Skip to main content

I am hoping that someone can assist with a major problem I have and this is not yet another 'new app problem'.

I have Amazon Music Unlimited connected to my (extensive) Sonos system. With the latest app update it has basically stopped working leaving me with limited misic. Behaviour is odd however mostly it just doesn't work and I get errors saying there is a problem with Amazon. However, every so often it does at least list some music, e.g a playlist. When I try to play it, it may work or skip a number of songs before finding one that plays. After that it will stop. If a speaker already had a music queue, you can hit play on the speaker and it works but stops after maybe 3 songs.

I have tried:

- uninstalling and reinstalling Sonos app

- re authorising Amazon Music

- other devices (same behaviour)

- contacting Sonos support (have an incident number but have to phone next week - will update if I find out more as I have sent diagnostics).

I attach screen shots as examples. I also have a video of it wildly skipping songs but don't seem to be able to upload.

Note other services work. Sonos Radio and Calm. Plus Amazon Music App itself works sweetly.

Help. I currently have a very expensive, unusable system.

Thanks

Hi @furacaopr 

Thanks for the updated diagnostics - I still see the buffer only ever filling to 40%, and I still see the speakers requesting a lower bitrate, so I am not yet convinced. Well, so I thought when I had only looked at Beam - looking at your standalone speaker, that does seem better!

The proof is in the pudding, however - let’s continue playing and see.

I do recommend giving your Beam a reboot now, just in case it helps.

Hi @Sammo123 

I didn't get a sonos update. Was it a phone update? If so iphone or android please?

If things are better, it was probably a change made on Amazon servers, by Amazon - no update needed! Our last update was on Tuesday.

No worries. I'm not at home at the moment, aksed my wife to test and she said it was still doing it but I'll give the speakers and router a reboot when I get home.

I really hope it's fixed and not just my system still playing up.

Hi @furacaopr 

The reboot seems to have helped with the buffer situation - 100%!

I recommend no further changes - let’s just give things a bit longer. Regardless of what I see or don’t see, your experience is the point, and it sounds like that has improved!

Hi @furacaopr 

The reboot seems to have helped with the buffer situation - 100%!

I recommend no further changes - let’s just give things a bit longer. Regardless of what I see or don’t see, your experience is the point, and it sounds like that has improved!

Thanks a lot @Corry P. I appreciate all your help on this 😀

Hi @furacaopr 

Thanks for the updated diagnostics - I still see the buffer only ever filling to 40%, and I still see the speakers requesting a lower bitrate, so I am not yet convinced. Well, so I thought when I had only looked at Beam - looking at your standalone speaker, that does seem better!

Hi @Sammo123 

I didn't get a sonos update. Was it a phone update? If so iphone or android please?

If things are better, it was probably a change made on Amazon servers, by Amazon - no update needed! Our last update was on Tuesday.

No worries. I'm not at home at the moment, aksed my wife to test and she said it was still doing it but I'll give the speakers and router a reboot when I get home.

Hi Corry, unfortunately mine is still doing the same thing. Submitted a diagnostic ending 0111. That's a shame, was really hopefully with everyone else having success. Any thing else I can try?

Hi @furacaopr 

Hi @Sammo123 

Hi Corry, unfortunately mine is still doing the same thing. Submitted a diagnostic ending 0111. That's a shame, was really hopefully with everyone else having success. Any thing else I can try?

It half worked for a short period. Played a full song. Then stopped, then started. Seemed like it was buffering which never used to be an issue. Then one speaker stopped and the other two carried on. And then they stopped. 

Just speculating here, I am in Canada and I don't know about @brokebike. But I see that you @Sammo123 is in UK.

Perhaps, just perhaps, Amazon fixed it in North America but not in UK 🙄

Just speculating here, I am in Canada and I don't know about @brokebike. But I see that you @Sammo123 is in UK.

Perhaps, just perhaps, Amazon fixed it in North America but not in UK 🙄

Hope that's the case. Corry said there was an sonos update Tuesday, I haven't had one since last week and no amazon music update all week.i have tried uninstalling and installing both apps again. But alas...

Update. Everything seems to be behaving a little better. I'm able to play amazon music for a while now. Had to restart everything twice, but it feels like getting somewhere.

Different topic, but whilst I was having issues with amazon music, I moved some music into my android music files. I have looked everywhere but I can find this anywhere in the sonos app that will let me play these? And suggestions?

Perhaps I was just slow to see the latest Sonos update or something. It’s weird because I have my apps set to automatically update… but yesterday morning I opened my app updates and sure enough, it said my Sonos app needed updating, so I did that, and ever since then my issue with playing Amazon Music has sorted itself out. I’m now on the second day of everything working as it should… so something changed, whether it was the Sonos update or something on Amazon’s end.

Big thanks to all, especially @Corry P 

Has been working all day.

Big thanks to all, especially @Corry P 

I feel like our issues were nearly exact. Do you have any idea what you did that caused it to start working? For me, it seems to be a Sonos update to iOS that I somehow didn’t see until yesterday… even though I checked my Sonos app on Wednesday and Thursday and it said it was up to date. 

corry is correct that the update was dated for last Tuesday, so I’m still perplexed as to why it suddenly popped up for me yesterday.

I feel like our issues were nearly exact. Do you have any idea what you did that caused it to start working? For me, it seems to be a Sonos update to iOS that I somehow didn’t see until yesterday… even though I checked my Sonos app on Wednesday and Thursday and it said it was up to date. 

corry is correct that the update was dated for last Tuesday, so I’m still perplexed as to why it suddenly popped up for me yesterday.

Not a clue. I have tried everything and nothing worked. Just suddenly started today to behave itself.

I believe it was a fix on Amazon side.

Hi @brokebike 

The app update last week was put on a rolling release - not everyone was offered the update at first, but I believe everyone should have it by now. You should be able to force it by visiting app stores manually.

I hope this helps.

Hi @Sammo123 

Glad to hear it! I can’t really take any credit, however.

Amazon Music is completely down for me on Sonos since around one hour ago. It still works on Amazon's app though. Anyone else?

Amazon Music is completely down for me on Sonos since around one hour ago It still works on Amazon's app though. Anyone else?

Mine seems ok still..

Amazon Music is working okay here at the moment…

Anyone in US / Canada?

Amazon is down on Sonos for me too - just up and died.  I can play things from other sources, but Amazon, no.  Tried the usual fixes - no good.  Amazon works in its own app.  What's happening?

Broken right now for me as well. Same error. 

@Corry P, could you ask someone at Sonos to check with Amazon, please? It seems to affect US/Canada, but not UK.

All I get is this error message:

There is a reported issue on Sonos status page…

https://status.sonos.com/?utm_source=embed

I’m having the same issue, and only today.  Just glad to know it’s probably a system problem rather than a me problem. :-)