Skip to main content
Answered

Auto volume increase Arc 5.1 setup tv input

since the app update, the volume automatically increases randomly on the setup connected to my tv. including sub and 2 one sl for 5.1 surround.

anyone else noticing this?

tv is an Phillips ambilight.

the tv does not indicate the volume is increasing (not hitting the remote)

touch controls are disabled.

25 replies

Hi, 

since one week it happens frequently. Also with Philips ambilight, same stuff as you described..

beam gen 2 and 2 play:1

no clue why it’s happening, must be the updates..

Hi,

i have exact the same issue. Also philips oled. I was complaining on the kids to stay of the volume but now i’m sure it happens automatically.

Arc, sub gen3, 2x one sl.

I have removed the batteries from all remotes, turned off most of my connected devices but it’s still happening. It seems to increase every x minutes and only 1 or 2 “ticks”. Eventually it becomes to loud and i need to turn it down, and it starts doing it again.

Also powercycled everything with no results.

i submitted a diagnostics report and contacted support by chat.

they advised to remove the surrounds and add them again, also do a power cycle of all the devices including the TV.

just did that, hope this resolves the issue

as expected this did not resolve the issue.

trying to get in touch with support again...

I tried this method yesterday. Added surround speakers again and tuning with Trueplay.

Volume changes still happening, built-in tv apps as well as hmdi inputs.

I have the same problem with my Philips 55OLED806 in combination with the Sonos Beam (gen2) and 2 Sonos One's.

Resetting and re-adding the rears seem to have resolved my issue, fingers crossed!

i disconnected the surrounds, the issues stopped.

i rebooted the surrounds and added them again, issue is back.

contacted the support via chat, they told me to reach out by phone.

estimated wait time on hold is 20min...

I have spent a few weeks figuring out what is causing this problem.

Seems like when the Philips (model 55PUS8204/12) is powered on, it is causing a volume increase (sometimes +2 but mostly +6), in my opinion it happens in louder sequences (from Dolby Atmos through Dolby Digital 2.0)

None of the below removes the problem:

-disable IR input

-turning on or off some CEC/Easylink on different HDMI inputs

-removing surround speakers

-removing batteries from my tv provider remote (Pickx android digital tv) and Philips tv remote

-disabling touch button on the Beam gen2

-setting a volume maximum

-removing HDMI sources

-…

So I called with a friendly Sonos representative, she looked into the sent diagnostics and confirmed the device was getting CEC commands for volume changes. 

So this narrows it down to the tv because remotes were disabled and no hdmi inputs (only playing audio from built-in apps). I now also recall that this tv had a firmware update a few weeks ago called TPM191E_R.201.000.248.227 (updated on 06/15)

I also found this https://tv-sound-monitors.philips.com/s/question/0D5TY00000CUhZC0A1/oplossing-voor-het-steeds-harder-worden-van-het-geluid?language=en_US (not sure if it’s translated of in Dutch)

Can you guys confirm the same firmware on your tv’s?

hello fellow Belgian:)

my tv has another firmware, TPM211EA_R.101.001.004.252

creation date Fri Mar 15 at 11u27:09 CST 2024

I installed the update on 2nd of may, and indeed started to notice the issues as well since around then.

tv model is 55oled806/12.

although the model numbers are not the same, both are likely running android and share the same base firmware.

likely this is indeed a Phillips issue, not sure if it's the combination with sonos or only Phillips that is to blame

I submitted a case at Phillips to.

let's see what they have to say

The issue has resolved itself.

Looks like the Telenet-TV app was causing this, even when running in the background.

Telenet released an update for the app on 6/07. since then the volume remains stable.

The issue has resolved itself.

Looks like the Telenet-TV app was causing this, even when running in the background.

Telenet released an update for the app on 6/07. since then the volume remains stable.

problem returned today.. :(

Same problem here with a Sonos Beam Gen 2 and a Philips 65OLED705/12 with Firmware TPM191E_R.201.000.248.227.

Never had this until the recent updates. Not sure whether it appeared after the Firmware update on the TV or the update to the Sonos app since those appeared almost simultaneously. The TV, as a source of the problem, seems more plausible to me. These volume increases only happen when the sound is coming from the TV and not when I play Spotify or a radiostation through my Beam.  I have tried turning of practically everything on my network but that did not solve the problem. Seems like an issue in the Philips firmware.

I have the exact same issue. Philips Ambilight 55OLED855/12. Firmware TPM191E_R.201.000.248.227.

Sonos Arc, sub + 2xOne. Volume increases with steps of +2/+6. Sonos support tells me it's the TV, they recognize the volume is going up, but cannot identify the trigger. They don't see any remote or app or touch increasing the volume. 

Hope Sonos reads this and aligns with Philips on improvements/updates

Hi,

I had a same problem and I fixed. I had a answer with instruction from philips support.

I installed older firmware TPM191E_R.201.000.248.217, link https://app.box.com/s/wi5ojzse2psvh2tehh9w6sztj6dlwpt4 according with this instruction

I've had the same volume level for a few hours now :)

Hi,

I had a same problem and I fixed. I had a answer with instruction from philips support.

I installed older firmware TPM191E_R.201.000.248.217, link https://app.box.com/s/wi5ojzse2psvh2tehh9w6sztj6dlwpt4 according with this instruction

I've had the same volume level for a few hours now :)

Doing the same thing now. I'll report back the results here.🤓😁

Previously I got no descent answers from Philips support. They gave me all kind of instructions that wouldn't work. They where not capable of recognizing a firmware flaw. Incompetence is the way of the helpdesk.

This took a lot of time since I had to reinstall and reconfigure all my apps but unfortunately it did not solve the problem. My volume is still going up randomly with this firmware version

TPM191E_R.201.000.248.217.

This took a lot of time since I had to reinstall and reconfigure all my apps but unfortunately it did not solve the problem. My volume is still going up randomly with this firmware version

TPM191E_R.201.000.248.217.

I have soundbar PHILIPS TAB8505/10 not sonos, maybe fix software for philips equipment 

I really tried everything and nothing seemed to work until I found a post on a Dutch site that said the problem was gone after the Ziggo-Go app was removed. Therefore I removed the Ziggo-go app and since than my volume is stable. So the solution was actually much simpler than having to install old firmware's and completely resetting my TV by the TP-Vision helpdesk.

I really tried everything and nothing seemed to work until I found a post on a Dutch site that said the problem was gone after the Ziggo-Go app was removed. Therefore I removed the Ziggo-go app and since than my volume is stable. So the solution was actually much simpler than having to install old firmware's and completely resetting my TV by the TP-Vision helpdesk.

Hi, 

However version TPM191E_R.201.000.248.217 not fix bug ;) I had to again downgrade firmware to version TPM191E _ 101.002.178.000 – Date: 2022/05/11 (before broken update) and now it works good.

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct

This was the solution for me. Thanks/dankjewel!

Maybe it has also something to do with the latest firmware of the tv because the problem only existed since a few months for me.

I even had the mobo replaced by a technician a few weeks ago (under warranty luckily). The problem was gone for about a week and then came back (because I installed the Ziggo Go app again 🙃).

This was the solution for me. Thanks/dankjewel!

I read that the Telenet App in Belgium (which is also owned by Liberty Global) has the same problem. That is under the cover probably the same code. 

Liberty Global also owns a few other companies so their App might have the same problem.

Here you'l find the brands owned by Liberty Global

Thanks for the solution. This issue was driving me crazy. After removing the Ziggo Go app this behaviour is gone.

Philips 55OLED706 (2021)

Software: TPM211EA_R.101.001.004.252 (march 2024)

Sonos setup: Arc, Sub gen.3, 2* One SL