Answered

Sonos System can‘t be found by new app

Show first post

104 replies

Very similar issue.  I installed 1 of 4 Sonos:5 speakers and then was forced to upgrade the app.  The new app will not recognize the system or allow me to install the other 3 speakers and/or sub.  

This is pathetic management of an upgrade.  Seems they forgot to test with their own products.  Now i have $3500 of equipment that is useable.

Sonos - seems we are owed an answer, especially since you are forcing the upgrade and have no path go path to go back to the old version.

Userlevel 2

Same issue with Samsung S23 Ultra running Android 14. Open the "new" app and it tells me it can't find my system. Close it, re-open it, and it magically appears. I have lost all my favourite YouTube radio stations as well. My dislike of Sonos has been steadily decreasing for years due to the glitchiness of the app and the lack of stability overall. Like others, I have thousands invested in a system that I am now not very interested in using because the experience has been so poor.

Oh - I almost forgot. There was no mention of The Boost becoming obsolete in the introductory emails for the "improved" app. So the two Boosts I bought with the intention of improving the numerous dropouts are now paperweights, and Sonos didn't tell me. Will not be spending another dime on these products - never had a situation where I've been so pleased with a company initially and then so angry later on.

Sorry to say: After using and enjoying Sonos over years I can‘t see any progress in the updated Apps. Sonos was a good (the best) system on the market with a very helpful and easy to use App years ago. Then update after update, the new Apps were not compatible with older speaker. The newest update can‘t even find the system .. I‘m really disappointed!!

Same exact here.  So frustrating!   It will sometime come up after minutes delay & then disconnect right away. The only way I'm able to play music on my 4 speakers after this horrible, forced on me, update is thru the Amazon Alexa app [enable Sonos skill.  FYI-it wouldn't enable on my cell phone but worked on my tablet].  

Same issue...at our beach house and at our home...updated app..big mistake!!   Shape up Sonos.  I have thousands of dollars invested in your equipment..

Exactly the same issue, my current system works fine on the old app on my iPad, but the new app on my iPhone it can’t find anything. Feels like they’ve rushed the app out so they can release the headphones next month...

same issue. “Unable to load content”. Reauthorized the system 4 times, same issue. The updated app does not work! When will we have an update to remedy the failed app update? ios iphone app.

Det är samma skit här,kan inte ansluta någon av 6 högtalare när jag hade uppdaterat appen,  det är alltid väldigt komplicerar att installera om när en sådan händer, vet inte när får jag igång de igen. Sonos behöver förbättrar sig framöver.

Same exact here.  So frustrating!   It will sometime come up after minutes delay & then disconnect right away.

Glad to see I’m not the only one having an issue with this, I’ve completely lost my system since my app updated yesterday. Occasionally my Arc will appear on the app after a few minutes wait, but it disappears again a minute later. Alternatively, the second I try to add any of the other speakers, the app kills the system again:

I’ve tried updating the Arc and Sub to the new firmware in the hopes it would work better with the new app, but, well...

Userlevel 2
Badge

I just spent an hour on a chat with someone from Sonos for the same thing and he was very condescending and telling me that I wasn’t closing the app to be able to re-sign in as the owner. Now I have a case number and I have to call a technician. They better fix this * gonna throw the system right at them .. I regret getting the Sonos system

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

This just happened to me last night, on hold for 75 minutes and then going round in circles with an operator for 1 hour and 15 before I gave up. They had me resetting my arc 5 separate times, it was very frustrating considering I know there is no issue with my WiFi and it’s the Sonos app causing the issues. I can’t connect anything to my phone or tv now, it all happened 2 days ago when I tried connecting 2 new era 100’s to my arc set up, and it made me try and update the app. What a HUGE mistake it was buying more Sonos I wish I had knew. The operator told me the way to fix it would be hard wire my arc to WiFi and set it up from there but this would be a permanent fix for some weeks or months, which makes no sense. So I decided to give up as I realised they have no idea what’s going on and are just wasting time. I’m very unhappy that I have just bought 2 new speakers for it to make me not even use my original speaker at all, wtf? 

Userlevel 2

Same issue with Samsung S23 Ultra running Android 14. Open the "new" app and it tells me it can't find my system. Close it, re-open it, and it magically appears. I have lost all my favourite YouTube radio stations as well. My dislike of Sonos has been steadily decreasing for years due to the glitchiness of the app and the lack of stability overall. Like others, I have thousands invested in a system that I am now not very interested in using because the experience has been so poor.

Oh - I almost forgot. There was no mention of The Boost becoming obsolete in the introductory emails for the "improved" app. So the two Boosts I bought with the intention of improving the numerous dropouts are now paperweights, and Sonos didn't tell me. Will not be spending another dime on these products - never had a situation where I've been so pleased with a company initially and then so angry later on.

Just re-read this - meant to write my dislike of Sonos has been steadily INcreasing, not decreasing, although I'm sure everyone understood based on the rest of the post. I also feel somewhat fortunate, in that my problems seem minor compared to the other ones described. Hard to believe a modern company whose selling point is convenience has completely removed that from the equation. For a long time, I've felt like I have been stuck with expensive, unreliable junk.

Userlevel 1

It seems i’m not alone, my Sonos frustration has finally become too much. The updated new app is not recognising my expensive system of a Sound Bar, 4Play 1’s, Play 2 and a Play 5!

I need reliability with my radio/music system.

With no worthwhile feedback from Sonos and I will now start looking for an alternative system!!

Hi all - I am suffering the same, updated my iPhone App and lost everything, wife hasn’t updated and still ok - no matter what I have done (resets, reboots, re-installed App’s etc etc etc etc) I just can’t get my stem recognised and registered - AND no way on contacting Sonos, tried to call within the opening hours stated, closed, tried message on live chat, and after going through “Bot”, no live agents available - like everyone else, had a fantastic system for c10 years that I have spent ££££’s on, and it’s just collecting dust - UNBELIEVABLE !

If anyone get’s anywhere / finds a solution, … please PLEASE share ?

Hi all - I am suffering the same, updated my iPhone App and lost everything, wife hasn’t updated and still ok - no matter what I have done (resets, reboots, re-installed App’s etc etc etc etc) I just can’t get my stem recognised and registered - AND no way on contacting Sonos, tried to call within the opening hours stated, closed, tried message on live chat, and after going through “Bot”, no live agents available - like everyone else, had a fantastic system for c10 years that I have spent ££££’s on, and it’s just collecting dust - UNBELIEVABLE !

If anyone get’s anywhere / finds a solution, … please PLEASE share ?

Hi Smithchops.  I found a bit of a work around.  If you get the Amazon Alexa App [on mobile or tablet] you can link to the speakers.  Must add the Sonos Skill to the AA App. Then it will walk you thru linking the speakers.  You can verbally control speakers. Better than nothing for now until Sonos fix.

Same issue here.  Automatic update bricked my system to the point I can’t even delete and add it back to get it to show up reliably.  The app won’t even start on my iPhone and the iPad is very buggy.  I really hate that Sonos could break my stereo like this.

Userlevel 1

SONOS you need to sort this. It’s the crappest app you’ve released thus far. I, as indeed others in this forum, have invested significantly in your hardware as loyal customers believing in the brand. We all know this app was not ready for release and how it passed your development QA is beyond me! Sounds like someone needs to get fired. Get it fixed and quick. 

Updated the app on my IPhone 14 Pro and everything has gone. 

App on my MacBook is working fine. This was always my biggest fear with a service like Sonos. They’d screw up and refute to admit that there is a problem. Right now I have an entire home system I can do nothing with from my phone. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

My whole system is useless as I’ve only ever used it on my phone, so nothing works. Tried everything I’ve seen in comments from borrowing an android to getting an Amazon Alexa speaker to try and connect my speakers. Also a 207 minute phone call with Sonos and I’m nowhere. The app is to blame and needs sorted asap

The same happened to me!! The new app can find my era 300 as surround speakers and to help I can find the sub ... The speakers they seem to work but the app can't find them a complete disgrace for a company like Sonos, why they don't test the app beforehand frustrating looks like the company needs a good cleaning starting at the management level.

Userlevel 1

Same here.  Galaxy Note 10+, 5 x sonos speakers.  System not found.  All fine before the upgrade and I'm a network engineer for a living so not a prob at my end.  I won't be resetting or trying to re-add anything  as I know everything is fine my end.  This is 100% this new app.    If I rolled out a change like this via change control it would be considered a FAILED CHANGE and the CAB board would insist that I back out the change and invoke my back out plan.  So, come on change control.  This is a FAILED CHANGE.  You broke thousands of customers systems.  INVOKE THE BACK OUT PLAN AND ROLL BACK TO THE PREVIOUS VERSION.  It isn't difficult and it must have been part of the change control procedure.  BACK OUT!!! 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Same here.  Galaxy Note 10+, 5 x sonos speakers.  System not found.  All fine before the upgrade and I'm a network engineer for a living so not a prob at my end.  I won't be resetting or trying to re-add anything  as I know everything is fine my end.  This is 100% this new app.    If I rolled out a change like this via change control it would be considered a FAILED CHANGE and the CAB board would insist that I back out the change and invoke my back out plan.  So, come on change control.  This is a FAILED CHANGE.  You broke thousands of customers systems.  INVOKE THE BACK OUT PLAN AND ROLL BACK TO THE PREVIOUS VERSION.  It isn't difficult and it must have been part of the change control procedure.  BACK OUT!!! 

👏

I can’t play anything anymore because I cannot connect to my system. It says no connected products when I’ve got 20 in the house. Anyone have a work around? Worst update I believe anyone has ever done. 

The only way I can use my Sonos Roam is connecting to Bluetooth on my iPhone 

Same here. Got a Play:1 and it said that I needed to update the app. I didn’t know what was bound to happen… I updated the app being excited to see what they changed or added and then… nothing worked! Luckily I can still play music from Spotify by mirroring to the speaker, but my system is not found at all in the app…

Sonos, please fix.

Userlevel 1

The only way I can use my Sonos Roam is connecting to Bluetooth on my iPhone 

Same here.  Cannot connect to my beam. The roam only works in Bluetooth mode.  Shocking how bad this software is and the support team is willing to point the finger at the users, when they full well know it is their app.

I have the same issue, the app does not see my system. However I can on my laptop, log into the sonos web site and click “System” and like magic the system shows up on the website.  Go back to the iphone app...doesn’t see a friggin thing.  For as much as these things cost…..this seems like a big flub...and there should be more information out there.  Im a software engineer…..should be a simpler process