Sonos Arc & DTS via PCM on Panasonic UB9000....

Show first post

87 replies

Userlevel 7

You are probably just experiencing what is described below which is completely normal with the Arcana:

From the Arcana manual FAQ:

I notice a short black screen / resync when starting a content that i didn't have or noticed when connected direct to TV?
All that is normal, you will have the same if you insert any device in between, like an AVR, splitter, matrix, switcher, video processor, and the more device you have in the same chain, the longer this will take, the only way to have that nearly not noticeable is SOURCE > DISPLAY direct since signal goes straight to panel driver. If menu is 60Hz and content 24Hz then there will be a resync like for any video format change, if you have SOURCE > TV, then sure you never noticed it but insert any device in between and you will have the exact same, just normal, HDMI resync.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Thanks for finding that out for me….

It does seem to ease off after watching the channel for a few minutes, but every time I switch to the Sky Q main menu & back again, there is a slight delay….

Userlevel 7

Is there an actual audio delay or does the sound just cut out for a few seconds while the Arcana is resyncing?

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Is there an actual audio delay or does the sound just cut out for a few seconds while the Arcana is resyncing?

It’s an audio cut off, which would make sense with the info you sent me….

Another strange thing I noticed is the Sonos S2 app is no longer showing my Arc/Sub/One SL rears on the app?

Ive reset the app, but still nothing showing up on the app?

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Do you leave your switch on all the time or is it safer to put into standby?

Userlevel 7

Do you leave your switch on all the time or is it safer to put into standby?

Whichever you prefer, or whatever works best for your setup.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I have been on a chat with HD Fury in regards to the setup with the Arcana & they seemed to insinuate that I will need a HDMI switcher….

I’m not sure if you would know this & apologies if I word this incorrectly, but currently Sky Q is playing all Dolby content perfectly, so if I connect my gear as you have kindly shown me, (Panasonic HDMI VIDEO OUT to Arcana HDMI IN, Sonos Arc to Arcana eARC OUT, TV HDMI 3 eARC to Arcana HDMI OUT)

what sound would the Sky Q box output, when a Dolby Atmos soundtrack is playing on a movie/TV program?

Userlevel 7

If the Sky Q box is currently playing the audio you want, you can just leave the Sky Q as it is and just connect the Panasonic UHD player directly to the Arcana. If you want to connect both the Sky Q and Panasonic to the Arcana, you need an HDMI switch.

Do the people on the HDFury boards know that your TV is equipped with eARC?

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

If the Sky Q box is currently playing the audio you want, you can just leave the Sky Q as it is and just connect the Panasonic UHD player directly to the Arcana. If you want to connect both the Sky Q and Panasonic to the Arcana, you need an HDMI switch.

Do the people on the HDFury boards know that your TV is equipped with eARC?

That is what I thought.?

Sky Q is playing any Atmos film, in Atmos & all other films/TV shows in Dolby Digital….

I told them that my TV is eARC, but they simply said that either Atmos will come through as normal, or no sound will come through??

Userlevel 7

When does your Arcana arrive?

I would keep the Sky Q connected to the TV and connect the Panasonic to the Arcana and test it. If the people on the HDFury boards are correct (I don’t think they are) and the Sky Q box doesn’t work, you can add an HDMI switch.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Updated the Arcana & changed the cables around, yet I still get the odd sound drop when watching Netflix via the Sky Q app….?

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

When does your Arcana arrive?

I would keep the Sky Q connected to the TV and connect the Panasonic to the Arcana and test it. If the people on the HDFury boards are correct (I don’t think they are) and the Sky Q box doesn’t work, you can add an HDMI switch.

Hopefully it will be here tomorrow?

I hope it works as you discussed, as that would be ideal for me & my setup….🤞