roll back, they expect us customers to what until, at best mid June, this is a disgrace, why are the paying customers suffering due to someone's monumental mistake?

Great that since summer has finally arrived sonos decide nows a good time to remove the ability to play our music. Nice one Sonos!!

Scrubbrush fix is not working for me (I’m on Windows 11).  I have followed the instructions, but I still get the 913 error when I try to add any folders.  What a joke - no support at all from Sonos on this issue which is affecting many customers - why don’t they acknowledge the issue and publish an official work around or provide details of when it is going to get fixed?  

Userlevel 1

Exactly !! Only a library on a pc running windows is operating ! First it’s necessary to connect with the pc to use this library with your phone iOS !!

the best is to roll back the application !! Et wait a new release !!! It’s incredible !!!

…. and I am the next victim of having lost all my formerly imported playlists after after updating to the new SONOS iOS App. It is inconceivable how in 2024 an App update can gotten so messed up. Even worse that there is no Sonos response on how to fix it. There is only one answer: Roll back to the prior Sonos App so that Sonos users can still play their own music.

Spent an hour on the web trying to find a solution for this --- many well meaning suggestions, but inevitably I still end up with 913 Errors --- and I am not sure even if I overcome the 913 error  Sonos app would allow me to play my music?