Answered

Constant Connectivity Issues

• 4 March 2023
  • 5 replies

I purchased 8 Sonos speakers approximately 6 months ago (9/22) and I have the latest version of the Xfinity router with a very strong Wi-Fi signal for both the 5G and 2.4ghz bands. My router is no more then 20ft away from all 8 speakers. At first the connectivity problem was negligible but now (3/23) all 8 speakers are constantly and continuously dropping off and reconnecting all day long every day. I have worked with Sonos technical support but with no success. My connectivity issues actually worsened after contacting them on ( 3-2-23) My router doesn’t allow me to pick a channel on the 2.4ghz band (it stays on 1). Would purchasing a different router help? I am regretting my purchase and any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 4 March 2023, 18:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Two suggestions to try. 

First, try wiring one of your Sonos speakers directly to the router with an Ethernet cable. Make sure in the Sonos controller that the SonosNet channel in use is at least 5 channels away from the channel your router is using.

Second, try a network refresh. Unplug all Sonos devices from power. While they are unplugged, reboot your router. Give the router a few minutes to recover before plugging back in your Sonos devices to power. Give them a couple of minutes to reconnect before testing. 

Thanks for your prompt reply Airgetlam! I will get to work on those options as soon as possible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If your router offers the option to set static/reserved IP addresses, usually a DHCP settings page, you might find that helps stabilize things if the reboot got you working again.

Airgetlam/Bruce,

I tried your 2nd suggestion 1st and it made a huge difference! I am now listening and enjoying music once again :) I will definitely try your 1st suggestion for a more permanent solution as soon as I am able. I can’t thank you enough for your excellent advice!

All the best,

Stephen

The Sonos Beam 2 is sleek in the looks but ** on connectivity, stay away!!!!

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*