Skip to main content

Dear Sonos,

The new app uploaded itself on apple devices and now my system is completely bricked/useless. I have ZERO components in my system. I have tried to factory reset it, doesn’t work. Tried resetting the app, doesn’t work. Tried to get hold of support to no surprise ZERO chat reps available at 10:30 eastern time, and 50 minute wait for support.

Do you people sit in a room and make up ways to piss your consumers off, because you are AMAZING at it? This entire system is about 24 hours outside of going in the garbage can since i can’t use them anymore.

Like many others have said, the latest update is terrible, worse than useless.

Dear Sonos,

I hope you are paying attention. This update is so bad your reputation is at serious risk. If the first Sonos product worked as this latest update does I would have never bought another product. In fact, I was about to buy some more 5's, but not a chance of that now.

My existing system of 5's, 3's, 1's and amp powering other non-Sonos speakers is not working as it did before. The features in the app are worse than before (such as balance control of paired speakers), so the app has gone back several years.

Worse still, amp constantly stops playing, the app loses network connection constantly, and the new UI is fussy without any upsides.

Overall, a terrible update.

The ask - allow all users to roll back to Gold version, fire the idiots who let this update out in the wild, and spend 6 months repairing and testing the new app before it's released again.

Dear Sonos,

I hope you are paying attention. This update is so bad your reputation is at serious risk. If the first Sonos product worked as this latest update does I would have never bought another product. In fact, I was about to buy some more 5's, but not a chance of that now.

My existing system of 5's, 3's, 1's and amp powering other non-Sonos speakers is not working as it did before. The features in the app are worse than before (such as balance control of paired speakers), so the app has gone back several years.

Worse still, amp constantly stops playing, the app loses network connection constantly, and the new UI is fussy without any upsides.

The ask - allow all users to roll back to Gold version, fire the idiots who let this update out in the wild, and spend 6 months repairing and testing the new app before it's released again.

Clapping for more feedback like this. Truly the worst experience I have ever had with equipment like this. Oh, and the feedback is getting so toxic the moderators are starting to delete comments and threaten to kick people out of the community. Nothing says customer focus like calculated retaliation.

What a nightmare. My system went from an awesome, always working system to completely broken, useless set of bricks. I have an Arc, Sub, and two One SLs. I can’t group them. Can’t get the One SLs online anymore. What the hell! Total fail!

Sonos released S2 Version 80 and was totally aware of all the bugs.

I contacted them on they day it was released, they said to use the app on my computer.

They have released two updates since 80.00.04.

Do not see any fixes..

Sonos should roll back to version 60 until they can get version 80 to work properly.

What a piece of ….!

I primarily use streaming services (Amazon, Pandora, Spotify, etc).  The app is terrible.  This was not an “upgrade” this was a replacement.  Gone thru some of the posts here.  I agree with all the comments about how the app has caused some serious issues.  Don’t understand why we cannot revert to old app (can we?).  Lost one of my TuneIn radio streams…..Thanks goodness my PC from 2008 has the old app.  I can play my missing services from there…..Did Sonos fire their QA dept?  Do they even know how to do QA?  It is really kinda sad that the marketing group built the new app up then, upon delivery, the new app has turned out to be a bust.  Sonos, please advise all how to roll back to the old app and then take a year or two to fix this POS of an app.  

So I upgraded to the new iOS app - big mistake. Tried to add an arc to existing setup. It fails to register to my account, crashes the app every time. Tried factory resets, rebooting modem, ipad and phone versions of app. All no joy.

Also the new app has killed the mac app which I had linking to itunes library… this no longer sees any of my speakers and shows check for updates for which there are none.

Guess I’ll monitor this forum until we hear a resolution.

You would think considering the failure of the app deployment that they would have all hands on deck to provide support over the weekend to help us with our queries   

I’m ditching Sonos and moving on to Denon components, just ordered today. The end.  SONOS has given ZERO respect to the $$$$ invested by users in creating an app that works… a big FuSoNOs, and thanks for years of nightmares, in doing nothing to provide the controller support that should have been priority 1.

Even though I can barely afford the change… I’d rather be piss poor than deal with this any longer.

Totally agree that the update is useless. After multiple restarts it does show things but then try and load a playlist and it says Something has gone wrong. Please roll it back as soon as possible. 

Same boat. I was pretty much forced into updating which I didn’t want to do after reading all about all the issues.  Ow I cannot add move 2 or Sonos one. Somehow I managed to add my amp and sub after not seeing it at all.  Hoping this gets fixed quickly.

Same problem after recent overnight update. No way to go to old version. Unstable and system lost.

Absolutely, I want to back out of this update, it’s hardly worth it.

Are there any Sonos support people listening. The new iOS app is appalling. The whole point of Sonos was to be seamless, quick, and no redundancy for older systems. This app is buggy, slow, tricky with older products and lost a bunch of features that we all loved for some new ones no one asked for. This has happened too many times now. I would think twice about buying any new products.

Sort it out or roll back.

If it’s any help the new app bricked my S1 Play:3 pair and they simply would not connect and register with build 80. Multiple resets and swearing later I used another emaill address, created a new account and got the 3’s, Move and Amp on build 80. A day wasted and support tried to blame my router.

The Router for some reason is their go to.  Bring back S2 as it was!  I am with you on this.  They need to fire someone over this and need better coders who know what they doing.

You would think considering the failure of the app deployment that they would have all hands on deck to provide support over the weekend to help us with our queries   

They probably are having a party and patting themselves on the back… Oh wait???  Customer support at a new low.  They will go bankrupt hiring new techs to cover all the calls on this rollout!

So I upgraded to the new iOS app - big mistake. Tried to add an arc to existing setup. It fails to register to my account, crashes the app every time. Tried factory resets, rebooting modem, ipad and phone versions of app. All no joy.

Also the new app has killed the mac app which I had linking to itunes library… this no longer sees any of my speakers and shows check for updates for which there are none.

Guess I’ll monitor this forum until we hear a resolution.

We are All waiting!  This one Broke the Camels back for me!  Too many errors on any of their rollouts.  Poor customer support.  

Sonos released S2 Version 80 and was totally aware of all the bugs.

I contacted them on they day it was released, they said to use the app on my computer.

They have released two updates since 80.00.04.

Do not see any fixes..

Sonos should roll back to version 60 until they can get version 80 to work properly.

What a piece of ….!

Right On!

Dear Sonos,

Remember the Go To is that it is your Networks fault… I have heard that since I bought my first Sonos speaker. After this No More!

Biggest mistake ever updating the Sonos app.  Struggling to find or install any components since upgrading. Any way to roll back update? 

17 years…first 5 were great…second 5 okay…last 7 nothing but pain and this new App is a disaster. Great idea to Beta test on your customers. No idea where several of my components are and impossible to play music in the room selected. The person/team that rolled out this App should be fired. If I didn’t own so many components I’d make the switch. But even if I’m stuck, no one I know will ever be in this position…RUN AWAY…SO NO SONOS!!!

I’d say shot rather than fired for those that approved this app for general release. 

Biggest mistake ever updating the Sonos app.  Struggling to find or install any components since upgrading. Any way to roll back update? 

On an Android I see you can get the S2 App.  Look for posts on that matter. As far as myself being an iPhone user that isn’t happening.  Sorry to say…  Good Luck

My entire system. 1 arc and 2 Sonos one completely broke after the update. App won’t work, music won’t play, completely useless now this is insane 

Dear Sonos,

The new app uploaded itself on apple devices and now my system is completely bricked/useless. I have ZERO components in my system. I have tried to factory reset it, doesn’t work. Tried resetting the app, doesn’t work. Tried to get hold of support to no surprise ZERO chat reps available at 10:30 eastern time, and 50 minute wait for support.

Do you people sit in a room and make up ways to piss your consumers off, because you are AMAZING at it? This entire system is about 24 hours outside of going in the garbage can since i can’t use them anymore.

Absolutely terrible. The stability is bad across the board - from digital streaming to the amp/record player, the latter of which is TERRIBLE. Such a disappointment. 

I've just managed to add my missing speaker.... Roam would not work under the Black app update... But went to my Tidal account and added it from there! 

The stupid thing is, it took me to the Sonos app to add it... and it worked 🤔

I have given up and placed it all in the basement, (2 play 5s, 2 play 3s, 2 1s and 2 roams). and re assembled my old HIFI from last century and just hearing the difference on how Real speakers sound (Bose 901’s) make me wonder why i ever moved away from these.

The new app is not only user unfriendly but also unstable, unreliable and unusable, makes one think it was perhaps also untested.