Answered

What Speakers to pair with Ray?

• 29 March 2023
  • 5 replies

I just bought a Ray soundbar, the basic for a surround system with my TV. But I want good quality stereo while listening to Spotify and more volume capactiy together with better bass. I am undecided between purchasing two Sonos One speakers, the Era 300 or a subwoofer. does the Era 300 have a good woofer (bass) component/sound? And if I were to buy the sub mini woofer does that add volume capacity as well as better bass? Any other suggestions appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 30 March 2023, 00:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

The 300 cannot be used with the Ray for surround.  The Sub Mini will add bass and free the Ray up to play louder.   A pair of 100s will add surround channels.

The Era 300’s cannot be ‘bonded’ to a Sonos Ray for HT surround duty - you are best to look at these speakers instead.,,

• Era 100
  • Sonos One/One SL

If budget is an issue, then just go for the latter speakers, personally speaking I would go with the newer Era 100’s as they are Sonos’ newest speakers. I would also add a Sub Mini, or even a Sub (gen3) into the mix too. 

I have the Ray/One-SL’s and Sub-Mini HT setup in our Kitchen/Diner area and I’m really happy with it and love the Bass from the little Sub. Great value and it sounds great too. 👍

When it comes to choosing speakers for your home audio system, there are many factors to consider. But one of the most important is choosing speakers that complement the sound of your Ray player.

So what are the best speakers to pair with a Ray player? There are many great options out there, but we think the following five speakers are a great place to start your search.

1. Klipsch The Sixes
2. KEF LS50 Wireless
3. Polk Signature S55
4. GoldenEar Technology Triton Seven
5. SVS Prime Tower

3rd party speakers would require using AMP to drive the rear speakers.

When it comes to choosing speakers for your home audio system, there are many factors to consider. But one of the most important is choosing speakers that complement the sound of your Ray player.

So what are the best speakers to pair with a Ray player? There are many great options out there, but we think the following five speakers are a great place to start your search.

1. Klipsch The Sixes
2. KEF LS50 Wireless
3. Polk Signature S55
4. GoldenEar Technology Triton Seven
5. SVS Prime Tower

Who is this "we"?  Got a mouse in your pocket?  😉