Recent 15.1 update - Sonos Boost 'Updating' (looks like an app glitch)

Show first post

247 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @beynym 

To be clear, you need to log out and stay logged out to keep the blue dot away.

Thanks @Corry P, I stand corrected!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Kos 

Corry, why have this very long thread only geeks will find instead of just writing directly to Boost users thru the app’s message interface … something like: Dear custormer. We are aware of some updating issues with the Boost. We will inform you as soon as we know more. Regards, Sonos

Magically everyone is now informed … no one have to make the thread longer, no one have to call Sonos all over the world… end of story :). Working with customer communications everyday I am genuinely curious. Have a nice weekend.

I can’t give you an answer to the “why” of it, but I can tell you that when I read it earlier I thought it was such a good idea that I did make a point of passing it up the chain, and I’m just about to add it to my weekly report too. Thank you!

I have the same problem! Have tried rebooting entire system and logging out/ into mobile app diagnostic: 1718290712

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @Kos 

Corry, why have this very long thread only geeks will find instead of just writing directly to Boost users thru the app’s message interface … something like: Dear custormer. We are aware of some updating issues with the Boost. We will inform you as soon as we know more. Regards, Sonos

Magically everyone is now informed … no one have to make the thread longer, no one have to call Sonos all over the world… end of story 🙂. Working with customer communications everyday I am genuinely curious. Have a nice weekend.

I can’t give you an answer to the “why” of it, but I can tell you that when I read it earlier I thought it was such a good idea that I did make a point of passing it up the chain, and I’m just about to add it to my weekly report too. Thank you!

Haha, great. Working with issues like this every day I really envy Sonos’ direct access to ALL your customers thru the app.. use the extremely valuable channel for more than advertising and ‘good advice’, use it to calm customers down also - that’s clever loyalty building :)

So basically quit looking at it. Don’t let it bother you. Look forward to the fix. I’m not looking at this anymore. Go away blue dot. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Dogdad 

OK good - that seems to have been the worst anyone has experienced with this issue, so I’m glad it’s improved somewhat!

Magically everyone is now informed … no one have to make the thread longer, no one have to call Sonos all over the world about the blue dot… end of story 🙂. Working with customer communications everyday I am genuinely curious. Have a nice weekend.

Well said!!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Kos 

Magically everyone is now informed … no one have to make the thread longer, no one have to call Sonos all over the world… end of story 🙂. Working with customer communications everyday I am genuinely curious. Have a nice weekend.

Thanks @Corry P appreciate you sending the feedback “up the chain” but if your senior people don’t understand basic customer communication Sonos as a company has some serious issues and wrong people in the job. Thanks again. 

Hi, just following up on this topic (first post here).

I have a Sub Mini experiencing these exact symptoms, it was connected to a Beam 1 and 2 Play:1s and working perfectly until yesterday evening. At point of update last night the Beam and Sub Mini were both failing to update to 15.1. I disconnected the devices from each other and the Beam then updated. The Sub Mini is now completely disconnected and shows as ‘unused’ in my devices list. It says it needs to be updated.

It won’t complete the update, failing at the ‘Finishing Up’ stage after taking a long time and therefore, because all of the other devices are on 15.1 it won’t join the system and so, my expensive subwoofer now is unusable.

When the update does error out, it does also have the blue dot with ‘updating’ next to the Sub Mini in the System Menu but obviously, it never works and eventually stops. And yes, I’ve tried rebooting routers, logging out, force close and everything suggested here.

same error „updating…“ 

the problem is not my router or my settings, everything was working fine before i update to 15.1!

so please sonos fix it, this is boring.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Hinksy99 

As you don’t own a Boost, you are somewhat off-topic here. I appreciate how you might feel the issue you experience is related, but I really don’t think it is.

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

Hi @Hinksy99 

As you don’t own a Boost, you are somewhat off-topic here. I appreciate how you might feel the issue you experience is related, but I really don’t think it is.

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

Well, I think you’re wrong, seeing as it’s exactly the same issue as everyone else with the Boost, but fine, I’ll pointlessly create another thread for ‘infinitely updating in 15.1 on a Sub Mini this time’.

I’m looking at it now, it says ‘Updating’ with a blue dot and it’s been that way for an hour. If I force close the app, just asks me to update.

Same on the Mac app, can’t update oh yeah!

Completely different issue. 

Delete your Mac controller. Go to the Sonos website and install a ‘new’ version. Make sure you choose ‘connect to existing system’ when prompted. 

This is the issue you’re dealing with on the Mac…

Diagnose 498797578

@Corry P i am having the same issue. I don’t have a boost but a number of other products. I am now unable to play music on anything. 

diagnose: 1515699183

Same issue here after update 15.1 (Boost stuck in updating status in app). Diagnostic #1179903065.

Diagnostic 909947161

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

If you’ve just come across this thread, we no longer need further diagnostics or reports. Thank you

Before posting please read the thread ……

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I have the same 15.1 update problem but without a Boost. The Sonos app (on android phone & also PC) reported that my system (Beam + 2 Play:1’s) must be updated but also said the app must be updated first. But the app is already the latest version (15.1). So I can't update my app (already with the latest version) or system and my system won't work properly without being updated. Many functions are greyed out in the app and I can't add back my Play:1 speakers which I reset to try to fix the problem (without success). My Play:1’s don't even appear when I scan for speakers to add, and using an ethernet cable from my router to the Play:1’s makes no difference. Error 1101 appears in the PC version of the app but no error code appears in the android version of the app. Sonos Customer Service wasn't able to fix it and denied any problem with app version 15.1 - however I think they're wrong.

Boost glitch here too.

thanks for the information

Badge +1

I have the same issue…

Diagnostic # 84366788

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Peter Pee just came out with his video that says do not update to 15.1 and doesn’t understand why they came out with it. 

Diagnostics 533599187

Badge +3

Same here.

same here: Number 714701382