Recent 15.1 update - Sonos Boost 'Updating' (looks like an app glitch)

Show first post

247 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Flare - I had to re-boot a couple of Sonos Ones after doing what Corey suggested. Everything is now back though but the Boost updating thing persists.

I’m reluctant to do much more for fear of making things worse

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Flare 

Thanks for that additional info. As you’re unable to play, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team.

I am having the same issue but worse as it happens consistently. The blue dot and the words Updating appears randomly on different speakers on the device I used to run the update.

Does this mean that other controller devices don’t show the same issue?

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Thank you Sarah. So far I only dared to reboot the Boost but that made no difference. I will consider trying to reboot the Ones or everything but like you said I’m afraid too loose everything permanently. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Flare 

Thank you for that addition information. As you’re unable to play music, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team.

The blue dot and the words Updating appears randomly on different speakers on the device I used to run the update.

Does this mean the issue only appears on that one device, and other’s don't exhibit it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @jamrod 

Understood - thanks for trying!

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Flare 

Thanks for that additional info. As you’re unable to play, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team.

I am having the same issue but worse as it happens consistently. The blue dot and the words Updating appears randomly on different speakers on the device I used to run the update.

Does this mean that other controller devices don’t show the same issue?

Hi Corry. So far ONLY the device which ran the update appears to have this issue. I checked 3 other iOS devices in my household and they don’t seem to exhibit the same behaviour…for now at least. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@daglish @jamrod @Blaubaer82275 @Reflux69 

Can you please confirm that your ability to play music on your Sonos system has not been affected by this issue, as repor​​​​​ted by ​​@Flare

@SarahN - I know you already said that it’s not in your case - thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Flare 

Thank you! I can’t imagine this not being important information!

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Flare  - re-boot your devices that are showing not online and they should be OK. My system is showing ok in the app again now but the Boost updating thing is still there. Just checked a few speakers to make sure they are playing OK and they are thankfully.

Seems like an App issue to me

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@daglish @jamrod @Blaubaer82275 @Reflux69 

Can you please confirm that your ability to play music on your Sonos system has not been affected by this issue, as repor​​​​​ted by ​​@Flare

@SarahN - I know you already said that it’s not in your case - thanks!

Yeah I can play stuff fine and just checked my HT set up too as that has the Sub mini and 2 surrounds attached. All ok there

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@Corry P I can confirm using an unaffected device I can play music. But on the device that exhibits the problem (the one used to update to 15.1) I can only play when no issues are reported (no blue dots) but at the moment this is a small window of a few minutes then I loose connection again. 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Corry P - your suggestions above do not resolve the issue. Sonos Boost shows still „Updating“ with blue dot.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Corry P 

Another thing that might be my imagination is that when I use my TV and then switch it off, it seems to take ages for the Beam room on my app, to stop showing that the TV is still on (if you get what I mean). I swear it used to go back to saying ‘no music selected’ way faster than it is at the moment?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

If fact I’m sure what I just wrote is also a strange glitch 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

It is like the App is just being really odd right now

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Flare @SarahN @daglish @jamrod @Blaubaer82275 @Reflux69 

Given that @Flare reports that only one of his controller devices is affected, I believe that there’s a good chance that resetting the affected Sonos app may help.

Settings » App Preferences » Reset App » Reset

Close the app afterwards, then re-open and choose “Connect to an Existing System”.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Corry P I did mention earlier that I even REMOVED and reinstalled the app and that did not help. Isn’t that better than resetting the app?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @Flare @SarahN @daglish @jamrod @Blaubaer82275 @Reflux69 

Given that @Flare reports that only one of his controller devices is affected, I believe that there’s a good chance that resetting the affected Sonos app may help.

Settings » App Preferences » Reset App » Reset

Close the app afterwards, then re-open and choose “Connect to an Existing System”.

I hope this helps.

Still the same lol - you gotta laugh! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @SarahN 

@Corry P

Another thing that might be my imagination is that when I use my TV and then switch it off, it seems to take ages for the Beam room on my app, to stop showing that the TV is still on (if you get what I mean). I swear it used to go back to saying ‘no music selected’ way faster than it is at the moment?

I think this is most likely due to intermittent communication restrictions on the network between the app and the Associated Product (shown in About my System, this is the device chosen to be responsible for updating the app with live system information) - a reboot of the router and/or the Associated Product may help. The same thing is possibly responsible for the blue dot coming and going.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Flare 

Hi @Corry P I did mention earlier that I even REMOVED and reinstalled the app and that did not help. Isn’t that better than resetting the app?

Probably, yes - apologies for missing that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Same here - sometimes it’s fine then it randomly tells me Boost is updating.

523561468 submitted.

All components report being at Build 71138080.

As I was typing and read the Boost version it then toggled to ‘Boost - Updating’.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@Corry P  I’m beginning to think it’s possibly an account / database related issue now. If I sign out, close the app and start the app again without signing in everything’s great, no blue dots no updating notification. 

the moment I sign in, the blue dots come back along with the Updating notice!

that would explain why the other devices I tested did not exhibit the problem, none of them sign in!

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @SarahN 

@Corry P

I think this is most likely due to intermittent communication restrictions on the network between the app and the Associated Product (shown in About my System, this is the device chosen to be responsible for updating the app with live system information) - a reboot of the router and/or the Associated Product may help. The same thing is possibly responsible for the blue dot coming and going.

I hope this helps.

I did try re-booting my router last night when the blue dot issue first arose to no avail so I don’t really want to do that again as I’m supposed to be working from home haha. 

Surely this sounds like a glitch in the app itself following this update?

I’m inclined to leave it alone now seeing as my speakers seem to work ok, and hope for a further update to fix the blue dot?

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Signed in…

Sign out, close app and restart 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Flare

@Corry P  I’m beginning to think it’s possibly an account / database related issue now. If I sign out, close the app and start the app again without signing in everything’s great, no blue dots no updating notification. 

the moment I sign in, the blue dots come back along with the Updating notice!

that would explain why the other devices I tested did not exhibit the problem, none of them sign in!

Now that is useful/pertinent! Thank you - already passed along to my colleague (in fact, I think he’s just refreshing this page every minute now).