Answered

Sonos System can‘t be found by new app

Show first post

104 replies

Same issue here, with latest app still not resolved. System comes and goes from time to time in Sonos app. I found out after Spotify connect did not show my Sonos devices anymore.

Also can't group with Roam on WiFi.

I am very surprised this passed their Quality Assurance process. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’ve had 2 new era 100’s since the 11th of may completely unusable because my app has stopped working since trying to add them. Seen a few people in here, over the 6 weeks of monitoring this chat, saying hardwiring can sort it so I’ve spent £74 on 2 x 18m Ethernet cables long enough to reach where the 100’s are (on a wall behind sofa) and also had to buy 2 Sonos adapters at £40 each because the 100’s don’t have a standard port (absolute joke!). Luckily I’m an electrician and running cables is part of my daily work but I’ve spent hours today running in the ethernets. If I had paid someone to do this it would have cost £££. Still awaiting the adapters so will update in here once it’s all hardwired with a verdict.  

I can confirm this has fixed my app somehow and everything works perfectly 

Update: I had to restart my router for the connectivity to work.

Unfortunately, the software has always left something to be desired.  We've always had quirky issues.  However, with the release of the major app update recently, our home's speakers are nearly useless.  The app in itself is such a convoluted mess and has stripped out any intuitive features it once had.  User experience for simply combining speakers, adjusting volume, assigning line-in to speakers, etc is such a non-intuitive process resulting in a lot of frustration. 

I wish it ended there.  The app no longer finds all speakers in the home.  The app no longer combines speakers when we tell it to.  The app will drop speakers after starting music and there's no way to turn the music off.  The app will not turn music on. The app will not adjust volumes when requested.  The app has significant lag and delay communicating to speakers.  The app plays music in rooms we never told it to.  

We are left with thousands of dollars of speakers with literal minds of their own and little way to control them.  Reading app reviews indicates this is a significant issue with anyone with Sonos products.  Do your supporters right, and eliminate this new app and revert back to what works until all of this mess is figured out.