Skip to main content
Question

Sonos App v 80.00.08 Released

Look out, an update to the new app just dropped. Anyone update yet?

If you don’t want this turn off auto updates ASAP

If you are feeling brave or self loathing, update and let us know how good or bad  it is🤣

As is typical there are no Release Notes yet.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Probably worth a go.  There’s not much more to break is there?

If it bricks everything, I’m digging out my CD player ...

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

ALARMS are back in the app on this release. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I have an iPad and an Android phone. iPad has just been updated - App looks the same so cannot see what the update actually did. Update isn’t showing yet for the phone so that has not been done yet.

EDIT - just seen the post about Alarms being back. That is good at least. And now Android phone has also been updated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Do you have a local library? Unless it's smbv 2/3 then it won't work any more. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Do you have a local library? Unless it's smbv 2/3 then it won't work any more. 

I don’t. Maybe this update only put the Alarms back anyway 

Personally, I am waiting for the queue editing/faves editing to come back!

lol if course I update but if course Alarms aren’t there. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

That is odd as they are back on both my iPad and Android Phone? They are 2nd in that list on my devices. 

Badge +1

Mine are back. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Look out, an update to the new app just dropped. Anyone update yet?

If you don’t want this turn off auto updates ASAP

If you are feeling brave or self loathing, update and let us know how good or bad  it is🤣

As is typical there are no Release Notes yet.

Nah. I’ll wait this one out. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

No alarm settings for me on 80.00.08 on iPhone iOS.

They were available briefly when I was running 80.00.02 on iOS, but have disappeared since 80.00.04 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I have them back on my iPad 80.00.08 version of the app and my 80.00.05 Android version updated not long ago.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I have alarms back but if you try to create a new one, you can have a chime but good luck trying to use Apple/amazon music for your source. I seem to have a very old google playlist which I can’t delete and also can’t access. 

I seem to have my old alarms which shuffle my Amazon music tracks but I haven’t figured out a way to use Apple Music should I need to as the source. 

Nothing in this new app is intuitive  

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

80.00.08 and SONOS both look the same in a reflection (upside down) 😀

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Why the jump to 80? Could the 8 symbolise the infinity symbol on its side, signifying a perpetual beta?

Cette nouvelle application avec soit disant de grandes innovations est totalement inexploitable avec des bugs et des régressions indignes d’une pareille marque. A ne surtout pas installer, le retour en arrière avec IOS est impossible. 

Que les informaticiens travaillant pour Sonos retournent à leur clavier, la pente va être dure à remonter. Pour info, avec cette application, impossible de répartir différentes sources sur  différentes enceintes. C’était la force de Sonos; à ne surtout pas installer, aux risques que votre système ne soit inexploitable. Inimaginable qu’une application aussi buggée ait été déployée?

Moderator edit:
Google Translate-

This new application with so-called great innovations is completely unusable with bugs and regressions unworthy of such a brand. Do not install, going back with IOS is impossible.

Let the IT professionals working for Sonos return to their keyboards, the slope will be difficult to climb back up. FYI, with this application, it is impossible to distribute different sources to different speakers. This was the strength of Sonos; Do not install it, as there is a risk that your system will be unusable. Unimaginable that such a buggy application was deployed?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Why the jump to 80? Could the 8 symbolise the infinity symbol on its side, signifying a perpetual beta?

If you look at the speaker build of 16.2 it’s actually 16.2 (Version 79.0-52294). Im wondering if 16.3 or 17 will be 80.0…… to tie in with the new hardware releases?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Informative release notes:

https://support.sonos.com/en/article/release-notes-for-sonos-software-updates

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Alarms are back in iOS, in addition to updating iOS App, I needed to do a Sonos System Update to 16.2 (I was running 16.1.1)

Release notes above don’t list the 16.2, just the App version 80.00.08 ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Same here: I had alarms (without editing) prior to 80.00.08, now alarms are missing entirely.

UPDATE: see my post below on how to get alarms working.

Same here: I had alarms (without editing) prior to 80.00.08, now alarms are missing entirely. Clearly one of the key innovations of the “server-in-the-middle” architecture is delivering random user experiences!

Yeah I don’t get it. I’m not mad at this point, I’m finding all the peculiarities rather amusing. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Watch out for the STEALTH UPDATES  - auto update OFF makes no difference.  2 androids and ipad updated without permission. 

SOFTWARE ABDUCTION & KIDNAP 😝

Watch out for the STEALTH UPDATES  - auto update OFF makes no difference.  2 androids and ipad updated without permission. 

SOFTWARE ABDUCTION & KIDNAP 😝

CLASS ACTION NOW  oh wait just delete and side load. You good. 🤣

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

The search function on iPad still gives me the "something went wrong message". So damn annoying.

The search function on iPad still gives me the "something went wrong message". So damn annoying.

It’s these random bugs that are kind of scary tbh. So many posts like yours of random issues. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I’VE CRACKED THE CODE! Alarms make a triumphant return once you have the 80.00.08 app and the 16.2 firmware. This makes sense (well, as much as anything nowadays makes sense) with the new server-in-the-middle architecture.

I am running the new app on some devices and v16.1 on other devices, and I can confirm that the 16.2 firmware does not barf on v16.1 controllers. YMMV, natch.