Skip to main content
Question

New SONOS App - Feedback

In the new 2024 Sonos App :

Where are the alarms settings? 

Where is the Last.fm service?

Where is the Android widget?

This is a real nightmare. I hope Sonos will fix all that asap because what they did releasing this not finished app is scandalous.

Rarely ever post but the frustration with this Product is driving me to at least comment. Sonos doesn’t even function properly with this update. I think we’re almost a week in and the service I always use is still not compatible with the update. Volume is unresponsive. The words “something went wrong” appear far too often. The lack of pre-testing before a rollout is mind boggling and the lack of a response from Sonos at this point is bush league.

I'm very disappointed in the new Sonos app. I've had to sign in several times which I've never had to do before. I have one system at my house and another system at a place I rent and it won't automatically find the system without me choosing to join whereas previously it would just join the system because it recognized it. Now there are apply buttons to initiate an action like volume change. In some instances it seems you can do it without hitting the apply button, but in others you can't. I don't recall there ever being an apply button before. Managing the different room setups I have has become more cumbersome as well. Previously it was easy to select. Now it is not. I'm amazed at all the things that are not good in the new app. Very disappointed. Would love it if I could get a hold of the old app.

I'm very disappointed in the new Sonos app. I've had to sign in several times which I've never had to do before. I have one system at my house and another system at a place I rent and it won't automatically find the system without me choosing to join whereas previously it would just join the system because it recognized it. Now there are apply buttons to initiate an action like volume change. In some instances it seems you can do it without hitting the apply button, but in others you can't. I don't recall there ever being an apply button before. Managing the different room setups I have has become more cumbersome as well. Previously it was easy to select. Now it is not. I'm amazed at all the things that are not good in the new app. Very disappointed. Would love it if I could get a hold of the old app.

The new update is horrible. How could they get it so wrong. 

simple things like finding a master volume has proven difficult. It the decided to change the volume of one device in the group despite starting at volume.

the logic of selecting a source with it not being obvious what devices are linked.

please roll back 

PLEASE ISSUE A statement on what Sonos is going to do. 

When starting the app the system not always found, says it can’t find devices would I like to search for them and still can’t find them, even when they are playing, some times only one of the stereo pair work and I have to power off the one that’s not working,  won’t play radio stations from sonos voice control but will play them from the app!!!!!!!! as I have them registered to my account. Bought mine pair just over a year ago and they were fine till this update, totally disappointed, did you test this update before you released it!

I remodeled my home in 2010ish.  I took my first leap into Sonos with a couple Play 5’s.  I was so impressed with the ease of installation and use that I quickly expanded.  I dare say I was a brand ambassador for years, convincing people to join the experience.  I have purchased north of 20 speakers, playbars, subs, move, ERA, etc.  

I don’t know when it happened, but the magic is gone.  Connectivity issues, app issues, obsolete products, soon to be obsolete mac controller.

Everything I have loved about this brand has turned on itself.  

My ERA300s drop daily, my Roam drops daily, my speakers don’t respond to app, I understand soon I cannot control from my Mac.

I recognize the need to advance software, hardware, firmware…..but it has come at a cost...at least for me.  Sonos is just another connected device with challenges.  I used to marvel at how idiot proof the product was.  I don’t know, perhaps it’s me.  Just choosing this forum to vent as I unplug my speakers to reset and reconnect.   

Is it me or the new Sonos App is too busy and cluttered?  It’s so daunting to search for my playlists with all those other Sonos created playlists are shoved to the front.   
They ought to de-cutler the app and make it easier to navigate! 

I open sonos app on android phone takes over 1 minute to find my system 

The new update doesn't work, is there a way to go back to the old? I just want the old sonos, that worked.

I unfortunately fell for the hype on this app and dowloaded it.  What a disappointment!  The UI redesign succeeds chiefly in extending response time.  Bugginess with streaming services (particularly apple) is a severe disappointment.  Much that I try to do yields a perplexingly vague “something went wrong” message (was no effort expended on error handling?).  I have been a big fan of the products (own about 20); the last app upgrade was a step forward; the bugginess of this app redesign, as many have pointed out, is an extreme step backwards and has me disappointed both in myself for downloading it and in Sonos for releasing a product so prematurely,

I unfortunately fell for the hype on this app and dowloaded it.  What a disappointment!  The UI redesign succeeds chiefly in extending response time.  Bugginess with streaming services (particularly apple) is a severe disappointment.  Much that I try to do yields a perplexingly vague “something went wrong” message (was no effort expended on error handling?).  I have been a big fan of the products (own about 20); the last app upgrade was a step forward; the bugginess of this app redesign, as many have pointed out, is an extreme step backwards and has me disappointed both in myself for downloading it and in Sonos for releasing a product so prematurely,

I have been a Sonos user since 2014. Back then, the app was simple, user friendly and most importantly, it worked. Set up was a breeze.  Fast forward 10 years later, I still have the same speakers which worked perfectly until this most recent app update. I have had to factory reset my speakers and the boost numerous times to get it to mesh into the new Sonos app, as well as reinstalling the app on my iPad. I get a message stating mobile device not connecting to speaker or speaker not connecting to Wi-Fi and my boost which is wired to the router also cannot connect. I have wasted an entire weekend trying to make it work to no avail. This is the worst and annoying update Sonos has released. What is going on here?

My plan was to not do this stupid update that everyone knew was a stupid update when it came out. But for some reason it automatically updated to the stupid update. Now the app is worthless and unfunctional. You can't add your music library. You can't remove junk favorites that are on the home page clogging up the screen. All playlists are greyed out and unusable. You can't remove the tabs from the homepage. When you edit the homepage it says delete or drag to reorder but there's no way to delete. I don't ever want anything that says Sonos favorites on my homepage. It's not removable though.

The only way this app made anything easier for me is that it will be easier to pick a different product the next time I'm looking for a speaker. Sonos has no sense that this is their plan going forward. And my loyalty since the very first play five is gone.

I wouldn't recommend this junk product to my worst enemy. Even this stupid community forum is mostly unusable. You can't even scroll through the options to pick where you want to post this message. Garbage.

Anyone else find the latest Sonos app to be slow and with some glitches?

There’s me thinking the lack of sleep timer, alarms and adding to playlists is bad…turns out you can’t even do a play now / next / add to queue either!! This has to go down as the most terrible update in history….luckily still have the old app on my iPad or I’d be a lot more annoyed. 

So Alas the app updated. And now the error message is “We could not update your Play Check my network connection and try again later”

The more information squarely lays the blame at my door, that’s odd because i have in excess of 30 plus devices that connect to my network with zero issues. Despite following all the steps it still will not update.

This will be first and last Sonos product if this is the standard of software releases that Sonos are proud to release. Sonos you need to get in contact with me so I can solve your poor software release cycle you need help, you desperately need help with your software releases. 

I’d invite Sonos to respond but it is a problem I as a customer will need to solve because I have zero faith in Sonos support. 

Diabolocal

Hi, I have had the misfortune to 'upgrade' to the new app and it is causing so many functionality issues. The main issue I have is that when I open the app I have no speakers available . If I log out and log back in again a couple of times that usually resolves the issue. Any ideas why this is happening?

Since the disastrous update of the Sonos app a few days ago, the list of recently played songs, albums, radios and lists does not show lists from streaming providers. Additionally, it randomly requires to re-logging even as the app is already logged in. 

Is there a way to solve this issues?

Thanks

I have disabled app updates on my phone so I don’t get the new app upgrade, I use the Timer function every night so the new app is of no use to me until that function is added.

Can Sonos please confirm that no hardware updates will be made that force users to take the new app until it is functionally comparable to the current one?

With the new app I’m getting a bug that keeps selecting the wrong room - even after pressing “apply” when choosing the room I’m trying to control. Was this app beta tested at all? If so, how come it’s impossible to use? 

How do I reinstall the Sonos App?

The new app is not updating songs playing. Also, the new app is not playing in the correct rooms. It keeps showing a room I don’t use a lot. Always seems to defer to this room, not the intended rooms with my Play 1 speakers.

Hi,

I'm using the new Sonos app on android. So I made the login correctly, the app shows me the streaming service I use and my sistem, I can play music but the app keeps saying me that I need to login as owner...so It doesn't show me the recente played and...can't change some optional or add new devices!! Is there a solution? Reinstalled the app, cleaned the cache...tried to disconnect and made login again...nothing.

Daniele

The new update is terrible nothing is smooth when selecting source it defaults to the one I don’t want and each time I deselect the one I don’t want and select the one I do want it defaults back to the original one selected and says no music selected. If you percevere and get it working it starts all over again. It now takes so much longer to do anything. Sonos used to be about enjoying music and doing it easily. None of this is true now. It’s big joke. I don’t like the app layout and it’s in your face rubbish I don’t want. I can get rid of the app by getting rid of all my Sonos out of my house. 

Did Sonos even test the new update (May 2024)?   it’s awful. Be warned:  don’t install until Sonos fixes the serious bug issues.