Recent 15.1 update - Sonos Boost 'Updating' (looks like an app glitch)

Show first post

247 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @John76 

My Sonos Amp says 15.1, the Boost and Play3 says updating.

Ah - thanks for reporting that. In that case, you should be able to verify the software versions on a device that was not used to initiate the update. 

It really doesn’t look like the issue is with the update going through successfully, so there shouldn’t be a need to check for updates again.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

My Play 3 was fixed by unplugging it from AC for ten seconds and plugging it back it.  Problem resolved in a couple minutes.  Will try it with the Boost when I get a chance.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

My Play 3 was fixed by unplugging it from AC for ten seconds and plugging it back it.  Problem resolved in a couple minutes.  Will try it with the Boost when I get a chance.

I had speakers behaving badly and that did sort mine too. Doing this did not sort the boost though and in fact, made things worse lol. Ended up with other speakers saying they were not connected and had to re-boot them individually.

So now I’m leaving the Boost to say it’s updating, or I’m logging out of my account

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Unplugged the Boost, waited ten seconds, plugged it back in.  Several minutes later problem resolved.  All my Sonos is now operating correctly and updated to 15.1.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Unplugged the Boost, waited ten seconds, plugged it back in.  Several minutes later problem resolved.  All my Sonos is now operating correctly and updated to 15.1.

You’re lucky for now lol. Mine sometimes seems ok, but then goes back to ‘updating’ with it’s little blue dot 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @John76 

That’s great to hear! Thanks for sharing!

I would recommend everyone reboot their entire systems - once all units are off, turn on the Boost and other ethernet-wired devices first, and when it/they has/have a solid, white light, turn on the rest.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

You’re lucky for now lol. Mine sometimes seems ok, but then goes back to ‘updating’ with it’s little blue dot 😀

You’re right!  My Boost is now showing updating with the blue dot.  At least the system is working and showing all devices at 15.1.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

You’re right!  My Boost is now showing updating with the blue dot.  At least the system is working and showing all devices at 15.1.

Yeah this is exactly what happened with me so I’m not going to re-boot anything else again now while the system is actually working (all be it with the Boost blue dot issue)

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @John76 

I was wondering if we had jumped the gun a little there, but I’m glad to hear the situation has improved for you, even if it has not been completely resolved.

Same issue as well. Everything seems to be working fine though  

Badge

Same here since yesterdays update to 15.1 diagnostic 1494812019

Userlevel 2

Same issue here as well since update. 

Badge

Re-booted...same o…However now my Move cannot find local wifi (it can’t use SONOSNet). Might be a seperate issue. 

Anyways...why should we have to re-boot all devices (13 in my case) each time we need to apply dot update? I get it for full versions.

Do I get impression that SONOSNet is on the road to deprecation? If so, before it happens let’s hope that SONOS can figure out means and ways of working around network congestion….of which I got plenty. 

Same o...

I also have the same, was told by support that boost had updated anyway. Not going to overly worry but it is a bit poor that it keeps showing. I also lost my surround sound SL 1 speakers as well and had to get in contact with the support team

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I also have the same, was told by support that boost had updated anyway. Not going to overly worry but it is a bit poor that it keeps showing. I also lost my surround sound SL 1 speakers as well and had to get in contact with the support team

I feel the same. Annoying but so long as everything is working then that’s something I guess. Last night when I noticed it, I was rebooting the Boost, and my router. Ended up having to re-start my bloody sub and surrounds for the Beam as they stopped working after I did this. Got them back so now I will leave well alone until Sonos fix this bug.

Hi

Did the update last night and ever since, my Boost sporadically shows as ‘updating’ on the app, with a blue dot next to it. It does sometimes show as normal but then reverts to this ‘updating’ status. It isn’t updating though and everything seems to be working fine. 

So looks like just a glitch and I have noticed folks on Reddit also commented the same.

Anyone else got this little issue?

Same issue here 

Userlevel 1

Same here. Boost intermittently shows as "Updating". Online Chat not working either due to a System issue. Will leave it a day or two to see if it gets resolved. 

Badge +1

Hi @John76 

I would recommend everyone reboot their entire systems - once all units are off, turn on the Boost and other ethernet-wired devices first, and when it/they has/have a solid, white light, turn on the rest.

Why does Sonos refuse to put this functionality into the app? Unplugging all of my Sonos devices every time I have to troubleshoot something is a major PITA only to discover this won’t fix the “Boost is being updated” bug that 15.1 has seemingly introduced.

FWIW, the problem comes and goes for me, too. Up until a couple of hours ago the Boost was periodically shown as “updating” since yesterday morning even after power-cycling the Boost a few times. Solid white light on the Boost even when the app was showing it was being updated. Now it is not showing as updating anymore but unless this is a server-side fix, I suspect I’ll see the Boost updating later today.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @John76 

Why does Sonos refuse to put this functionality into the app? Unplugging all of my Sonos devices every time I have to troubleshoot something is a major PITA only to discover this won’t fix the “Boost is being updated” bug that 15.1 has seemingly introduced.

FWIW, the problem comes and goes for me, too. Up until a couple of hours ago the Boost was periodically shown as “updating” since yesterday morning even after power-cycling the Boost a few times. Solid white light on the Boost even when the app was showing it was being updated. Now it is not showing as updating anymore but unless this is a server-side fix, I suspect I’ll see the Boost updating later today.

I have the same. Very annoying earlier today and last night, but for the past couple of hours, it seems a bit better……………….

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

It's hit me too. Diagnosis 499024732.

I'll add 2 pics, one with the error and one without.

Badge +1

Hi @John76 

I have the same. Very annoying earlier today and last night, but for the past couple of hours, it seems a bit better……………….

Just after I posted my message, the Boost is updating again. Solid white light on the Boost, though.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

😁 - that does not surprise me and I’m expecting the same any time soon!

Same here. Same problem. Best to wait it out? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Same here. Same problem. Best to wait it out? 

I would say so yeah, so long as your speakers are working ok

Why should all this be happening to people's systems

No wonder there a lot apprehensive about doing updates

It may have something to do with the app

.. Aren't the updates tested by sonos.?