Answered

Updates removed my local music library and now I get Error code 913

Show first post

83 replies

Since I haven’t received any follow-up email, I thought I’d get on Live Chat and provide a case # in the faint hope of getting a status report. The website says “Representatives are Available” and the timeframe is until 11 pm ET (or 8 PT; it’s 1:30 pm PT as we speak). I get the bot and ask for a live agent. The reply is “Our live chat agents aren't available at the moment, but you can reach our team on the phone by calling (800) 680-2345 for assistance.”  Righto!  You can call and wait for well over an hour to get someone who has no idea how to solve the 913 problem. 

I know I am sounding plain crabby now, but I seriously want to warn any potential Sonos buyers away from making a purchase at this time. The system is NOT reliable and support is exceptionally hard to reach - and when you finally reach them, they appear ill-equipped to solve a problem that has undoubtedly effected thousands of users. In fact, they don’t even seem to know (or admit) that it is a nationwide problem. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

I got all excited for nothing - I checked to see if they ever released the promised update. They did… Except I still get the same error code and can’t access my library folders. I think it’s clear Sonos is just giving us all the middle finger now.

Dear Sonos, regarding error code 913 how is your update fix coming along? Chop chop.

En el año 2015 compré mi primer SONOS y desde entonces he continuado adquiriendo otros altavoces SONOS. Actualmente tengo 5 altavoces. Siempre me ha parecido genial.

Lamentablemente, en los últimos seis meses, la aplicación de SONOS presenta constantes desactivaciones. Sin embargo, lo peor es el cambio de la App SONOS, pues esta es notablemente deficiente respecto a la versión anterior, con el agravante de la imposibilidad de acceder a la propia biblioteca de música, que en mi caso contiene más de 21.000 canciones, a las que no he podido acceder desde SONOS desde hace un mes.

Lo que no tiene justificación alguna es que SONOS no ha hecho nada para solucionar este problema, lo cual deja un muy mal sabor a quienes hemos sido fieles seguidores de SONOS desde hace tantos años.

La obligación legal, ética y comercial de SONOS es solucionar este problema de inmediato.

I really feel for you guys.

I found this fix with a few tweeks did it for me on my Windows computer, but I see hundreds if not thousands with other devices having real issues.

I am still not confident that my fix will last.

I had similar experiences to others with customer “Services”.

When they couldn’t help me and gave me a number to call, after waiting for about 20 minutes I got told they would ring me back as the wait time was140 minutes!

Never heard from them

The problem is how do we get them to hear, listen and act?

Regards

Jeff Banks

Ni la solución de helpingiskind" @HelpingIsKind como tampoco la solución de Jeff Banks Música funcionaron. ES deber de lealtad comercial de SONOS solucionar de inmediato este problema que impide el uso de la música propia en SONOS, de lo contrario lo que hace SONOS es ilegal al obligar a sus usuarios a comprar servicios de música para poder utilizar los altavoces SONOS. Eso es una venta atada, y está prohibido por la ley.

Ni la solución de Helpingiskind" @HelpingIsKind ni la solución de Jeff Banks Music funcionaron. Es deber de lealtad comercial de SONOS solucionar de inmediato este problema que impide el uso de su propia música en SONOS, de lo contrario lo que hace SONOS es ilegal al obligar a sus usuarios a comprar servicios de música para poder utilizar los altavoces SONOS. Esa es una venta empatada y está prohibida por la ley.

Userlevel 3
Badge

What an absolute horror show Sonos has become.

I finally found a work-around on my Windows 10 machine (I’ll share it below), but no thanks to Sonos for never thinking to publish a response.

Guess they can’t be bothered while they hunt for new victims/customers.

I’m more committed than ever to dump Sonos for my new whole house system but, at least, I can listen to my own music again until their next nightmarish & boneheaded move.

BTW: Their latest update did NOTHING to resolve this issue - I got the same error code post-update trying to access my library.

Here’s the Windows 10 Band-Aid work-around I found (should work on 11 too):

1. Right click your music folder
  2. Click Properties
  3. Select the Sharing tab
  4. Click Advanced Sharing
  5. Click Permissions
  6. Mark all three permissions boxes as ‘Allow’
  7. Click OK (box closes)
  8. Click OK again (box closes)
  9. Click Share
  10. If not there, add Sonos Wireless HiFi System
  11. If not selected, Set Permission Level to Read
  12. Click Share
  13. Click Done (box closes)
  14. Click Close

Here’s the rub: Anything in your root drive music folder is now accessible to Sonos. If you store your music files on another drive, you’ll need to physically copy those folders/files to your music folder on the root drive. I have an SSD for my C: drive which has limited space and is intended only for the Windows OS and programs/apps, not at all meant for file storage. For that I have other multi-terabyte drives. My music folder (on the SSD drive) will not hold all the audio files I own, so I can only move a portion of my library to be accessible by Sonos.

And not a peep from them on the issue THEY created - Great customer service guys!

Count on me letting everyone know to avoid your products like the plague.

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

Gracias a Ragman_RS. Lamentablemente la solución propuesta no me funcionó. Continuo con el mismo error 913. TERRIBLE que, a diferencia de sus altavoces, SONOS guarde silencio total respecto a este tema. La lealtad que tuvimos con SONOS al adquirir sus altavoces, no se ha visto retribuida por SONOS. Completamente desleal SONOS con sus clientes.