Answered

Sonos Beam placement above tv

• 12 July 2018
  • 4 replies

Placement of Sonos beam above tv? Will the sound be just as ideal as the placement of the beam below the tv?
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 12 July 2018, 10:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Placement of Sonos beam above tv? Will the sound be just as ideal as the placement of the beam below the tv?

Yes, there is no difference between above or below your TV.
Well, I think that depends on where the tv is placed. I currently have one of my TV's placed above a fireplace, tilted down. If I placed a beam above that, basically hugging the ceiling, I don't think the sound would be as good, particularly if it's not also tilted down. As well, there is the mic to consider, I wouldn't think that would pic up voices placed near the ceiling like that.

But yes, for a typical setup where the tv is a meter or so off the ground, probably won't make a difference.
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
I currently have one of my TV's placed above a fireplace, tilted down. If I placed a beam above that, basically hugging the ceiling, I don't think the sound would be as good, particularly if it's not also tilted down.

I'm curious, just like how putting a speaker/sub in a corner makes the bass more pronounced, wonder if it would have the same affect on the Beam up at the ceiling? Or am I just talking nonsense!? LOL
how far above your fireplace did you put it