Skip to main content
Question

can’t clear sonos queue in new app

Hi,

i have just downloaded the updated version of the app. Does anyone know how to clear a queue in the new app version?

Many thanks

nick

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

59 replies

Thanks very much I appreciate your reply, such a shame that the new App is such a disappointment

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I’ve had Sonos for over 20 years.  It sucks more and more each year.  Ever since they hired the genius from Blackberry, downhill.

Userlevel 2

New App is a joke. Can’t clear a queue unless replacing with something else. I use the clear function to make sure music is not going to accidentally played in the garden or garage.also the option to add to the end of a queue  is missing and I used this option a lot. As I browse  my library it’s useful to pick a track  and add to the end of the queue and then pick another and not have to wait until a track finishes to play the next one. 
Sonos, Wake up and either fix this or roll back to the previous version.

used to be seamless but now it has gone backwards. Fix it fast please.

Userlevel 2

Update
80.00.08 (14May 24)

thought this might have fixed it, how wrong can you be? Can’t see what they’ve done. 

Userlevel 1

I am amazed that they went out with thus crap. If I cannot clear a playlist or edit it, this becomes useless. My 6-year-old has a loudspeaker in his room that I used to clear everytime he had spent too long on his audiobooks, now I have to choose between bad and worse, that is, between audiobooks or music.

thank you not Sonos

How do you clear the queue using the IOS app on desktop? Please step by step. I am so mad about this update, this sucks.

TG I thought I was losing it! @sonos we need clear queue back on app!! iPhone user 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Shocking how bad the new app is. My tablet updated to the new app even although I had the automatic update switched off.

Userlevel 2

How about simply editing queue? That was key feature 

Redesign is a total fail. Redesign is a total fail.

Userlevel 2

New App is a joke. Can’t clear a queue unless replacing with something else. I use the clear function to make sure music is not going to accidentally played in the garden or garage.also the option to add to the end of a queue  is missing and I used this option a lot. As I browse  my library it’s useful to pick a track  and add to the end of the queue and then pick another and not have to wait until a track finishes to play the next one. 
Sonos, Wake up and either fix this or roll back to the previous version.

used to be seamless but now it has gone backwards. Fix it fast please.

True product management failure. And beyond the design flaws, thing is buggy. I can’t even adjust the volume.

The new update app is awful. I agree with the comments in thread above. I am going round in circles looking for simple functionality (like clearing the queue), that I valued and am not compelled to use a new app which does less, in a longer and more confusing journey thru app. It’s terrible. 

Am I right in thinking I need to put my iPhone down, logon to my desktop, and clear queue there? Surely not. I do not want to re-learn how to play music in my home every time an update is released. 

This latest update is so frustrating I have gone back to using my cheap EWA tiny portable $15 speaker, someone should be held accountable for releasing this. Waste of the 6 sonos speakers and 2 sound bars!!!

Userlevel 2

Hi,

i have just downloaded the updated version of the app. Does anyone know how to clear a queue in the new app version?

Many thanks

nick

Thought it was just me being a bit dim and not being able to see the clear queue option.  You would think that this would be a fairly basic requirement for the app but obviously not.  This new app is complete dog****!

Userlevel 2

Response From Sonos After I Wrote To Patrick CEO.

Hello, 

First, we’d like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and with our CEO, Patrick. We’ve received a great deal of feedback thus far, on both the improvements made as well as where we fell short. We expect that feedback will continue to roll in, so we’ll be working through it all in the coming weeks. We also recognize that there is more work to be done on the Sonos App, and want to provide you with an update.

We’re happy to share that we delivered a software update on May 14 reintroducing the ability to add and edit alarms, as well as initial screen reader improvements for iOS VoiceOver that will allow users to more easily navigate the app. If you are missing these features, ensure that your Sonos App and products are all up to date: https://support.sonos.com/article/update-your-sonos-speakers

Over the coming weeks, we will reintroduce the below features, while fixing bugs and addressing performance issues:

-Additional improvements for screen readers for visually impaired customers: May 21
-Adding to queue and playing next: early June
-Sleep timer: mid-June
-Local music library search and playback: mid-June 
-Update Wi-Fi settings: mid-June

Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us. We’re working hard to bring these features to the new Sonos App quickly. If you are experiencing an issue with your Sonos System, feel free to visit these helpful resources, or get in contact with us:

-Sonos Community: https://en.community.sonos.com
-Sonos App User Guide: https://www.sonos.com/guides/sonosapp
-Sonos Support Home: https://support.sonos.com
-Sonos Support Contact: https://support.sonos.com/contact

Kind Regards,
The Sonos Customer Experience Team

Response From Sonos After I Wrote To Patrick CEO.

Hello, 

First, we’d like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and with our CEO, Patrick. We’ve received a great deal of feedback thus far, on both the improvements made as well as where we fell short. We expect that feedback will continue to roll in, so we’ll be working through it all in the coming weeks. We also recognize that there is more work to be done on the Sonos App, and want to provide you with an update.

We’re happy to share that we delivered a software update on May 14 reintroducing the ability to add and edit alarms, as well as initial screen reader improvements for iOS VoiceOver that will allow users to more easily navigate the app. If you are missing these features, ensure that your Sonos App and products are all up to date: https://support.sonos.com/article/update-your-sonos-speakers

Over the coming weeks, we will reintroduce the below features, while fixing bugs and addressing performance issues:

-Additional improvements for screen readers for visually impaired customers: May 21
-Adding to queue and playing next: early June
-Sleep timer: mid-June
-Local music library search and playback: mid-June 
-Update Wi-Fi settings: mid-June

Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us. We’re working hard to bring these features to the new Sonos App quickly. If you are experiencing an issue with your Sonos System, feel free to visit these helpful resources, or get in contact with us:

-Sonos Community: https://en.community.sonos.com
-Sonos App User Guide: https://www.sonos.com/guides/sonosapp
-Sonos Support Home: https://support.sonos.com
-Sonos Support Contact: https://support.sonos.com/contact

Kind Regards,
The Sonos Customer Experience Team

At least the messages coming out of Sonos are consistent and the same/similar as posted here then, some time ago…

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/the-new-sonos-app-and-future-feature-updates

… and also mentioned by the Sonos Staff here a couple of weeks back:

I think the room queues can be cleared via the desktop controller App on Mac/Windows, or by 3rd Party Apps. I use Soro on my iOS devices, as that can batch wipe ‘any’, or ‘all’, room queues. I used that though alongside the earlier S2 App.

It can be done to a schedule too (such as overnight etc.)

I like many on this community do not run Sonos via desk top as we use it when we are sitting eating drinking reading etc, not when we have logged off our desk top at the end of a working day.

the sooner the app is fixed to work like an app, the better.

using a desk top to run Sonos is absolutely not a fix 

I hadn’t perceived @Ken_Griffiths post as a ‘fix’, but instead a workaround until such time Sonos performs the true ‘fix’. 

Lots of hardware with now useless app. Thank you Sonos for * up what was already working well. 

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

Is it me or did the response from the CEO leave off CLEARING THE QUEUE.

I use source-in for a couple of my ports and this app only allows you to choose 1 source-in now.  To add insult to injury, because I cannot clear a queue I cannot not even play something on source-in because the queue overrides source-in. It seems like the coding was done by a caveman and on a Commodore 64.

Unless I am missing something this renders Sonos completely inoperable.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I think the room queues can be cleared via the desktop controller App on Mac/Windows, or by 3rd Party Apps. I use Soro on my iOS devices, as that can batch wipe ‘any’, or ‘all’, room queues. I used that though alongside the earlier S2 App.

Sitting here right now trying to clear a queue on my Mac mini Sonos desktop controller IT DOES NOT CLEAR QUEUE

This fiasco just gets worse and worse, here a list of things my SONOS no longer does.

CANT CLEAR OR EDIT QUEUE, ROOMS DISAPPEAR AND REAPPEAR, SOUND DROPOUTS REGULARLY, UNABLE TO MAKE PLAYLISTS, NO SNOOZE TIMER, FAVOURITES MISSING.

”SORRY SOMETHING WENT WRONG” message whenever I try to find classic fm.……etc etc etc.

Beyond annoyed getting angry. Sorry.

Sitting here right now trying to clear a queue on my Mac mini Sonos desktop controller IT DOES NOT CLEAR QUEUE

This fiasco just gets worse and worse, here a list of things my SONOS no longer does.

CANT CLEAR OR EDIT QUEUE, ROOMS DISAPPEAR AND REAPPEAR, SOUND DROPOUTS REGULARLY, UNABLE TO MAKE PLAYLISTS, NO SNOOZE TIMER, FAVOURITES MISSING.

”SORRY SOMETHING WENT WRONG” message whenever I try to find classic fm.……etc etc etc.

Beyond annoyed getting angry. Sorry.

Strange - I’m able to clear the queue in the desktop controller App? See attached.

Userlevel 1

Still can’t clear the queue.   SONOS stinks.   They have a habit of fixing stuff that “ain’t” broke yet.   Someone above suggested the desktop app can still clear the queue.   So, we’ll have to drag the laptop out to play SONOS until this is fixed.

WHY?  Would they consider  getting rid of a simple and well placed toggle to  “CLEAR QUEUE” on ANY app an improvement?  WHY?

Userlevel 1

What Sonos has done is terrible and a failure to support those who have bought their speakers.

I have just used the new app for the first time on my iphone and iPad and very frustrated. There is no way to clear the queue and I use this feature regularly.  I am so frustrated with Sonos right now but our whole music audio is controlled through Sonos.  We have speakers inside and out.  It was on one of the last updates, that we found out the we can only do basic controls on our older ipads.   We just may have to bite the bullet and get away from the system.