Skip to main content

In the new 2024 Sonos App :

Where are the alarms settings? 

Where is the Last.fm service?

Where is the Android widget?

This is a real nightmare. I hope Sonos will fix all that asap because what they did releasing this not finished app is scandalous.

Sonos team (and I guess this mainly goes to the management), you outdid yourselfes!

I can't play anything any more since today. The new app worked (if you want to call constant waiting working) for a few days and now "something went wrong" error, each and every time I try to play anything, from any source. It doesn't even load the history properly any more.... Fantastic. My entire Sonos system just became unusable. (And yes, I tried re-booting, re-installing, re-starting everything. My phone, my speakers, my WiFi….)

Just contact support you say? Sure. Email not monitored and call wait time 45 minutes. Fantastic!!! 

Update in a couple of weeks you say? Sure. I’ll just use my expensive speakers as paper weights until then.

Being on Andoird, I am lucky enough to be able to just download the old app from the likes of APK mirror. And guess what, installed and it works first try. Are you kidding me?

Oh boy am I in the mood for the European version of a class action lawsuit. Sonos basically made a product I own unusable with this update and even worse, iPhone users are stuck with it!!!

I have downloaded the new update, but here several days later, it keeps asking me to update again and again. Really anoying! Then after several attempts to update I miracolous enter the Sonos app, where I can control my speakers. I then put down my device and after a while, 5 minutes or more, when I try to acces the app, it doesn’t work, and again ask me to update.

What to do???

absolute garbage that Sonos is getting users to test software that doesn’t work

i have lost all access to my music library, which is what i use my sonos system for.

so NO MUSIC LIBRARY, no music.

I WISH I HAD NEVER GOT INVOVED WITH THIS S***** COMPANY.

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

The new app is obviously hopless and beyond fixing.

Just roll it back already.

I’ll keep this straight to the point; Android user here, my experience so far:

• Starting up the app, it takes a lot longer to connect to my system than the previous app did. Sometimes I even have to close and open the app again for it to actually discover my system. While I thought the changes would be mostly esthetic, I can’t help but wonder if on an API / communication level things have also changed?
  • Opening up the app to change the volume level also feels like it takes significantly more time than it used to. Often I will have to adjust the volume several times before it actually syncs the change to my system (it will jump back to the previous level several times before actually applying the change).
  • When opening up the playback queue, it always shows the entire queue starting from the beginning, rather than jumping to the current song / position in the queue. I miss this feature the most probably.
  • In the beginning I was very frustrated I could not find my speaker “groups”. It took me a while to realize that tapping the “group” or “speaker” at the bottom of the app and dragging it upwards do two very different things. Maybe I’m just old, but I did not find this very intuitive and I’m glad I discovered this distinction eventually (purely accidentally 😅).

I believe Sonos run the risk of a class action lawsuit!  They need to make a statement right now, and / or reinstate the previous APP immediately.  How can they be so silent on THE FUNDAMENTAL mistake they have just made.

Now that sonos shows that it doesn´t need happy customers i think it is time to stop relying at this “couragous” company. So please give us the codes to set our sonos devices with our own software solutions….

i am waiting for a sorting mechanism for apple music content since ages but now i think its clear that we will never get what we want but instead just shit developed by apes or chatgpt…

https://github.com/trulyspinach/sonos-fenway

this is a good start.
Give the Hardware free

Gosh….all the posts here and all the fb Sonos forums that just hate the new app. I after reading them will not update the app.

Will Sonos stand up and correct its mistake or turn around and walk away and do nothing? Curious on how it will be handled.

Well, after spending more than three hours on the phone being on hold and talking to the the tech support who was very polite and tried hard to solve the problem, I was told Sonos doesn’t guarantee that the app works on wireless services, only on DSL, cable or fiber optic 😏. My issue is that the app doesn’t even recognize my speakers, so totally useless.  Based on the feedback from the tech it’s safe to conclude Sonos will not be doing anything to remedy the problem.

so not all their phone techs are good.  Their great claim is that we are 

`sonos,  the wireless audio company`

as musch as i am angry,  they will fix this.  I have over 100 clients ive installed for,  and im expecting the phone to start ringing today.  dont press buttons and wait.  it will get fixed…. too much at risk for them not to.

Is there a way to revert to the previous standard of App ?

the new App is horrendous, totally not user friendly.

if I can’t go back there will be a Sonos Sale from my house

so not all their phone techs are good.  Their great claim is that we are 

`sonos,  the wireless audio company`

as musch as i am angry,  they will fix this.  I have over 100 clients ive installed for,  and im expecting the phone to start ringing today.  dont press buttons and wait.  it will get fixed…. too much at risk for them not to.

I admire your optimism and am willing to give Sonos a couple of weeks to address the app downgrade. But for a company that touts wireless speakers and then says it doesn’t guarantee its system to work over a wireless service is oxymoron. Yet they state it works on DSL😂, who even uses DSL anymore? 

Put simply - Sonos, your app update is completely not ready for deployment.

Shipping it out while talking about “courage” and “falling short” shows total disregard for your customers.

+1 Provide access to the old app via official app stores until you have all the features working, 

What a train wreck. Just rolled back to the March version and turned off auto updates. What were they thinking?   I have so much invested in this equipment across two homes and was in panic mode until I figured out how to roll this epic fail of an update back.  It's that bad. 

Is there a way to revert to the previous standard of App ?

the new App is horrendous, totally not user friendly.

if I can’t go back there will be a Sonos Sale from my house

Unfortunately no if you use an iPhone, I specifically asked this from Sonos technical support Others using Android have posted that they were able to restore the old app.

Word in tech news is that Sonos rushed the app in order to release its new headphones product.  How many people are going to buy headphones for a system that doesn’t work?  Who would buy this product after seeing the feedback on the app?  What a case study for the business schools - losing sight of the forest for a wireless headphone tree…  And, how to screw your loyal customers who are the best advertising for the core product to add a complementary product to your line that NONE of your existing customers will buy because they are out shopping for a new speaker solution.

Bad GUI.

Very Slow 

Buggy

Can find my speakers

Cant set up new speakers

Instable

Crashes

Sonos , if you read this.

Do a recall of the app or let people at least choice not to upgrade.

Noting is working. Thinking of sending back product i bought yesterday due to this.

Have over 20 product that now basically are a bunch of crap

Extremely bad customer experience.

Did they change name of the app to "Something went wrong"?

After a long day of fighting with Sonos, not sonos support - they are unavailable - I have fixed the problem. It did wreck my day. I changed the properties on the music file on my computer to share with everyone. Removed from library and added back to library. On my android tablet, I was able to Uninstall the new horrid app and reinstall the old app through APK. You have to go to Google play settings and change to do not update. Anyways, lost a good part of my day, and I am now back to where I was before the update. Ugh. Really, not being able to add to the queue? Really? Come on. No more changes.

Well done good for you but no help for us IOS/Mac users 

Still no response 

Have they all gone home for the weekend?

I have been  using Sonos speakers for many years. Sonos products are great. Sonos software is and has been absolutely terrible. This new update is a disaster. Today I updated the app on my phone with no problem. I tried at least a dozen times to update the app on my Mac running Ventura. Update failed every time. Called Sonos. Was on hold for over an hour. The person I spoke with gave me an alternate update. It installed but doesn't work. We got cut off or he hung up on me. Never called me back even though he had my number. Right now my entire Sonos system is totally useless. All the folders showing up on my phone are empty. So, I can't play music. I can't even add music to replace what's missing. And after my experience this morning, I don't think much of Sonos tech support.

After a long day of fighting with Sonos, not sonos support - they are unavailable - I have fixed the problem. It did wreck my day. I changed the properties on the music file on my computer to share with everyone. Removed from library and added back to library. On my android tablet, I was able to Uninstall the new horrid app and reinstall the old app through APK. You have to go to Google play settings and change to do not update. Anyways, lost a good part of my day, and I am now back to where I was before the update. Ugh. Really, not being able to add to the queue? Really? Come on. No more changes.

Well done good for you but no help for us IOS/Mac users 

That's unfortunate. Personally, I have zero apple products after dealing with iTunes in the early 2000's. Their system gave little freedom! I might need freedom from Sonos too, haha.

Agree with many of the comments above , this new app is rubbish , I am so frustrated I cannot just turn on and get music on , every time it fails to recognise my system , 

just put the old app back and we will be happy , don’t keep trying to change , we knew where we were with the old app 

Hey guys

I read a lot of angry reactions on you website about your new useless application but not found any relevant reaction from your side. I’ am next disappointed customer. You really don’t care about your reputation? How can you realease new application which is useless with my media server on my nas. Why there is no way to get back the old application on my ipad where everything was working fine?????

Shame on you. I planned to buy new device from you, but after this what you have made - no chance.

Please wake up!!!

Sonos - please provide the roll back trueplay is trash on this latest version 80.00.08