Roam Stereo Pair randomly unpair.

• 5 November 2021
  • 31 replies

Badge

Just as my Sonos Play:1 and Sonos Play:3 is setup in Stereo, og had the same intention with my new Sonos Roam.

After Stereo Paring, they can stay paired for some days, but unfortunately, they keep randomly unpairing for some reason, and i have to start over again.

The Roam unpairing can happen out of the blue, - or when network/power or something else do change. Though, my Sonos Play:1 and Play:3 keep being Stereo Paired. So Why Not the Same With Roam?

I hope this will be fixed.

31 replies

I just received my second ROAM and stereo paired them, they continuously  drop off, sometimes both drop off and are no longer appear on the controller then one starts playing but I an no longer able to control them. I have reset and paired these over and over. Also I notice if I move them all bet are off, pairing goes away on one or both sometimes I’m  <10ft from my router sometimes and it’s called ROAM? 

This is very frustrating there is a major bug. I’ve had SONOS products since 2006 and have never had so many issues.

Badge

Same issue here. It used to work (upon release date) but some update broke it for sure. Now IF the pairing succeeds I get only one speaker to work, and breaking the stern pair enables the other speaker. Yup, strange. But then when I change the volume from the source it only becomes effective on 1 speaker since it doesn’t have a stereo pair.

It just doesn’t work, also not in my other house (with different WiFi obviously) so that can’t be the issue. I’m going back to old school receiver and cabled speakers and play from CD. That always works since there aren’t any software updates.

Same issue here. It used to work (upon release date) but some update broke it for sure. Now IF the pairing succeeds I get only one speaker to work, and breaking the stern pair enables the other speaker. Yup, strange. But then when I change the volume from the source it only becomes effective on 1 speaker since it doesn’t have a stereo pair.

It just doesn’t work, also not in my other house (with different WiFi obviously) so that can’t be the issue. I’m going back to old school receiver and cabled speakers and play from CD. That always works since there aren’t any software updates.

Stereo pairing of Roams is working here for me. I did do some testing of this, quite recently, as outlined here in this thread:

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/sonos-pair-disconnecting-on-a-daily-basis-6872136?postid=16604312#post16604312

I couldn’t get the pair to fall apart at all.

Badge

Stereo pairing of Roams is working here for me. I did do some testing of this, quite recently, as outlined here in this thread:

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/sonos-pair-disconnecting-on-a-daily-basis-6872136?postid=16604312#post16604312

I couldn’t get the pair to fall apart at all.

Thanks for this! I’ll check my WiFi (again) but the thing is, it used to work reasonably well. Now pairing as stereo often fails (“try again”) and when it succeeds I only hear one speaker. Then I break the pair and both speakers play, albeit in mono. And when I change the volume only one speaker adjusts. Must be a firmware issue as well….

Thanks for this! I’ll check my WiFi (again) but the thing is, it used to work reasonably well. Now pairing as stereo often fails (“try again”) and when it succeeds I only hear one speaker. Then I break the pair and both speakers play, albeit in mono. And when I change the volume only one speaker adjusts. Must be a firmware issue as well….

I’m not seeing the issue here personally speaking, nor seeing too many similar complaints about this, considering how many Roams are probably out there… what you can do though, is whenever you encounter a problem like this and are able to easily reproduce it, is take a system diagnostic report within 20 minutes, or so, of noticing the issue. Note the diagnostic reference number and then speak/chat to Sonos Support Staff about the issue and see if they can see where the problems are, whether that’s with the speakers, or the local network.

Hope the links included above assist you to get the matter sorted.

Badge

Hi Ken, sorry for not responding any sooner…

Thanks ever so much for replying with a useful tip: I've just experienced the issue again at home, so submitted the diag. Hope they will take a look after I’ve spoken to them, and can find the culprit.

Thanks again,

Phil