Skip to main content

I am hoping that someone can assist with a major problem I have and this is not yet another 'new app problem'.

I have Amazon Music Unlimited connected to my (extensive) Sonos system. With the latest app update it has basically stopped working leaving me with limited misic. Behaviour is odd however mostly it just doesn't work and I get errors saying there is a problem with Amazon. However, every so often it does at least list some music, e.g a playlist. When I try to play it, it may work or skip a number of songs before finding one that plays. After that it will stop. If a speaker already had a music queue, you can hit play on the speaker and it works but stops after maybe 3 songs.

I have tried:

- uninstalling and reinstalling Sonos app

- re authorising Amazon Music

- other devices (same behaviour)

- contacting Sonos support (have an incident number but have to phone next week - will update if I find out more as I have sent diagnostics).

I attach screen shots as examples. I also have a video of it wildly skipping songs but don't seem to be able to upload.

Note other services work. Sonos Radio and Calm. Plus Amazon Music App itself works sweetly.

Help. I currently have a very expensive, unusable system.

Thanks

Different symptoms, but Amazon music not very usable following update. Works fine outside the Sonos app, other services work, just not Amazon music

I’m having the same issues. I’m now using the amazon music app with direct control and it works fine. If you hear back from support next week, please will you update this post. There are a few people having the same issues reading the forum

I'm having the same problem. Every time I try to browse Amazon Music I get the 'Something Went Wrong' error. 

If I start the music from the Alexa app and tell it to play on the group which contains my Sonos speakers it works fine. 

The other thing with the new Sonos app is that, when it loads, there is a period of up to 10 seconds when it tells me there are no products attached.

@Digicammad  I have that same problem when the app loads. I think it's a more general issue though.

I'll update here once I speak to Sonos. Am travelling with work this week so it'll be a few days before I have any news. Fingers crossed an update will solve it in the meantime. 

Thank you for raising this issue.  I have the same problem.   I will wait to hear the outcome of your contact with Sonos support.  

Is anyone else finding that the Amazon playlist is stalling? We’ve tried various ways but plays 5/6 songs then just stops! So frustrating. Hate the new app 

Same issues here, following in the hope someone posts an update from Sonos or even better, a solution.

Hi, you all seem to be from UK. I have no issues with Amazon Music here in Canada. Maybe a regional issue, @Corry P?

Hi, you all seem to be from UK. I have no issues with Amazon Music here in Canada. Maybe a regional issue, @Corry P?

That's what I think too. Was using Amazon music most of the day yesterday while doing yard work and for a family dinner. No issues.

Same problem here, I’m also in the UK.

Amazon music works for a bit then stops, search sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t. 

Radio and Spotify work fine so it’s definitely linked to Amazon.

Just reset the app and it’s playing well and the search works without any issues .  Cannot pin amazon music to the Home Screen but otherwise much better

I did the reset Sunday & still continued to have problems 

A quick update. My Sonos app updated 2 days ago and I noted in the details that it included expanded support for service re-authorisation. Also in the App details it has a version for something for Amazon KFSNWI. Possibly an update for Amazon music?

Regardless I got to try the new app last night and I have now done a few music searches and used Amazon music on various speakers and I have to say it now to seems to be working and working a lot faster so I am going to see how it goes.

Also the startup of the app is now faster and it doesn't seem to linger on the no products attached message.

Finally, having volume number back is great (also updated in latest version). It's taken way too long but maybe, just maybe we're getting a level of stability back? Fingers crossed.

Meant to confirm, I am in the UK.

In UK on android and iOS

I updated app on release (17th). The issues with Amazon on about 15th. The issues persisted after update. However, on Friday 21st they seemed to disappear. I use auto updates so assume there was an Amazon Unlimited update around then.

Amazon stable now. Can add to playlists and they do not skip.

Issues with app showing Recent/Sonos Favs consistently still there. Every other withdrawal of service from pre 80.xx.xx app still not resolved - given there are other issues with other streaming platforms (Deezer), feel July date to make the app do what it did before is ambitious to say the least. 

Same issue here and I am from France. 

Amazon and YouTube Music are not working. Either the wheel never stops spinning and the music does not play or tracks just skip and then stop. 

Only Mix Cloud and Sound Cloud works. 

Is anyone else finding that the Amazon playlist is stalling? We’ve tried various ways but plays 5/6 songs then just stops! So frustrating. Hate the new app 

Update 22/6 - now playing correctly. Reset the app last weekend but think app update 4 days ago sorted the problem for us 

This just keeps getting worse! Not only will it not work with Amazon music but I can't even access my own music library. I've never experienced such an awful software update. I'm just about ready to throw away the Sonos speakers and buy something else!

This just keeps getting worse! Not only will it not work with Amazon music but I can't even access my own music library. I've never experienced such an awful software update. I'm just about ready to throw away the Sonos speakers and buy something else!

If you are referring to the new Sonos App, the Amazon music service is working fine at the moment…

The local library should be working too if it’s shared using SMB v2, or higher.

Amazon Music is working intermittently and there isn't even any option to view my music library, which worked perfectly before the update. The new version doesn't show my library and there is no option to add a music library.

Great speakers, lousy software.

Amazon Music is working intermittently and there isn't even any option to view my music library, which worked perfectly before the update. The new version doesn't show my library and there is no option to add a music library.

Great speakers, lousy software.

How is your local library shared - http/SMBv1 etc?

It is shared with SMB and worked perfectly until the latest software upgrade. I'm not saying the library isn't visible, I'm saying there is no option in the app to add a music library!

It is shared with SMB and worked perfectly until the latest software upgrade. I'm not saying the library isn't visible, I'm saying there is no option in the app to add a music library!

If it was there previously using SMBv2 in your S2 App, you should not need to add it🤔?… I did not need to add my library here, but anyway it’s mentioned in the second link in my previous post, that you can add a library using the Windows App. That is available from the Sonos download site here:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/downloads

Thanks.  There is absolutely no doubt that the music library is not showing in the new app and neither is there any doubt that there is no option to add one. I've looked in every setting and in the option to add a service. 

I will check my laptop when I get chance.

Thanks.  There is absolutely no doubt that the music library is not showing in the new app and neither is there any doubt that there is no option to add one. I've looked in every setting and in the option to add a service. 

I will check my laptop when I get chance.

It’s in my Sonos App following the May ‘24 update - see the attached from my iPad controller this time, but if you have not got it, then the only way to add it at the moment is the Windows App.

The new Sonos app is due to get the option to add a library later in July - see this App future feature updates link: 

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/the-new-sonos-app-and-future-feature-updates

Interesting. I can see and use Amazon as per usual, see recently played and Sonos favs. However, my ipad doesn't show album art on large pane, only thumbnails for tracks and albums under artist.

On android, very poor performance Sonos favs, recents just disappear after 10 secs of loading. No album art whatsoever, but can see library and after a long wait, the menu for artists etc loads.

As can't update library on NAS, can't add any purchased music as the update library feature doesn't exist.

I' ve not updated the Windows app on my laptop as it gives me the chance to edit queues, and importantly, clear queues which is important as if I start something on iOS abd them move to android or vice versa, it just doesn't show what is currently playing at all. 

Interested to see whether android operation will catch up with iOS.