Question

New SONOS App - Feedback

Show first post

2045 replies

Badge +1

Well done! You did it!

The only feature that was missing: Landscape mode!

Bravo!

But then... to do it, the number of things you removed, it's incredible... Even in primary school we learn to do projects better than that... Do you have beta testers? 

The S2 app was well set up (despite equally difficult beginnings).

As fervent supporter of Sonos, I am really disappointed... I will no longer recommend…

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Did the Sonos app get rid of 15 seconds forward 15 seconds back buttons? Am I crazy or am I right that we used to have those? 

(It might have been 30 forward 30 back but you know what I'm saying. Is that just gone now?)

Userlevel 2
Badge

This new update looks like it was developed by someone with learning difficulties!

Time fore to sell this crap I paid £2,000 for and buy a proper system that works

Hi,

The app has worked once after 10 tentatives.

It seems that the app cannot find the devices and when detected there was a deconnection during playback. My Wifi network works perfectly and cannot be the cause of the problem

Radio favorites were greyed and not working.

I downgrade to version 16.1 found on apkpure and everything is working fine.

I cannot understand how the upgrade 80.00 went live

Rgds 

Badge

HUGE Android 11 issue…

When opening the app, it sits on the black "SONOS" logo boot screen for 45 sec - 1 min then either crashes completely, or displays the Android "unresponsive" alert and finally loads the app.

It also causes my phone to randomly stutter and become laggy / unresponsive, an issue I’ve never had before.

Other Android 11 users have reported the exact same issue over on Reddit.

Please Sonos, either roll the app back to the previous version, or fix this Android 11 issue as a highest priority, because currently my Sonos system and MY PHONE have become unusable.

Really poor upgrade. Lost access to my library. Time to scrap sonos??

Userlevel 2

The whole update is an insult to the many thousands of users/consumers who probably the same as me have spent thousands building a system that is now a shambles. Can we have a response from developers, managers etc beyond the mundane fixes coming soon because you should be ashamed of yourselves releasing an incomplete not fit for purpose app.

WOW - Totally agree! I’m now actually embarrassed to have a Sonos System. I’m not thinking of selling it though… I’ll just chuck it in the bin as I wouldn’t want to pass this onto anyone else.

I’ve got 14 speakers, and can’t - morally - even try to pawn this off onto another.  No matter how much I discount it.  Wasted money & e-waste?

Userlevel 1

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue but I get tantalising moments of radio via Airplay (Classic FM) and then it randomly cuts out and will not reconnect.

It goes to prove that this “update” was not properly tested and certainly not ready for release.

Please roll back the update, issue a Beta for proper testing or say when these travesty of an update is due to work properly.

Userlevel 1

Good Morning

I can see the understandable feedback you are getting from your users and I am not going to pile on.

Main issues I am seeing as an FYI:

• Not all of my products appear in the app on a consistent basis.
  • My music library no longer is available, at least today.

For whatever reason and by any reasonable standard, this update was rolled out too soon. Part of restoring user relationship stability is for Sonos top management to publicly acknowledge it (main website page & press release) iand issue high-level executive updates on progress in resolving the many issues as work proceeds.

Failure to do this has the potential to permanently damage a relationship built over years with the user community. It’s not fair for support community moderators to absorb all the blowback.

Thank you.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

This is a disaster I have 20 speakers that don’t work a two hour wait for support and the live chat cuts you off after a long delay and doesn’t answer your issue and the CEO doesn’t respond or even reads the emails !! Probably too embarrassed!!!!

what a * show !!!

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I'm up to 12 unanswered emails to the CEO now. Apparently all the executives are on the beach somewhere listening to their Bose sound systems and Counting how much money they got in bonuses from music streaming companies for this update. Business the Frat Boy way. 

Just going to list the issues I’ve found in the Android version:

1. In my NAS-based Music Library, if I browse to all of the songs in a genre, the play and shuffle buttons don’t do anything, although I think I got a “something went wrong” message once.
  2. No album art for my Music Library.
  3. Search and Browse function seems like just a search function. And it doesn’t return results from my Music Library.
  4. I don’t see any way to specify or index the Music Library.
  5. The Edit Home function says you can delete items, but there’s no way to do so that I can find.
  6. The “Hide” button for Recently Played on the Home screen doesn’t work.

Let me guess; you outsourced your software development and/or testing functions.

Badge

Just going to list the issues I’ve found in the Android version:

1. In my NAS-based Music Library, if I browse to all of the songs in a genre, the play and shuffle buttons don’t do anything, although I think I got a “something went wrong” message once.
  2. No album art for my Music Library.
  3. Search and Browse function seems like just a search function. And it doesn’t return results from my Music Library.
  4. I don’t see any way to specify or index the Music Library.
  5. The Edit Home function says you can delete items, but there’s no way to do so that I can find.
  6. The “Hide” button for Recently Played on the Home screen doesn’t work.

Let me guess; you outsourced your software development and/or testing functions.

What version of Android are you on out of interest? I’m on Android 11 and I’m having issues simply booting the app. The app boot time is almost a minute, then it may either crash or load correctly.

The latest app update is absolutely useless.

Sign in,  oh wait sign out to manage content, sign back in, nope, sign out again. REPEAT? WTF?  An eight year old could do better creating an app.

All the money spent with Sonos so that I cannot use it.. 

PILOT TESTING? Its not new.  FIX YOUR DAMN APP. 

2 hour wait time for assistance?? That's outstanding best in class service right there.. NOT

Congratulations on ruining a somewhat good app :(

How can you release a half baked product, I do not understand that logic?

This is awful! No way to see the progress of my tracks nor can queue multiple tracks. What happened to the Alarms?

Can we rollback to the older app? I think I would not allow this app to auto update in the future - my mistake!

Vijay

I did an update on May 16th 2024 and now under EQ there is no balance feature.  My network is fine In case anyone asks :)  How can I get my balance control feature back. 

This is on a fully patched Iphone 11

Moderator edit: Combined posts

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Congratulations on ruining a somewhat good app :(

How can you release a half baked product, I do not understand that logic?

This is awful! No way to see the progress of my tracks nor can queue multiple tracks. What happened to the Alarms?

Can we rollback to the older app? I think I would not allow this app to auto update in the future - my mistake!

Vijay

@vsphagura roll back might be a solution for some.

Based on the tone of Sonos communications and the fact that a week has passed a rollback option from Sonos is unlikely.

The new app will finally be OK but 2 things are certain.

1. it won’t happen as quickly as customers would like
  2. it won’t arrive as soon as Sonos are claiming

But we will have an app that is reasonably stable and has all the features we expected probably in the August/September timeframe. At least that would be my guess.

I just downloaded Sonos 16.0 apk and rolled back to the previous app. Thank God for that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I just downloaded Sonos 16.0 apk and rolled back to the previous app. Thank God for that.

Good luck

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Good luck

I agree with Gaham: “Good Luck”.  I got my S2 desktop controller back on our iMac and tried to play music via said Contrller.  I was “denied access” to the Music Library on the drive that was previously accessible before this recent update.  I can’t play music from the iPhone app OR directly from the iMac where the music is stored… one room away from my Sonos gear.

I have 30 sonos devices.  One of those is an Amp that runs the music on my deck.  Used to sound great.  I would show it off.  I can no longer adjust the expensive 3rd party subwoofer.  From awesome to a piece of shit overnight!

The GUI sucks too.

What about customer feedback and product requirements definition before you make a major product change.  Pretty disappointed!

Userlevel 1
Badge

I did too 4 or 5 days ago, works as before, turned off auto update, and auto update off in Google Store.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Loudspeakers (even “wireless”/ multiroom) should provide us joy by playing music. Not making customers headaches and costing lifetime.

As experienced Program Manager & Software Engineer myself, I had to experience a lot of truly horrifying software releases during the last decades. I mean, really, really bad implementations like Windows Vista, Volkswagen Golf 8 Infotainment, introduction of 1&1 5G Mobile network in Germany etc., to name just a few …

But what you did, Sonos, is unequaled indeed. Making otherwise neat hardware - in our case assets under management in value of thousands and thousands of EUR - worthless with a single release of your not even proof of concept and far away from pre-alpha state pile of crap app, respectively forcing us to deal with it.

What I have to reproach myself for is having recommended you to family & friends back in the days we trusted you.

You leave us no other choice but to dump - I have to repeat - otherwise neat hardware in value of thousands and thousands of EUR in front of our HiFi dealer and ask for disposal.

Will replace with sth like Bluesound, Heos, B&W ...

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Good luck

I agree with Gaham: “Good Luck”.  I got my S2 desktop controller back on our iMac and tried to play music via said Contrller.  I was “denied access” to the Music Library on the drive that was previously accessible before this recent update.  I can’t play music from the iPhone app OR directly from the iMac where the music is stored… one room away from my Sonos gear.

Same thing here. I uninstalled and restored the old settings from Time Machine. There must still be something somewhere in the library that saved the setting that allows access to my Music Library, because some new settings remained, and I still get a 913 error when trying to add it. Does anyone have any clue where that particular file is in Library, or at least what it is named? I restored everything with Sonos in the name.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I just got two form letter emails basically saying that I need to suck it up because I'm stuck with expensive equipment that was made useless by a terrible update.

But on the bright side they're very glad that I'm passionate about it. Garbage frat boy nonsense.