Answered

New Sonos App broke my entire system. It is unstable

Userlevel 6
Badge

Dear Sonos,

The new app uploaded itself on apple devices and now my system is completely bricked/useless. I have ZERO components in my system. I have tried to factory reset it, doesn’t work. Tried resetting the app, doesn’t work. Tried to get hold of support to no surprise ZERO chat reps available at 10:30 eastern time, and 50 minute wait for support.

Do you people sit in a room and make up ways to piss your consumers off, because you are AMAZING at it? This entire system is about 24 hours outside of going in the garbage can since i can’t use them anymore.

icon

Best answer by Weekendhacker 9 May 2024, 22:09

View original

127 replies

Userlevel 4

I would agree. I’ve had nothing but problems since this new “update.”  Music drops in and out. Also don’t like the change to speaker volume controls. 

Userlevel 3

Same problem here.  I am currently on a 50 minute hold!!!

Userlevel 3

If it’s any help the new app bricked my S1 Play:3 pair and they simply would not connect and register with build 80. Multiple resets and swearing later I used another emaill address, created a new account and got the 3’s, Move and Amp on build 80. A day wasted and support tried to blame my router.

Userlevel 6
Badge

well of course; it couldn’t have been Sonos’ fault. Masters of deflection. Such a trashy company.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thank God I came on here!  Been trying to sort myself for two hours. My system which was 2 Play 1s, Beam and a sub mini all lovely and linked and a separate speaker are now gone. I did manage to reinstall but couldn’t link the two in one room as a pair, only link one with the other room. Can’t update the app which one minute says needs an update, then says no. Constant loop. Extremely pissed off and now have no system at all. Roll back required Sonos!  Really poor 

Userlevel 3

I had a 1 ½ conversation with tech support. it seems that by resetting the app it would ask to re add the system. it did it and the rep was able to see my system on their end but it still did not show on my end. it does show on my old Mac app but it doesn't work properly. the did this 4-5 times but could never get it to appear on the app. He  filmed the entire session using a program so he saw what I was seeing. I can still use speaker under voice control but the app is useless. he was going to the higher level support and get back to me but as of now hasn't. I think the app is broken which bricked the system . no easy answers so I think I may give it until Monday . he did tell me there is no way to go back to old app which worked fine.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

It’s complete trash. I can’t even search my Music Library that I share from my Windows PC via SMB.

If there is a way to have the search actually search my music library, it’s not obvious. It wants to search services, like Pandora, which I don’t use.

Userlevel 6
Badge

Thank you for this update!  Very helpful appreciate you. 

Userlevel 3

17 years…first 5 were great…second 5 okay…last 7 nothing but pain and this new App is a disaster. Great idea to Beta test on your customers. No idea where several of my components are and impossible to play music in the room selected. The person/team that rolled out this App should be fired. If I didn’t own so many components I’d make the switch. But even if I’m stuck, no one I know will ever be in this position…RUN AWAY…SO NO SONOS!!!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Same here. What’s happened. It’s broken - how can I revert to old app. What a mess. What a joke of an update. 

Userlevel 3

New APP sucks. It used to be easy and predictable. Now I ask a simple question - what the hell happened to Que’s? I have hundreds of albums in digital form on my own server and I now can no longer just add an album to a Que. it seems that functionality has been tossed. 
I rarely stream. I have my own content I want to play. 
please tell me how to do this or fix the damn app. I have thousands of dollars wrapped up in your products over 15+ years. It seems that with each “upgrade” we lose the core of Sonos. Playing music. 

Userlevel 3

I’m in the same position.  System now unusable.   Tried  deleting and reloading the app, tried logging in and out, but none of my speakers will connect.   I’ve told my partner not to update the app. We have a party on Saturday and don’t want to risk having no sound system beyond a little tiny blue tooth speaker.   So frustrating to then receive the email from Sonos today promoting the shiny new app.

Lulu

Userlevel 4

Thank you Sonos for this new app update. Nothing is working anymore.

No waking service, bad surging and so on.

Terrible. 

How can i downgrade to the previous version?

Hope to hear something from you.

Ymedik

Userlevel 4

Same here. What’s happened. It’s broken - how can I revert to old app. What a mess. What a joke of an update. 

Terrible update. 

How is this posible?

Userlevel 4

17 years…first 5 were great…second 5 okay…last 7 nothing but pain and this new App is a disaster. Great idea to Beta test on your customers. No idea where several of my components are and impossible to play music in the room selected. The person/team that rolled out this App should be fired. If I didn’t own so many components I’d make the switch. But even if I’m stuck, no one I know will ever be in this position…RUN AWAY…SO NO SONOS!!!

If this Will not change within a view weeks i Will Switch to.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Terrible update. 

How is this posible?

Absolute joke. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

So give us back the beige app now until it works on all systems. Like - get it back on the App Store you absolute tossers. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

ANSWERED - NOPE

Userlevel 2

The worst app update I’ve seen in a long time, whoever was in charge of testing and UX needs firing.

Sonos why did you release this with so many clear bugs and faults, so many things broken or missing completely 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Seriously, this company’s software development is horrible.  Since the entire company relies on its software as the core component of its system, you’d think they’d be good at QAing the software BEFORE it is released to everyone.  

My entire system is wonky, my sub appears to have died, and my arc system with 2 era 300s and the sub simply doesn’t work anymore. 

Userlevel 1

Did the exact same thing to my system. My stupidly updated the app on my iPhone and it literally bricked every single speaker in the house. Luckily, I still have the old version on my iPad and it still works as well as Sonos works lol this new app is a complete disaster. I cannot believe they haven’t pulled it back yet. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Did the exact same thing to my system. My stupidly updated the app on my iPhone and it literally bricked every single speaker in the house. Luckily, I still have the old version on my iPad and it still works as well as Sonos works lol this new app is a complete disaster. I cannot believe they haven’t pulled it back yet. 

💯% 👆

Userlevel 2

The crazy thing is that the sound quality on these speakers are insane. How could you be a company that FORCES users to only use Wi-Fi connections to even set up $600+ dollar speakers. And then let them fend for themselves on these shit apps. It legit only gets worse, the app before this was a joke but now I can't see my TV and can only control the volume through my TV's remote. Can't connect my 2 Ones for surround and when I click on to my playbase+one sl it unselect automatically. I agree with all the people here, do you just have a group of people in a room trying to break your company. 

If all of this wasn't forced through this app it wouldn't even be a problem. Like why can't I just set up a room, add my speakers to that room and choose the location of each speaker. That seems way more simple than whatever you all have chosen to do.. smh $1500 for a sound system and you can't even use it. Get it together guys!  Your sound quality is legit one of the best I've ever heard but making all these peoples systems turn into paper weights. Come on 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Need someone

to make a new basic app to bypass the shit ones forced on us. Like - use Spotify on your phone and connect to speakers from there - bypass the Sonos app. 

Userlevel 2

...ok, glad to know it’s not just me. This update really is awful. Not only full of bugs apparently but an awful UI and missing basic functionality like being able to shuffle an entire music library!!!!