Recent 15.1 update - Sonos Boost 'Updating' (looks like an app glitch)

Show first post

247 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Please update us on the findings and advise when we can expect a fix. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @SarahN 

I did try re-booting my router last night when the blue dot issue first arose to no avail so I don’t really want to do that again as I’m supposed to be working from home haha. 

Surely this sounds like a glitch in the app itself following this update?

I’m inclined to leave it alone now seeing as my speakers seem to work ok, and hope for a further update to fix the blue dot?

By all means, leave things alone seeing as your ability to play is unaffected - I have no doubt that this is a bug, but that’s not to say that in your case there isn’t something else going on too. It will be easier to tell once this issue is out of the way, however, as it could very well be affecting the app’s responsiveness.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@SarahN just curios if you sign out from your app does the blue dot on the boost go away?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Corry P - thanks. Yes I will leave alone now until a fix is found for the blue dot thingy.

Everything worked fine my side before that anyway, so I’m sure odd occurring's are just related to this little issue now.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@SarahN just curios if you sign out from your app does the blue dot on the boost go away?

Not really looked and to be honest, it comes and goes anyway. For instance, I’m looking now at my app and the blue dot is gone. But I know it will come back again. I will log out and leave it logged out for a while to check

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@SarahN you will need to log out, close the app and then start it back again and remain logged out. 

I have did that 30 mins ago and all good so far. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@SarahN you will need to log out, close the app and then start it back again and remain logged out. 

I have did that 30 mins ago and all good so far. 

Logged out now at 12.37 so let’s see how long it can last, not showing the blue dot 😀

Userlevel 1

I can report - same as flare - seems an issue with the account sync - reset app, all ok,

1/ sign in - red dots on my speakers and cannot play anything,

2/ sign out from account, restart the app, stay signed out - system works great and NO red dots.

3/ sign in and the red dots are back and no access to speakers

4/ sign out and restart app. Stay signed out - system great 

so - an issue with app and account sync introduced with v15.1

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Can I just check that all of us with issues all have Boosts?

Userlevel 1

@SarahN i have this on all Speakers- I donot have boost. So this issue may be impacting more than boost.

also. If I am signed in and I click the red dot (impacted speaker) the Sonos app crashes straight away.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@SarahN i have this on all Speakers- I donot have boost. So this issue may be impacting more than boost.

also. If I am signed in and I click the red dot (impacted speaker) the Sonos app crashes straight away.

Ok - I only have the issue with the Boost saying it’s updating when it’s not, with the blue dot next to it. So it seems a wider issue to do with the accounts then.

I am still logged out 10 mins now with no issues so that seems to suggest it’s our account syncs that’s the issue

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Corry P - shall we just stay logged out for now?

Userlevel 1

@Corry P - I can confirm @Mjagpal observations above.

A clear issue with app and account sync introduced by version 15.1 

Signed out - all clean 

Signed in - blue dot on Boost (updating)

I never had this issue before and I haven‘t changed anything in my setup. It arrived with v15.1

I think you need to come up with a resolution of the issue in v15.1.1

Userlevel 1

I have logged this support team as well - case number 04754726. Spent 2 hours on this and troubleshooting the network. Speakers. Resetting everything- only to get to the point that it is a sign in account issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @SarahN

@Corry P - shall we just stay logged out for now?

If it makes the app easier to use, yes. Log-in is only needed if changing the configuration of the system - general playback usage does not require it.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

My Boost and Play3 have been showing updating the last 90 minutes.  Hope IT is on this as I’m pretty sure this is affecting a lot of users.  Never a problem like this before.

Userlevel 1

My Boost and Play3 have been showing updating the last 90 minutes.  Hope IT is on this as I’m pretty sure this is affecting a lot of users.  Never a problem like this before.

@John76 

Try signing out from you account in the Sonos app, restart the app and do not sign in - still the updating issue? 
If no issue when not signed into the account - you will

find more of us will have this issue across multiple products.. 

For reference, I am seeing similar issues with the update.  It states that the update didn’t completed successfully.  System screen shows several different rooms as Updating and others as Requiring update.  I don’t have a Boost, and am in the US ( I noticed several others are UK)

This was done before I had to leave for work, so I can’t provide any diagnostic or screenshots.  I’m counting on you all to get it all figured out by the time I get back home.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I updated my Sonos system and noticed a blue dot next to Sonos boost on the S2 app saying Updating! Everything on my system seems to be working fine and reading comments above it is a poor update software from Sonos. I await a correction in the update software to be released?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I updated my Sonos system and noticed a blue dot next to Sonos boost on the S2 app saying Updating! Everything on my system seems to be working fine and reading comments above it is a poor update software from Sonos. I await a correction in the update software to be released?

I tend to agree

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

When I go Settings/System Updates/Check for Updates I get an error code 1101.  When I try the update again, I get the same error.

Error 1011 when updating Sonos

Error 1011 occurs when the update process is canceled using the Sonos app.

Depending on the number of Sonos products in your home, it may take several minutes for the update process to complete. If you see this error, try the update again and allow the update to complete. Do not cancel the update or exit the Sonos app during this time.

Badge

Same here. BOOST “Updating” status on/off. Although I’m struggling with Spotify drop-outs and no-plays (hi-bandwidth issue me thinks) I’m getting some throughput. Strange cus the BOOST is my connected SONOSNet device. So is SONOS deferring to my wi-fi whilst SONOSNet is not working...or is the BOOST still performing as a gateway even when it’s updating? 

SONOS...rocket science...spot the difference :-( 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @John76 

I think the issue is affecting your ability to check for updates again. It does seem that all devices are getting and installing the update - that’s not where the issue lies. You should be able to verify this by checking software versions in Settings » System » About my System.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

​Hi @sparkyatoz 

The Boosts (and the rest of the systems) seem to be behaving normally, at least in the majority of cases. The issue reported seems to only be affecting the Sonos app and not any Sonos devices. 

If, however, your ability to play is affected by this issue, I encourage you to get in touch with our technical support team for assistance.

I would also encourage you not to use your real name in online public spaces. If you can think of an alternative, please PM me and I’ll change it for you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @John76 

I think the issue is affecting your ability to check for updates again. It does seem that all devices are getting and installing the update - that’s not where the issue lies. You should be able to verify this by checking software versions in Settings » System » About my System.

My Sonos Amp says 15.1, the Boost and Play3 says updating.