Skip to main content
Question

Unable to download update, unable to login as “owner”

Unable to login as the system owner. I’ve had the same devices on the same internet, under the same profile, for four years.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

85 replies

Userlevel 3

I have one account.  One login. Same login for six years.  If I am not the system owner, I would like to know who is.  I log into the sonos web page with the same login I have used since I set up the system.  Again, if I’m not the system owner, who is?

I cannot change anything in the app.  My music library/connection to my media server is gone.  My connection to Sirius is gone.

I HATE this new app, and I want to use the old layout.  I do not want to have to factory reset a Connect and TEN speakers, just because sonos messed up the app. I have one account, one login. I am the one who bought all the speakers. I am the one who added them all to the system.

I tried calling support.  There were 45 people in front of me.  When the number got to 21, they decided the workday was over, disconnected me, and basically blamed me (in the message) for not being there when it was my turn.

Hey Sonos - I AM THE SYSTEM OWNER!!! How about fix YOUR mistakes!!! Roll this thing back and let ME decide if I want to use the new app layout - which I won’t, because IT SUCKS!!!

Same issue here, trying to add speaker. Already logged on as owner and tells me to log off and log on again.

Yes! My Sonos is brand new too and I used it ONCE before it started saying this exact message?? Seriously, Sonos — can you sort this out ASAP! Should’ve just gone with a UEBoom at this rate

Dear Sonos,

Please fix this endless OWNER login App Loop. This new App is horrible, I am not able to use my Sonos surround system that I have been using for 5 years! I tried everything from factory reset - it is not working. Sonos - FIX YOUR BUGs, or give us our money back! 

Not sure if this will help anyone or not, but it might.

I updated the app on my iphone and was stuck in the sign in as account owner loop. I did a live chat that didn’t help at all. He escalated and told me to call phone support. (why doesn’t chat have the same capabilities as phone support? Just dumb if you ask me) But before that he had me rest it and create a new system. It was still showing not connected and not showing my speaker. 

I remembered I had the old app on my ipad so I got on my ipad and was able to use the old app to update the software and get my speaker back connected to my account. Once I did all that I deleted the new app on my phone, deleted cached data and redownloaded the app. When I signed in my speaker was there and I was able to readd all my services and finally get my speaker working again!

Hope this helps someone!

Same isssue here!!! Resolve fast please!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Bought 2 new era 100’s to add to my arc, same issues as above ? Continuous loop, couldn’t get through to support. Very disappointed 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Try the web app people, it’s not a fix but it might work as temporary workaround. 

Userlevel 1

I tried the web app you can’t use a device (iPhone) you need a desktop 

We have the same problem with some speakers in our company. Very bad

Userlevel 2

Is there still no solution for this? I’ve recently changed WiFi after getting a new mesh. Factory reset the first speaker and added it to the network successfully only to then get stuck in this ridiculous loop. I am the product owner, and all the devices show up associated with my account, but I can neither re-add them or update them.  Now the app is stuck in this loop, I can’t even factory reset and fix the WiFi for my remaining speakers so am left stuck. That there appears to be no official acknowledgment of the problems is rather insulting at this stage. We need an ETA on when we can expect a resolution. 

Have the same issue here. It keeps looping on asking to sign in as owner and update. 

i just changed my wifi, did factory reset and this happened. I tried deleting my app on my phone, and installing it again. But still doesn’t work.

Any proper solution?

thanks,

aseto

Userlevel 1
Badge

Someone reccomend another brand of speakers t replace this useless shitty sonos crap, it’s been a downhill trip from the getgo, we want s1 back with full fast local libaries, volume control on the hardware buttons and less fucking useless crap or lose your customer base Sonos.

Userlevel 2

It looks like a new app update has been released just now. I’ve managed to get my speakers all sorted! Hopefully this will be the case for everyone else too. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

It looks like a new app update has been released just now. I’ve managed to get my speakers all sorted! Hopefully this will be the case for everyone else too. 

did a full reinstall with the lastest build, nothing is working, i can’t even play 1 song from spotify without it stops and rewinds back to 0sec.

Userlevel 2

Hmm, I used app version 80.00.08 from the Apple App Store and it seems to work. It was only released 3 hours ago. I can’t say if the Android app has been fixed or what its status is. 

good luck getting your system online again. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hmm, I used app version 80.00.08 from the Apple App Store and it seems to work. It was only released 3 hours ago. I can’t say if the Android app has been fixed or what its status is. 

im on iphone aswell, and i did the reinstall  just 1h ago.

Really poor. Spent hours trying to fix this on Sonos 1. While it is of some comfort to know I’m not going  crazy, like everyone I’d rather not be here. I’m surprised that Sonos aren’t on here picking this up and saying something. 

Well, since writing the last I’ve done a hard reset with Ethernet connection and added as a new speaker after green light. So now I’m listening to the speaker while I type this BUT I can’t connect to WiFi 🤬🤬 just don’t seem to be any options to manage. Should say I deleted current app and downloaded new.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Well, since writing the last I’ve done a hard reset with Ethernet connection and added as a new speaker after green light. So now I’m listening to the speaker while I type this BUT I can’t connect to WiFi 🤬🤬 just don’t seem to be any options to manage. Should say I deleted current app and downloaded new.

they pushed an early alpha build because timeline or die - f*** the customers. We will just have to wait, i will use the time to find some new other brand speakers, tbh sonos is going to s***.

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

I downloaded it and it is still stuck in the update/owner login loop.  Anyone know what the app is for IOS desktop?

I figure out the problem by: 

1. Uninstalling the app, removing all password related to the previous installation in my iphone 
  2. Downloading the new app
  3. Reseting all sonos (https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/reset-your-sonos-product)
  4. Reinstalling all sonos though the new iphone app

I this helps. 

Best regards

Set up successfully with the new version of the app released 6 hours ago. That really did not need to be so painful SONOS, next time a bit better qc before pushing the app live please. Spare your users some lost hours and frustration.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Set up successfully with the new version of the app released 6 hours ago. That really did not need to be so painful SONOS, next time a bit better qc before pushing the app live please. Spare your users some lost hours and frustration.

Diddnt work here. Dont waste your time.

I ended up using the MAC OS app to connect to my original ARC and then -- miraculously -- the app worked and I could add my new Move 2.  What a strange and frustrating experience.