Hoping to get some support here as Sonos support has been highly disappointing. I have had a Sonos Arc and Sub Gen3 for 7 months and recently added a pair of One SL’s to make the system a compplete 5.1.2. There were no issues initially until last week and quite recently I have started to experience the below symptoms:
- Sub Gen 3 and Surrounds completely pair out and produce no sound
- Produce Lag when a track is played
- All speakers show Online in the app (Arc+Sub+LS+RS) and I dont see “?”
- Problem is consistent across platforms when it happens » Playing TV, Apple Airplay, Netflix, Youtube
I have a basic Wifi setup with dual band wifi and mesh that has been there for 6+ months. Initially, I tried rebooting each device which resolved the issue temporarily until it occured again. I then resetted the whole system from scratch starting with Arc, Sub and surrounds each. However, the problem didnt go away. I raised a case with Sonos and to my luck, I came across engineers who dont fully understand the problem and started recommending by shooting in the dark, I did however try all of that:
- Changing the Wireless Channel
- Hardwiring my Sonos Arc to Router and ensuring each component displays WM0
The problem still continues and experience is that if you let the media play for 15-20 minutes, it reconnects and then few minutes later gets back to problematic state. I have tried every possible combination, tried disabling Wifi Band steering, changing channel to 1, 11, Hardwiring, resetting but nothing seems to work. Neither, I am able to get hold of a qualified technician who fully understands the problem.
Unsure, if there is someone in the community who has faced this as mostly the boards I read have Play1’s, etc. I have the diagnostics from when the problem occured as below:
- 1411405691 » Sub and Surrounds complelety drop out and produce no audio. They show as Online in the App
- 1272869643 » Sub, surrounds and Arc are Out of synch and have lag which is easily distinguishable
The case number I have open is ******** . I was told telephonically yesterday that escalation team will be in touch but that hasnt happened. I feel I have wasted 3500 AU$ spent and should have stuck with Bose instead.
Would anyone know the escalation matrix in Australia as well?
Moderator Note: removed case number
Best answer by Corry PView original