Skip to main content
Answered

Symfonisk bookshelf not registered

• 10 May 2024
  • 9 replies

Hi, bought a Symfonisk Booshelf today. Wanted to add it to the excisting Sonos Network with a Symfonisk lamp and a One. It doesn’t want to.

The speakers I had are in the list, the Symfonisk bookshelf is found. When adding I go through the works and when it comes to adding the speaker to the account the error pops up. 

“Not able to register bookshelf” when i press SOLVE it takes me to the motion of pressing some buttons but still it is not added.

Does anyone have a clue how I can fix this? After a few hours I am still flabbergasted.

ps. When using Spotify the speaker is found and I can stream to it. 

ppss Yes I did a factory reset about 7 times ;)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Badge

I’m in the same boat, but I have 2 out of 6 that work after swapping WiFi networks.  All were working before on OS S2 v16.1.1, but today the same as you.  All my other SonoS equipment made the jump, but the Symfonisk is a mystery.  I see them on my network, but the registering or even joining an existing room will not work.  Add on the part where we cannot even update our alarms after the last update is another fix that needs to be addressed.

Exactly the same here. Tried everything. Guess something is wrong on Sonos side?

I have the same issue trying to add two new symphonisk bookshelves to my account this morning.

They are both found, connected, updated and then fail to register.

same for me :(

Did someone contact Sonos about this? I tried calling, there was a 70 minute queue and I could not wait that long sadly...

This worked for me!

Yes! That worked :) Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have the same issue trying to add two new symphonisk bookshelves to my account since this * upgrade.

They are both found, connected, updated and then fail to register.

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

Hi, I had same problem adding Symfonisk bookshelf speakers which don't register. Factory reset the speaker's. Then start the process of adding to Sonos again, but do NOT add them to the room you actually want them in. Do this one speaker at a time but add them to completely different rooms. This will allow them to register to your Sonos account. Once both speakers show as registered go to your soundbar, mine is the Arc, in the app. Your app/account will no know that you have surround capable speakers and show the option to Add Surround speakers. Do this process and the app will automatically change the room allocation to the room that the soundbar is in and then proceed to the setup process. Done!