TuneIn Radio

• 10 December 2020
  • 5 replies

The podcasts I saved in My Radio Stations in TuneIn are no longer updating with the latest editions.  Does anybody else have this problem?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @kcrook.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

There are some reports about missing stations in tune in especially in UK, can you please try the following steps first if you encounter the error message shown below then the thread below UK master thread might help you out.

1. We need to verify the station has indeed been restricted and that it isn't a different issue.
  2. Using the TuneIN App on a device connected to the same network as Sonos.
  3. Try to find the respective station within the TuneIN App.
  4. If you are unable to find the station in the TuneIN App, then the station is unfortunately no longer available via TuneIN to listeners in the UK.
  5. If you find the station and see the message ""Regional Restriction, this station is not available in your country" 
    then the station is unfortunately no longer available via TuneIN to listeners in the UK .

Screenshot 2020-09-11 at 15.40.53.png

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

The station is still available, so the problem must lie somewhere else.  The shows on this station are normally available for a week on TuneIn, after which time they drop off, to be replaced by the latest one.  However for about two weeks now, they’ve not been updating, and the three I can see from a couple of particular DJs are over two weeks old and should have disappeared by now.  None of the most recent shows have appeared (I can find them on the BBC website, so they should be available).

For additional information, the stations are from the UK, and I am in Switzerland.

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @kcrook.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

It might have to do with the tune in.

Also, some of the community members might provide their own opinion and fix for this.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

It might have to do with TuneIn, but since Sonos provides this service on their platform, shouldn’t Sonos have some more information on this?  Asking me to rely on the community for help (although there is a lot of great help out there) seems as though Sonos doesn’t feel any sense of responsibility.

Thanks.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @kcrook.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

I’d understand where your coming from since you don't have any clue about this issue.

I suggest contacting Tunein also to clarify some things about missing stations.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.