Answered

Apple Music "Unable to browse music"

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

129 replies

Hi All.

Since the Apple Music outage a few days ago I just get the message “Unable to browse music” when trying yo use Apple Music.  I have removed and reloaded the account, reauthorised it etc to no avail.  I have a family account and I did notice that my partners library was working fine which seemed odd.

Its becoming a pain now as not all of my set u is Airpaty compatible so fiddling about to link things isn't very user friendly !

I see this seems to have happened over the years but wondered if anyone had a resolution to this ?

Hi

I have the same issue. Super disappointed in the communication of Sonos on this. They for sure know the reason why it is not working but leave everybody in the dark. Unacceptable.! Sonos get to work! 

Hey everyone.

New to this forum but appreciate that it exists.  Got the “Unable to browse music” error today and found this thread.  Tried some of the suggestions to no avail.  I did find a workaround however (would prefer the Sonos app to work, but in the meantime) . . . . opened apple music on my iphone and and did an airplay to my sonos speakers.  It works. . . . 

Good luck everyone

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I just want to say that the new Apple Music interface in the Sonos S2 app works more than perfect both in terms of operation and sound quality on my Port and on my iPad and iPhone, here in Denmark

Are those people who have problems, people who do not use the S2 app and / or not use Apple products when operating Sonos ?

Hello Sonos support, I’m also affected by the ‘unable to browse music’ issue for Apple music. I’ve tried the workaround mentioned in this thread but that didn’t solve the issue. 

I hope there’s a solution soon …..

Kind regards, Jeroen

Hello Sonos support, I’m also affected by the ‘unable to browse music’ issue for Apple music. I’ve tried the workaround mentioned in this thread but that didn’t solve the issue. 

I hope there’s a solution soon …..

Kind regards, Jeroen

Me too, but I suspect Apple are perhaps just rolling things out region by region and switching things over to their new interface. I’m just going to wait and see what happens. Diagnostic:1648954687

Same issue - very annoying!

I have this problem but I can’t add ANY music except Tune in and Last.fm

This happens all the time. One day it’s fine. The next day it sucks. I’m in the right region in my profile and everything there seems fine. This app and this product is sooo bad a buggy I can’t stand it. I’ve spent hours out of frustration wondering why a product that sounds so good and looks good and probably makes money why they can’t figure out the %^&*-ing software and connection. It’s beyond belief and utter nonsense. Who or why is programming this thing? I’m starting to think it’s a psychological experiment to make us lose our minds.

Actually I can’t even use Spotify or Pandora sp what the hell. None of it works

Same issue, started June 2nd. But although I can’t browse Apple Music on any of my Sonos devices, I can search Apple Music and play songs from Apple Music. Just cannot browse. Contacted Sonos Support as well and nothing helped (reauth, removing and adding service, restarting sonos speakers, restarting modem/router). May be related to the most recent Sonos app updates.

Same story here. I can enter the name of the Apple playlist I want to access, and it will display and stream without issue. Just can’t browse. 

SAME ISSUE HERE! Called Sonos. They gave me the run around of logging out, etc. SONOS needs to fix this!! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Odd mine is working fine, not had any issues browsing any section 

Userlevel 1

Is this only affecting family use of ITunes?  I have my sister on the family access, she was able to use with her Sonos system until a few days ago, now only she has the same issue as reported here, my Apple Music works ok on her Sonos.

For me the only two things that show up are Last.fm and Tunein Radio. NOTHING else. I can’t add a single extra thing. Also my unit just never connects. using airway is also bad, etc, etc,

Userlevel 2

Same issue here too.

Userlevel 1

Has anyone tried deleting the Sonos app and reloading it?  Didn’t really want to do that if it’s not going to work.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Yes, I did that

I fixed it by logging off on the pc, and re-authorize Apple Music in the iOS app on my iPhone. Then login again on the pc. Works fine now.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I fixed it by logging off on the pc, and re-authorize Apple Music in the iOS app on my iPhone. Then login again on the pc. Works fine now.

Didn’t work for me 

I’m experiencing the same exact issue as everyone else on this thread.  I also have an Apple Music family account.  My wife can view the Apple Music browse screen via her account, but I can’t view mine.  I just see the “unable to browse music” error.  I called Sonos support and they ultimately instructed me to contact Apple support.  Despite this not making sense to me given I’m not having any difficulty with my Apple Music account via the Apple Music App I did contact Apple Music support and they told me that there isn’t anything that they can do.  I was then instructed to reach back out to Sonos support.  This is obviously pretty frustrating and the lack of decent support is surprising for a company like Sonos.

I’m having the same issue. Definitely a bit frustrating. Hope they’re listening and get to the bottom of this soon. 

Exactly the same scenario for me. Have repeated the steps above many times,  to not avail. After the debacle of S1 to S2 not being compatible, everything was upgraded to S2, including 7 Connect powered amps. 

Now further issues which Sonos can’t seem to resolve. 

Sonos, fix the Apple Music connectivity issue…!

Same issue for me, have logged out, uninstalled, reinstalled in every permutation I can think of with no luck. Apple Music results will show up in Sonos’s search, and can be played that way, but no way to browse Apple Music through the Sonos App.

Frustrating as I just pulled the trigger on a 2 month free trial of Apple Music to see if I should shift over from Spotify, so this is not a great start to my Apple Music experience!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Still have the issue. I can search my playlists by name via the search but when I select it in the app, it then says “Your library is currently unavailable, please check back soon” is anyone else seeing this?

To my knowledge SEARCHING for music on apple music works completely fine for me, except for when I want to play something from my library. 

It would be nice if we got an update from Sonos… I prefer to use the app instead of AirPlay on my phone...

I am having the same problem this is so annoying

Badge

Got the same issue for days now. Before this i was not always able to start certain playlists from my collection of playlists. This is going on for a few months now. I am forced to work with Deezer again because i don’t have the impression Sonos or Apple find this a high priority. I conclude Sonos and Apple Music is one combination you’d better avoid using. Ridiculous