No access to my Apple Music from my Sonos

• 15 November 2020
  • 5 replies

When I try to access Apple Music items from my Sonos, I just get ‘No selections are available’.  In IPad Settings, my membership is definitely active.   In Sonos Settings, my Apple account is shown - when I click on it and try to Reauthorize Account, it shows my correct Apple ID, and when I press Continue, it says Setup Complete, but it isn’t!  Any help, please?  When I add a new Sonos Apple account name, that goes through ok, but I can’t access recordings already in my list with my original Sonos Apple Account name. 

Stuart

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Tenby.

Thanks for reaching out and for your detailed post, let me help and try to figure this out.

Have you tried to totally remove and re-add back the Apple Music service from the Sonos app?
Remove a music service account from Sonos

Add a music service to Sonos

You may also try to uninstall and re-install the Sonos app as a suggested fix that I’ve found on this thread:

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/apple-music-no-selections-are-available-6833356

If the above advice was followed and the issue persists, please submit a diagnostic report, and reply with the confirmation number, I'd start by reviewing your system and see if there’s anything causing this issue.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.

Hi Annazel.

Thanks for your reply.  Before I do your suggestions, can I please check with you whether removing and then adding the Apple Music Service, or uninstalling and the re-installing the |Sonos App will lose any of the saved music in my Sonos?

Thanks,

Stuart

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Tenby.

Thanks for your response. 

Removing a music service account will not alter your subscription with the music service provider in any way. Content (songs, albums, artists, playlists, etc.) you’ve added to My SonosSonos Playlists, or Sonos Favorites using this service will no longer be playable and will need to be manually removed.

While resetting the Sonos app should not change any settings that you made, it is basically just the app itself that will be removed from the controller. Once you re-install the Sonos app it will ask you to login with your Sonos account and the settings made within the app should be intact.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.

Thanks, Annazel.  I tried those two actions and no change happened.  I then thought I ought to check the Apple recordings that I had saved and discovered that Apple no longer make them available. 

So thanks for your very quick responses to my problem, but it was just Apple changing their offerings, i.e. problem solved!

Regards,

Stuart

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Tenby

Thanks for your response and update.

I highly appreciate your time and effort in working through this and sharing the resolution with us.

I’m glad to hear that it was clarified, and this can certainly help those community members that might experience the same scenario.

If in any case that you may have questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.

Cheers!