Recent 15.1 update - Sonos Boost 'Updating' (looks like an app glitch)

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

247 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

You can add me to those who have updated to 15.1 and now have the infamous blue dot warning that my Boost is still updating. Arc, sub, and surrounds appear to be working fine. Awaiting the fix also!

Update: Boost status light is on but not showing in my system now (still updating).

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Another QA failure by Sonos 😢

I’ve been having the same issue with the app showing that my Boost is updating.  I’ve just submitted a diagnostics and this is the number it generated - 1004650995.

Hopefully this will help with the resolution of the issue.

Add me to the blue dot on my boost.

Diagnostics #1720672943

Same problem with Boost update. 

Also, I have 10 Sonos speakers on the system and it always takes 15 seconds plus to sync and start play if i like most / all of the speakers. No issue with a few speakers.  This is annoying when starting a Playlist or album but makes it unworkable to play single tracks.  Any suggestions?  I upgraded my router to best available, added Sonos Boost, changed Sonos channels to all options, and full restart to system several times. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Evening, I’m getting the blue dot with the boost only

unplugged etc still the same 

diagnostic number 1694045

playback seems ok at this stage

pls advise

Boost related diagnostic

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Oh what fun Sonos is at times..come home to this crap…

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Oh the surprises Sonos gives to us..come home to this..was working fine for weeks..

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I feel a bit late to this party, but can add something to the blue dot mystery. Because I have a very old, very long house with solid stone walls I have two Boosts in my system which up until 15.1 have been working perfectly…

Not any more. Well, TBF they are still working but I get the picture below, no matter what I do in terms of unplugging/resetting etc. None of the suggestions above work for more than a few minutes.

Come on Sonos - your latest update has caused this problem. Sort it out please.

Same problem with my two Boost after update to 15.1. Swapping between “updating” and “Normal status”, Diagnostic = 1966580332

Hi

Did the update last night and ever since, my Boost sporadically shows as ‘updating’ on the app, with a blue dot next to it. It does sometimes show as normal but then reverts to this ‘updating’ status. It isn’t updating though and everything seems to be working fine. 

So looks like just a glitch and I have noticed folks on Reddit also commented the same.

Anyone else got this little issue?

Yes same issue. Always something with an update...

All my speakers and the boost were stuck ‘Updating’. Only the Roam and Move were ok. Unplugging the boost for 30 seconds resolved the issue temporarily, but my boost, sub and beam are back to ‘updating’

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Channel, for those of you that may have missed this earlier post. Temporary workaround:

1. Sign out of your Account
  2. Force close the app
  3. Restart the App
  4. DO NOT sign in again

As long as you do not sign in you should not get the blue indicator or Updating message and still have access to your speakers (but with limited App functionality)

Hopefully the amazing developers and QA team at Sonos fix this issue fast. 😣

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I have it too: diagnostics 456082248

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Same issue on iPad and iPhone with SONOS Boost showing that it is updating.

Diagnostic: 1949776229

1. Force Closed SONOS App iPhone
  2. Open SONOS App
  3. Performed a Reset App
  4. Connected to my SONOS system.
  5. BOOST is not showing the “Updating Dialog.”
  6. Closed SONOS App
  7. Open SONOS App 
  8. SONOS Boost is showing updating.
  9. Repeat step 1-8 with iPAD with the same results.
  10. The Windows APP updates without any errors and reports that the BOOS has been updated. (Boost Details: OS: S2, Version 15.1 Build 71138080 Hardware Version: 1.12.1.2-1.0 Series ID: A100 and VM:0)

Same issue here.

Badge +1

Same issue. Diagnostic #2002169591.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Has anyone with this issue been given a fix time frame by Sonos support?

Sonos support traditionally doesn’t give time frames for changes/fixes. They just happen, probably due to a mix of how long it takes to find and resolve the issue, and how much QA time is necessary to ensure the ‘fix’ doesn’t break something else.  Then there’s the whole ‘teeing it up on the distribution stores’, too. I’d expect it will come as soon as they possibly can get it out. 

Badge

Same issue with Boost claiming it's updating, support ID 584565367

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hopefully everyone with the issue is reporting the issue with a diagnostic.  Otherwise there's no real picture of the scale of the problem.

Thankfully the latest bug doesn't seem to cause an issue with playing music though.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

What was wrong with the system before this 15.1 update ?? Again, another update that was forced upon us that’s now causing issues for so many. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Sonos support traditionally doesn’t give time frames for changes/fixes. They just happen, probably due to a mix of how long it takes to find and resolve the issue, and how much QA time is necessary to ensure the ‘fix’ doesn’t break something else.  Then there’s the whole ‘teeing it up on the distribution stores’, too. I’d expect it will come as soon as they possibly can get it out. 

QA? 🤣 its totalling lacking with Sonos, too many buggy updates rolled out too many times and then we have to wait ages for a fix.

Ah, apologies. Quality Assurance. Something that we in the software business both rely on desperately, and equally fear/hate. No matter how much Quality Assurance testing there may be, it’s never enough to cover every possible thing/system, and bugs can creep through. I can’t begin to tell you how many times I’ve been roasted for failures in QA. Never mind the fact that they capture 99.9% of the errors before they reach the public, the developers (and QA) get roasted for that .1%.