Answered

Apple Music "Unable to browse music"

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

129 replies

I got the error message a couple of days ago, but now it works just fine. Not only that, but now selecting Apple Music in the music services list, I get the full Apple Music home screen with all the same music suggestions of the native iOS app. Before that, I was still getting the very old “for you” tab.

I am having the same issue - Apple Family Account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @andypower21 (et al)

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Just to let you all know, we are actively investigating this issue, but currently we do not have an ETA on a resolution.

If you experience this problem, first please test other sources on your Sonos system - if other sources are affected too, then the cause of the problem may be elsewhere, in which case I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

Some customers have found that removing the Apple Music account from both Sonos and from the Apple Music app, then signing back into the AM app and then adding the account back onto Sonos fixes the issue. Instructions to remove your account from Sonos are on our Remove a music service account from Sonos help page. To remove the account from the Apple Music app on iOS devices, you will need to sign out of “App store, Books, Music, and Podcasts”: Settings > Name or Apple ID > Media & Purchases > Sign out. Once done, you can sign back in, then add the Apple Music service to Sonos once more.

If this does not help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who can try our test accounts on your system and take some details to aid the investigation.

As a workaround if you have AirPlay-compatible speakers (those with touch-sensitive panels instead of physical buttons), you can initiate Apple Music playback on your Sonos system by starting it in the Apple Music app instead of within the Sonos app, and AirPlaying to Sonos: Stream AirPlay audio to Sonos.

I hope this helps.

Hi @andypower21 (et al)

Just to let you all know, we are actively investigating this issue, but currently we do not have an ETA on a resolution.

If you experience this problem, first please test other sources on your Sonos system - if other sources are affected too, then the cause of the problem may be elsewhere, in which case I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

Some customers have found that removing the Apple Music account from both Sonos and from the Apple Music app, then signing back into the AM app and then adding the account back onto Sonos fixes the issue. Instructions to remove your account from Sonos are on our Remove a music service account from Sonos help page. To remove the account from the Apple Music app on iOS devices, you will need to sign out of “App store, Books, Music, and Podcasts”: Settings > Name or Apple ID > Media & Purchases > Sign out. Once done, you can sign back in, then add the Apple Music service to Sonos once more.

If this does not help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who can try our test accounts on your system and take some details to aid the investigation.

As a workaround if you have AirPlay-compatible speakers (those with touch-sensitive panels instead of physical buttons), you can initiate Apple Music playback on your Sonos system by starting it in the Apple Music app instead of within the Sonos app, and AirPlaying to Sonos: Stream AirPlay audio to Sonos.

I hope this helps.

Have tried deleting, signing out and setting up again. Didn’t resolve the issue. I’m also on the apple family plan. SONOS, please sort asap

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Same tried the above and didn’t work!

What did the technical support team that @Corry P referred to say?

Hi

Same issue here, with Apple One plan. I tried a couple dozens times the tips above, none ever worked. 
The guy From support I had on the phone in France end of last week advised me “to wait a few days”. 
A friend of mine successfully  connected his Apple Music account to my Sonos application last weekend, so that really is some kind of incompatibility between Sonos and some Apple Music accounts. I tried and fiddled with some parameters, to no avail. 

Thanks Corry P - I had the same advice from APJ Sonos support who logged in and gathered diagnostics.  Like other users in the past few posts, have completely logged out of apple and sonos and reauthenticated all and still no change.  I think the common theme is the Apple Family plan accounts seem to be still impacted.  I would note that I’m able to search for music on apple music and play apple music but no access to library which yields the “unable to browse...” error message.  Still looks like library API between sonos/apple not working for Apple Family accounts.

Hi @andypower21 (et al)

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Individual accounts too!

found a solution that works for me. i tried corey p steps (sign out of apple, remove apple from sonos, the reverse) with no luck

i had had an apple album saved to “my sonos”, i played that then:

1. hit “three dots” then “more”
  2. browse the artist
  3. selected and played another album
  4. while playing, went back to the music services tab and selected apple

and voila!  works!

i hope this helps someone else. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Mine just came up this minute.

This is finally working again! Thanks to whomever addressed this issue. 

NOTE: I have a family plan and now both of our Apple Music accounts allow us to view the browse screen. If one of your accounts doesn’t, remove it and add it again. This time that should work.

Userlevel 1

All good now!

Hello Sonos Support, the reported “unable to browse music” issue for Apple music has been solved for me. Thank you very much for fixing it. 

Kind regards, Jeroen

Still doesn’t work for me 😓

The change is likely on the Apple servers, Sonos hasn’t rolled out any new software this week. 

looks fixed  even down under!

It’s working now!

To whoever fixed it: thank you!

Userlevel 1

Just checked and the issue now seems resolved without me having done anything new.

@Corry P Thanks for your acknowledgement of the issue and the attention of whomever helped resolve it. I do wish however that the Sonos status page would have been updated to show an issue with Apple Music as soon as it was identified by what I’m sure were many calls from customers like everyone here. I would not have wasted my time going crazy troubleshooting on my own or called Sonos for support had their been a simple acknowledgement on the status page 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @chriso205 

I appreciate your point, though in the vast majority of cases like this we only know about such a thing after customers flag it with us. Once we spot a trend, we investigate and if we are able to replicate the problem easily, we’ll update the status page. The nature of this particular issue meant that different regions were affected at different times and only a limited number of accounts were affected at all, making the issue more problematic to confirm.

Userlevel 1

Hi @chriso205 

I appreciate your point, though in the vast majority of cases like this we only know about such a thing after customers flag it with us. Once we spot a trend, we investigate and if we are able to replicate the problem easily, we’ll update the status page. The nature of this particular issue meant that different regions were affected at different times and only a limited number of accounts were affected at all, making the issue more problematic to confirm.

Fair counterpoint. Glad it’s resolved :)

Userlevel 3
Badge

Finally resolved this morning after about 2 weeks for me! Thank you!

It is now working!

Up and running again!! Thanks to whoever fixed this!!

It still isn’t working for me, I contacted support on the phone yesterday, who advised me to log out of everything and change my AppleID credentials, but that hasn’t helped either.

All other services are working okay, but I just see ‘unable to browse’ for the Apple service.. it’s also working for me on my S1 system🤔, just not S2.

I can search in the Sonos App and see results from Apple Music and play tracks, but just not seeing anything from their plugin Sonos Service interface. I did switch off every bit of security I have in place for my local network to ensure there was nothing that could block the service (different DNS tried too), but no joy with that. I have another Sonos system at a different home location, so will try that try that in the next week or two and see if a different network/setup makes any difference.

I will just keep trying, oh and Support Staff were really most helpful and are kindly looking into the matter along with some other reports, but I’m fairly confudent this will likely be an Apple issue,