Answered

Google Nest Wifi Not Connecting to Sonos Move Even Though Beam +Sub Worked

• 25 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I just installed a Google Nest Wifi.  I was able to connect my Beam and my Sub on wifi while on 2.4GZ and can connect to my Roam via Bluetooth.  I am having problems connecting my Move to the network despite the many attempts to factory reboot the Move.  I’ve rebooted my wifi router, updated my Sonos App on my iPhone and my Move is sitting 1 meter away from the router and my phone is right beside the Move.  The Move is showing a constant whtie light and now I can only turn it off and on and can’t even connect via Bluetooth, likely due to the numerous attempts to factory reboot the device.  As one else been able to connect their Move to a Googe Nest Wifi router?  I’ve read and tried all the suggested fixes to no avail.  Please help.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 26 May 2023, 13:55

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @shopgirl1867 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

If you mean “factory reset”, please desist from doing this - if it didn’t work the first time, it won’t help on the fifth try either. Also, there is an inherent risk in doing so - you may render your Move inoperable.

I suspect your router and your Nest may be “fighting” over who gets to run the network. No-one is going to win without mediation. I recommend a read of my article - especially the Mesh Networks section:

If it’s all a bit technical - or if I’m completely off the mark - I recommend that you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.