Skip to main content
Question

New SONOS App - Feedback

In the new 2024 Sonos App :

Where are the alarms settings? 

Where is the Last.fm service?

Where is the Android widget?

This is a real nightmare. I hope Sonos will fix all that asap because what they did releasing this not finished app is scandalous.

Thanks guys!

Had a party set up and your ridiculous update has destroyed the whole evening. 

can only imagine how the others who spent stupid amount of money on your closed in system is now feeling.

main reason I left beta before was due to the decline in quality of your releases. Can’t believe you pushed a pre-alpha release out to the public. 

Thanks. 

I recently updated to the newest Sonos operating system, and quite frankly, it sucks.  Not intuitive at all and overall very dialsappointjng.  Is there a way to revert back to using the old system?

wauw. new app no info, just a confused user. from my point of view, the new app is extremely confusing. why change something that works well?

My whole system is completely useless after the latest update. I can even watch my 2 tvs with player and beam

please help

Been using Sonos since day one.

Never experienced what happens after this update.

Recently spent a lot of money on updating my audiochain. This is such a mess!!

Please put the old software back asap!!!

This is totaly unusable and really ashame for a brand with a good reputation.…

Cant believe this is happening in 2024 🤷‍♂️

Trueplay no longer working with new App. Furthermore the layout and features on the new App is horrible. This is a serious problem that needs to be resolved for many of our customers. 

Sonos needs to come out and buy back customers equipment and reimburse us for these pile of trash unusable products. *NONE* of the equipment works or can be added or functions whatsoever.

I received an email from SONOS saying that the new app is better than ever! I haven’t been this excited since Big Brother increased the chocolate ration from 40 grams to 20! :) 

What is your favourite improvement?

On Sonos, I mainly listen to music from my NAS drive full of ripped CDs.  I have a library of 100s of artists.  Before the recent upgrade, when searching for an artist, there was an alphabet column on the far right side of the screen.  I could hit the ‘P’ and be taken to all artists beginning with P.  That feature is gone now (unless I’m missing something.)  Now, if I want to listen to Yes, I have to scroll from the A’s through all artists to get to the Y’s!  If there is a toggle to turn the alphabet column back on, please tell me where.  Thanks.

The SONOS community board is designed by SONOS to keep complaints in-house. That's the real reason it is here and people are basically complaining to the converted. I would suggest getting onto Facebook and letting folk know about the issues. There's not much on FB really, I was surprised to see. Comments on FB will hold more weight than comment on SONOS's own product platform since they don't appear to care. 

Since when does “upgrade” mean downgrade. Whoever unleashed this upgrade onto the world needs to learn the meaning of “test” before release. This is truly awful. 

What a piece of *. What a waste of money, Can’t get anything to work. 

*Moderator Note: Modified title and content in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

I saw a couple of ‘influencers’ talking about the app updates on Youtube saying how great everything is - then you read the barrage of comments from actual users underneath - and it gets dark very quickly. What a mess!

Indeed, they are corporate shills, very thinly disguised.

The SONOS community board is designed by SONOS to keep complaints in-house. That's the real reason it is here and people are basically complaining to the converted. I would suggest getting onto Facebook and letting folk know about the issues. There's not much on FB really, I was surprised to see. Comments on FB will hold more weight than comment on SONOS's own product platform since they don't appear to care. 

I do wish more people realised this. You are absolutely right.

After latest major release I doubt that Sonos have tested it before the release. Telmore Music is not working and I can’t remove it from the app either. The speakers are not able to be grouped and nothing is intuitive. I’m disappointed big time. Is it time to trash Sonos and find an alternative system?!

Forced Update of app done

Result 

No radio station available 

Cannot add radio aggregator like radioplayer, nor tune in

All fields stay gray, including recently played, playlists disconnected.

NAS connection lost.

The sound of silence is deafening

With the new update we lost the sleep timer which h was very important to many of us are you getting it back. As i hate this update really

Shall we all ask the ceo at once for a retro app from 2015.

It had no bugs

It worked

It didn't lose my speakers

It didn't have sexy features

It worked

I could control the volume

It loaded in seconds

It worked

And at the same time shall we ask for the idiot who made the latest upgrade to get sacked.

Personally I won't buy another sonos product until they stop making good things worse.

I have two Sonos systems and move between houses to use it. Since the update (gold to black) I cant find my home system. I havent had time to read all the threads but please dont tell me there are now retrictions in place that don't allow you to do this? Not worth buying more Sonos speakers if that is the case.

The new S2 App is completely unrecognisable as a version of S2 and should be re-named as S3, this would give users the option to install Version S2 or S3, Job done. I have stayed loyal to Sonos from the start, finally upgrading to the current Port to stream music from my NAS. I have never liked the idea of being locked-in to any manufacturers system, so if Sonos do not respond and address many of their users complaints concerning the new S2 app, I will have no alternative but to invest elsewhere, so much to choose from now.

Updated phone app has moved everything around with no obvious benefit.  But now I cannot see podcasts i’ve added to my queue. I’ve looked everywhere. 

Oh well. Back to usung the PC version. I lot easier 

Hi

I’ve updated to the new app on iPhone. Every time I open the app, it crashes and shuts off. If I delete the app and reload it, it then works. However, if I shut the app off and then try to open it again, it crashes! Very frustrating

The latest update of Sonos app on Android is a disaster. The app is not showing that a speaker is playing, it is slow in responding while changing a speaker’s volume and the app is loading empty sometimes.

On one of my devices I got the new app 80, on another the old 16.1, bith android. 

I noticed that in the new app the numbers for volume setting reappeared,  i.e. you see the level 0-100.

However the increase/decrease seems to have been fine tuned. In the old app, 5 or 6 was quite loud. Now the same volume corresponds to a 25 in the new app.

Now for the weird thing: when i set the volume with the new app to 25, the old also showed 25. And the old app stays with this behavior! It means setting the volume with the old app to 5 is barely hearable.

So there has not only been an update to the app but also to other components

Anyone can confirm this?

I won’t go over all the issues caused by the new version of the app. But a simple way out of this mess - for now - would be to add back the old version of the app. This would allow work to continue on the new app.